Home Made Bikes

Author Message
Posted: Apr 14, 2024 at 21:17 Quote
Here are some detail shots:

photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
HTA 64 STA 78 Stack 623mm Reach 480mm STL 410mm CS 440mm BB drop 40mm HTL 115mm Travel front 130mm rear 115mm Wheel size 29 front and back
HTA: 64°
STA: 78°
Stack: 623mm
Reach: 480mm
STL: 410mm
CS: 440mm
BB drop: 40mm
HTL: 115mm
Travel: front 130mm, rear 115mm
Wheel size: 29" front and back

Posted: Apr 14, 2024 at 21:21 Quote
Dayum!!! Those are even more impressive than I was expecting!! Absolutely legendary!! Salute Beer

Posted: Apr 14, 2024 at 21:44 Quote
mrti wrote:
Here are some detail shots:

photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
HTA 64 STA 78 Stack 623mm Reach 480mm STL 410mm CS 440mm BB drop 40mm HTL 115mm Travel front 130mm rear 115mm Wheel size 29 front and back
HTA: 64°
STA: 78°
Stack: 623mm
Reach: 480mm
STL: 410mm
CS: 440mm
BB drop: 40mm
HTL: 115mm
Travel: front 130mm, rear 115mm
Wheel size: 29" front and back

Amazing. How do you keep the shock from getting showered in muck?

Posted: Apr 14, 2024 at 23:41 Quote
Awesome work mrti. I love the way you've done the "shock tunnel". Also really good to see the routing for the rear brake. From the long shot you posted I feared you'd gone down the cable tourism route. lol

O+
Posted: Apr 15, 2024 at 0:58 Quote
Cleaner than a frog's armpit!

Posted: Apr 15, 2024 at 8:04 Quote
Does the brake hose exit near the bottom of the BB and right back into the chainstay?

O+
Posted: Apr 15, 2024 at 9:17 Quote
wow. that is the coolest rear shock placement I've ever seen. that's incredibly clever. can't wait to hear how it rides!

Posted: Apr 15, 2024 at 12:23 Quote
nicest high pivot ever.

Posted: Apr 15, 2024 at 12:44 Quote
commental wrote:
Awesome work mrti. I love the way you've done the "shock tunnel". Also really good to see the routing for the rear brake. From the long shot you posted I feared you'd gone down the cable tourism route. lol

I found that the camera blur wiped out the brake cables on the full bike picture Blank Stare . The routing is not through the headset (if you mean that by "cable tourism") but wrapping the brake cable internally around the main PP down to the BB and up through the DT is of course a bit tight.

And I have also designed a small additional fender for the shock that just needs printing.

Posted: Apr 15, 2024 at 13:35 Quote
mrti wrote:
commental wrote:
Awesome work mrti. I love the way you've done the "shock tunnel". Also really good to see the routing for the rear brake. From the long shot you posted I feared you'd gone down the cable tourism route. lol

I found that the camera blur wiped out the brake cables on the full bike picture Blank Stare . The routing is not through the headset (if you mean that by "cable tourism") but wrapping the brake cable internally around the main PP down to the BB and up through the DT is of course a bit tight.

Yes, from your full shot of the bike I thought it might be through the headset as I couldn't make out any cables, but I then could see how it's routed when you posted the detail shots. The term cable tourism came from a comment where someone's phone had auto corrected routing to tourism and it just stuck.

Posted: Apr 15, 2024 at 16:40 Quote
Indeed, looks great.
One thing though, I think the rear rotor in mounted backward.

Posted: Apr 15, 2024 at 18:10 Quote
Will-narayan wrote:
Indeed, looks great.
One thing though, I think the rear rotor in mounted backward.

Oh no! How could I have praised a frame made by someone w so little attention to detail that they would mount a rotor backwards. Oh the shame!









Jk. shit happens. Still an awesome homemade bike

Posted: Apr 16, 2024 at 3:13 Quote
Yep', just saying this out of safety concern, though in the rear is probably less important than the front.

And the most basic mistakes may happen specially when you're doing something complicated, when you're focused on detail and missing the big picture, or mentally exhausted.

Posted: Apr 17, 2024 at 8:56 Quote
MrTi posted more pics on the green site.

https://www.vitalmtb.com/community/thadeus/ranger-home-made-high-pivot-dc-steel-bike

I particularly like the 3d printed shock mud guard.


 


Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.027469
Mobile Version of Website