Home Made Bikes

Author Message
Posted: Sep 20, 2012 at 2:03 Quote
That thing is sweet as. Amazing quality for a home build. The in built mud guard is a nice touch too.

If you're after standards go to the SRAM service section. They have fitment specs for all their forks and drivetrains (including hangers and front mech mounts). Cane Creek have their headset specs available and were kind enough to send me 3D models of their DB and DBAir.

Posted: Sep 20, 2012 at 6:59 Quote
selfcontained wrote:
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://dolekop.com/images/2012/exit-homemade-frame/dsc00033.jpg
Some more pictures are here.

You gonna try and sell some or are you just doing it for you? I like! Big Grin

Posted: Sep 20, 2012 at 16:42 Quote
laynehip wrote:
rider1413 wrote:
To the people building dh bikes with small wheels.
https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/6930570/

haha that bike has been my phone homepage wallpaper for so long.
It has been a source of great inspiration!

Those must be 24" wheels though. I have that same fork and I dont think a 20" wheel would clear the stantions.

i made a 20" huck hardtail many, many years ago- i got a pair of 10" travel forks from a motorbike wreckers for $50, found an old rusty steel scooter frame and hacked the headtube off it, and welded it into a hartail without a seat and two mild steel parallel top tubes a'la the Nicolai 2MTBX frame, used the same steel for the seatstays/chainstays. welded it all up with a home-made, 30yr old stick welder that had no current control.


was much fun to my young self...

ghosts of the past...

Posted: Sep 20, 2012 at 18:11 Quote
selfcontained wrote:
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://dolekop.com/images/2012/exit-homemade-frame/dsc00033.jpg
Some more pictures are here.

This looks sick, wish that page was in English !

Posted: Sep 20, 2012 at 20:24 Quote
madm3chanic wrote:
laynehip wrote:
rider1413 wrote:
To the people building dh bikes with small wheels.
https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/6930570/

haha that bike has been my phone homepage wallpaper for so long.
It has been a source of great inspiration!

Those must be 24" wheels though. I have that same fork and I dont think a 20" wheel would clear the stantions.

i made a 20" huck hardtail many, many years ago- i got a pair of 10" travel forks from a motorbike wreckers for $50, found an old rusty steel scooter frame and hacked the headtube off it, and welded it into a hartail without a seat and two mild steel parallel top tubes a'la the Nicolai 2MTBX frame, used the same steel for the seatstays/chainstays. welded it all up with a home-made, 30yr old stick welder that had no current control.


was much fun to my young self...

ghosts of the past...
So awesome!
The wave of the future!

Posted: Sep 20, 2012 at 23:00 Quote
airmiller44 wrote:
selfcontained wrote:
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://dolekop.com/images/2012/exit-homemade-frame/dsc00033.jpg
Some more pictures are here.

This looks sick, wish that page was in English !

I thought the downtube sticker read 'intense' ! Confused lol

What an awesome home made bike !! love it !Fab Fab

Posted: Sep 21, 2012 at 14:51 Quote
2 sliders, 2 chain tensioners and wham, you have yourself a tight chain!

Posted: Sep 21, 2012 at 14:53 Quote
laynehip wrote:
2 sliders, 2 chain tensioners and wham, you have yourself a huge tangled mess!
*snip*

fyp.

Posted: Sep 21, 2012 at 17:53 Quote
Charge262 wrote:
laynehip wrote:
2 sliders, 2 chain tensioners and wham, you have yourself a huge tangled mess!
*snip*

fyp.
MY OPINION


keep the huge tangled mess on solid works for the future (in case you're bored in a few years or something)

make a huck bike with an old dirt bike fork, like that one above but with rear suspension.

and it'll be way easier and cheapper if you get the shock and fork before building the bike, that way, you can design the bike arround what you can get just what's cheapper and not have to worry about shit like "oh no! i can't get a shock the right lenght for my huck bike!"

Posted: Sep 21, 2012 at 18:02 Quote
i think you should definitely make it all-out- use two air shocks next to each other, a 100mm bb shell and use motorbike chains instead of pushy chains. and motorbike forks, definitely. its a bit of an effort making bike hubs work on motorbike forks tho...

Posted: Sep 21, 2012 at 19:27 Quote
Jose-David-DH wrote:
Charge262 wrote:
laynehip wrote:
2 sliders, 2 chain tensioners and wham, you have yourself a huge tangled mess!
*snip*

fyp.
MY OPINION


keep the huge tangled mess on solid works for the future (in case you're bored in a few years or something)

make a huck bike with an old dirt bike fork, like that one above but with rear suspension.

and it'll be way easier and cheapper if you get the shock and fork before building the bike, that way, you can design the bike arround what you can get just what's cheapper and not have to worry about shit like "oh no! i can't get a shock the right lenght for my huck bike!"

Well this one is actually designed to be a "small" huck bike, using 20" wheels, and 8 inch fork but with bmx handlebars.

I really want to do a full on huck bike using moto cross suspension, which will be my next design.
Right now I have no money for materials as I am in this school has ended, looking for a job lull, so I am just designing to keep busy until I can start bringing in materials.

I got some wild ideas for the bike using motocross suspension.

Posted: Sep 22, 2012 at 12:55 Quote
8" fork with bmx bars Eek

Posted: Sep 22, 2012 at 13:25 Quote
You"ll ride the bike like frankenstein.
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://globaltrendcapital.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/frankenstein.gif

Posted: Sep 22, 2012 at 16:44 Quote
yeah i dunno about that bmx bars thing...scripps has got it right in saying that you'll be riding standing straight up. use thumpster bars instead.

are the cranks gonna clear all them random cogs and junk above the drivetrain area? i made a few frames back in the day with chain rollers to divert the chain, i usually had trouble with the bolts hitting the cranks as they spun (i didnt have solidworks to help me out then)


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015296
Mobile Version of Website