Home Made Bikes

Posted: Apr 10, 2014 at 17:42 Quote
Thanks guys, I have looked around before asking I just thought I'd ask before commiting to a hanger.

This is probably the one I'll use as fitment is very easy to machine for location.
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/au/en/ns-bikes-derailleur-hanger-2012/rp-prod83572
Or just make my own like it.

I was toying with using the Syntace X-12
http://www.syntace.com/index.cfm?pid=1&pk=1314

They are even nice enough to have SW files for download.

Back to Solidworks for a bit I think.

Thanks again,

Posted: Apr 11, 2014 at 11:13 Quote
Does anyone know if I could get a super light BB shell for a carbon frame anywhere off the shelf? Ive been getting Ti/Alu ones full thickness and turning them down but its too much hassle, need to streamline things and minimise weight!!
thanks v much

Posted: Apr 11, 2014 at 11:35 Quote
findhan wrote:
Does anyone know if I could get a super light BB shell for a carbon frame anywhere off the shelf? Ive been getting Ti/Alu ones full thickness and turning them down but its too much hassle, need to streamline things and minimise weight!!
thanks v much

If you know the dimensions you could always order some polished tubing. Then all you would have to do is cut the desired width and face both sides to finish.

Posted: Apr 12, 2014 at 1:43 Quote
Yeah but Id need to cut threads / get an intereference fit depending on BB type on it too so its just back to more turning and the likes. Just on the off-chance anyone knew of them.

Posted: Apr 15, 2014 at 15:20 Quote
nother one out of the shed

descendence 2-stroke prototype mk2 all kitted up and ready for a rip full Avalanche shocks front and back cartridge upgrades in the lyric s tapered headtube 150x12mm rear Ti swingarm...lookin fast

descendence 2-stroke prototype mk2 all kitted up and ready for a rip

all tapered and lovely Smile

Posted: Apr 15, 2014 at 15:47 Quote
Skinny toobs really suit the Middleburn cranks; nice job!

Posted: Apr 16, 2014 at 22:04 Quote
Yah! Stellar job. You are really pumping them out these days!

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 5:55 Quote
BungedUP wrote:
Yah! Stellar job. You are really pumping them out these days!

its funny, it feels like iv slowed down, but im actually putting out more than i used to. iv alredy turned down four this year which might have something to do with it...but i gotta finish a hardtail this long wknd and then start my personal enduro frame. i guess im just focusing more! Smile

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 21:22 Quote
Well good work. Your frames are looking great, and I can see why people are coming to you and asking for them.

Posted: Apr 18, 2014 at 5:39 Quote
BungedUP wrote:
Well good work. Your frames are looking great, and I can see why people are coming to you and asking for them.

cheers dude, got nothin on you tho...my frames are startin to get pretty good, but those bendy top-tubed hardtails you make are nothing short of stunning. your frames are far and away the highest quality that has ever been on this thread me thinks. you should put more pics up! makes me feel a lil stalkerish hunting thru your profile lookin for pics of frames haha Wink

Posted: Apr 18, 2014 at 22:20 Quote
Started building a frame jig today. It will take a little longer to set up than an upright jig, but this one cost me pretty much nothing and will work good for the first few frames.

Bottom bracket and seat tube tacking jig

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 13:24 Quote
Hi Everyone, the urge to build came back to me, but it seem that some of my provider have closed there door, does anyone know of steel tube and part provider, thank you,

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 15:12 Quote
Hi guys!

I'm designing a steel mini-downhill frame, 180mm travel, 26", very short chainstay and 30mm of rearward travel. I still have the idler pulley system to design and I will start to build.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://imageshack.com/a/img834/6541/4wmk.jpg
What do you guys think about it?

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.024200
Mobile Version of Website