Home Made Bikes

Posted: Jun 27, 2017 at 12:36 Quote
Boost? ^^^^
Just asking tup

Love raw ..love your chainstays

Posted: Jun 27, 2017 at 13:00 Quote
Does either. Like the surlys. Built to 145 ish. Just check hanger when ding first build with whichever spacing you use.

Posted: Jun 27, 2017 at 13:13 Quote
Tsoxbhk wrote:
Does either. Like the surlys. Built to 145 ish. Just check hanger when ding first build with whichever spacing you use.

I geddit tup

Cool

Posted: Jun 28, 2017 at 5:27 Quote
What program are you guys using to help design the frames. Im trying to design a vpp dh frame on linkage x3 but it really limits your creativity and pulls the frame geo even when i try to change the pivot locations

Posted: Jun 28, 2017 at 17:30 Quote
grundletroll wrote:
What program are you guys using to help design the frames. Im trying to design a vpp dh frame on linkage x3 but it really limits your creativity and pulls the frame geo even when i try to change the pivot locations

turn off the "move geometry with drag" option (or whatever it is). thats an setting nooob hahaha

just use linkage to get a nice leverage curve and the anti-squat/whatever else you want, then use the x,y locations to draw it up in whatever CAD program you have access too. a lot of people use google sketch-up 3D cause its free.

Posted: Jun 28, 2017 at 18:44 Quote
So, I have never used a cad program... Is it a hard thing to pickup? Is there instructions how to use google sketch up?

I am getting inspired from you guys to build a bike

Posted: Jun 28, 2017 at 20:55 Quote
I haven't dealt with Sketchupuch but it seems quite simple and there are always tonnes of YouTube tutorials for features and operations of CAD programs.

Posted: Jun 28, 2017 at 22:39 Quote
I would highly recommend fusion 360, which is free for private use and it's one of my all time favorite CAD programs. You will find really good YouTube tutorials as well.

Cheers, Reto

Posted: Jun 29, 2017 at 2:48 Quote
i think Rhino also has free versions. Rhino files can be opened by solidwrks also so thats probably a bonus down the track.

O+
Posted: Jun 29, 2017 at 14:55 Quote
Start in Linkage.

Get something like this.

From Linkage.

Then fire up Fusion360 and get something like this.

Working out the CAD model.

Realize that maybe a few items are too ambitious for the tooling you have available and might weigh more than you want.

Go back to Linkage and now you know more on where you need to move things around to get what you need/want.

End up at something like this.

photo

Now if I can finally finish re-organizing my garage and get to the actual building. Aiming for a end of July completion on this.

Posted: Jun 29, 2017 at 15:13 Quote
Okay, thank you guys!

I am shitty at computers... I might not ever figure it out, so far it's complicated

Posted: Jun 29, 2017 at 18:45 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
Okay, thank you guys!

I am shitty at computers... I might not ever figure it out, so far it's complicated

just buy a frame, trust us all when we say it'll actually be cheaper Wink

Posted: Jun 29, 2017 at 23:05 Quote
madm3chanic wrote:
i think Rhino also has free versions. Rhino files can be opened by solidwrks also so thats probably a bonus down the track.
I use solidworks professionally but like fusion way better. And you can always export a step or iges file if you need to.

Posted: Jun 30, 2017 at 3:38 Quote
madm3chanic wrote:
Thepureface wrote:
Okay, thank you guys!

just buy a frame, trust us all when we say it'll actually be cheaper Wink

I think I might just get the guy who owns altruiste bikes to make me up one when the time comes..

I just think it's so cool to build your own regardless of price

Posted: Jun 30, 2017 at 3:43 Quote
SleepingAwake wrote:
madm3chanic wrote:
I use solidworks professionally but like fusion way better. And you can always export a step or iges file if you need to.

kinda off tpic, but out of interest why do you prefer fusion? im currently looking for an alternative to sworks

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.362362
Mobile Version of Website