Home Made Bikes

Author Message
Posted: Mar 7, 2018 at 7:00 Quote
merc-blue wrote:
Simple question, Bikecad Pro. worrth it?
I find the web app so frustrating that its hard to tell if the full version is worthwhile..
It seems alot of guys use it and its not particularly expensive.
anyone on here use it?
“BikeCAD Pro is much like the free version, except it does not run inside a web browser and does not require an Internet connection. It also includes several additional features not available in the free version.”
Well maybe if you didn’t like free version I’m not sure if you cold justify spending $300 for the pro version....

Posted: Mar 8, 2018 at 0:32 Quote
NotDannyHart wrote:
merc-blue wrote:
Simple question, Bikecad Pro. worrth it?
I find the web app so frustrating that its hard to tell if the full version is worthwhile..
It seems alot of guys use it and its not particularly expensive.
anyone on here use it?
“BikeCAD Pro is much like the free version, except it does not run inside a web browser and does not require an Internet connection. It also includes several additional features not available in the free version.”
Well maybe if you didn’t like free version I’m not sure if you cold justify spending $300 for the pro version....

The web app i think causes most of my frustration..
I have tried RattleCad and a few others..
But its seams nothing is nearly as good as bikecad.

Posted: Mar 8, 2018 at 2:21 Quote
I cannot see an advantage of bikecad over something like onshape or fusion 360...

Posted: Mar 8, 2018 at 13:44 Quote
Yeah if you can design a program in fusion or solid works it's easy enough in there

Posted: Mar 10, 2018 at 6:27 Quote
What is the hardest part of building a frame guys?

Is it the design stage? as someone who doesn't know how to use CAD or solid works or anything like that it seems very hard

Posted: Mar 11, 2018 at 10:33 Quote
I am not sure if learning to TIG weld or learning CAD (I am talking real CAD not simple bikeframe specific CAD) is harder.
Depends a lot on your personal skills and abilitys. Both takes a lot of time and practice.

Posted: Mar 11, 2018 at 10:45 Quote
On the other hand one can build a beautiful carbon frame without CAD skills or welding...

Posted: Mar 11, 2018 at 11:03 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
What is the hardest part of building a frame guys?

Is it the design stage? as someone who doesn't know how to use CAD or solid works or anything like that it seems very hard

Cutting and holding of tubes is where I find it to be the hardest. Design and welding are the easy parts imo.

Posted: Mar 11, 2018 at 12:18 Quote
Hardest part of building your first homemade bike: Getting started.

Posted: Mar 11, 2018 at 18:13 Quote
Cutting seatstays is still my hardest hahaha. Fixture to cut those is the current project, that should help alot! Razz

Posted: Mar 11, 2018 at 18:31 Quote
jacobaffreux wrote:
Cutting seatstays is still my hardest hahaha. Fixture to cut those is the current project, that should help alot! Razz

I went anvil. It's awesome! I got the bender as well. I can now bend and cut my own stays faster than I could dick with pre bent ones.

Posted: Mar 12, 2018 at 16:12 Quote
Thanks guys appreciate the info Salute

Posted: Mar 12, 2018 at 17:43 Quote
Tsoxbhk wrote:
jacobaffreux wrote:
Cutting seatstays is still my hardest hahaha. Fixture to cut those is the current project, that should help alot! Razz

I went anvil. It's awesome! I got the bender as well. I can now bend and cut my own stays faster than I could dick with pre bent ones.

Ohhh... Someday I'll get mine too! Aswell as a proper bender. I've bent those seatstays myself, on a 14'' Toyota rim!

Bike number 3

Posted: Apr 10, 2018 at 13:35 Quote
Rendering of a carbon trail bike with 140mm of squish in the front. Not sure if it will ever get out of concept phase...

Rendering of a carbon trail bike with 140mm of squish in the front. Not sure if it will ever get out of concept phase...

I was working on my bike frame again. There is still tons of work on the model to do before i can even start to think about building molds. What do you guys think? Hit me with comments/questions/critique...

Travel: 140mm
Wheel size: 27.5" with clearance for up to 2.6" tires
Reach: 480mm
Stack: 636mm
CS length: 430mm
HT angle: 66° (static)
ST angle: 75°

cheers, Reto


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011473
Mobile Version of Website