Home Made Bikes

O+
Posted: May 19, 2019 at 12:01 Quote
Do we need a separate thread for metal properties nerds

Posted: May 19, 2019 at 22:50 Quote
Grumposaur wrote:
But I cant find the loadcases they will apply on their site. Only forms to submit a frame for testing, but prior that one would like to design for EFBE test case first, right?

I'm afraid I can't provide the EFBE test protocols, as I'm under non-disclosure agreement as a client. I don't have ride data like what Cesar Rojo describes, so I can't comment on how accurately the ISO and EFBE tests model actual stresses. The EFBE tests feel more reasonable, for whatever that's worth, and they offer numerous options for various categories of bikes. The only one that concerns me is their DH fatigue test. Maybe it's appropriate; all I know is it's brutal - far more intense than the other fatigue tests.

Posted: May 22, 2019 at 23:17 Quote
I love this discussions about who has the biggest (knowledge/title) dick

Posted: May 23, 2019 at 2:29 Quote
RMR knows everything, no need for further discussion

Posted: May 23, 2019 at 2:34 Quote
dhmtbr777 wrote:
RMR knows everything, no need for further discussion

photo

O+
Posted: May 23, 2019 at 6:38 Quote
One of the few times I ever wished to be a lecturer for the school of engineering was so that I could pull up the home made bikes thread in front of a full lecture hall of students and watch the carnage...

Posted: May 23, 2019 at 7:59 Quote
Kustomango wrote:
One of the few times I ever wished to be a lecturer for the school of engineering was so that I could pull up the home made bikes thread in front of a full lecture hall of students and watch the carnage...
Hahaha... I can just imagine the scene. With the students up the front willing to wage verbal warfare with each other and anyone else, going mental and foaming at the mouth at the prospect of having a discussion (argument). A group of students a few rows back drifting in and out of consciousness through lack of sleep. Finally, the group towards the back which is a mix of students that pay little attention during lectures but pass exams nonetheless, and then the ones going through the stage of wondering why the F they chose to do engineering Wink

O+
Posted: May 23, 2019 at 9:48 Quote
No special engineering.

photo
photo

Then I realized I had screwed up the crank clearance and the yoke plates were too thin.

Lesson's learned. Don't freehand the bike, take the time to do the CAD/drawing. Do a full fit up BEFORE paint.

photo
photo
photo

Bike had a double chainstay transplant and survived.

photo
First ride.

O+
Posted: May 27, 2019 at 22:04 Quote
If looks could kill! Any specific purpose of the double thin top tubes or just because?

Posted: May 29, 2019 at 0:54 Quote
JokerT wrote:
photo

It is done.

Top work! We need more pics please

O+
Posted: May 31, 2019 at 9:22 Quote
Have any of you had success with clear coating steel?

Posted: May 31, 2019 at 13:43 Quote
cedrico wrote:
Have any of you had success with clear coating steel?

Everbrite does some excellent clearcoates for steel, patinas etc, quality at a price though

Posted: Jun 3, 2019 at 4:57 Quote
smalltownboycustoms wrote:

Top work! We need more pics please

Thanks, I´ll make some, as soon as i got a good camera Smile

Posted: Jun 9, 2019 at 5:00 Quote
Hi, i want to build single pivot steel dh bike and im thinking is its possible to make swingarm from glassfiber?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.024270
Mobile Version of Website