Home Made Bikes

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 4:33 Quote
JokerT wrote:
Beauty!

What is the purpose of the weld at the top of the seattube?

Cheers, It's the seat tube collar I machined to fit 30.9 seat post. It slots into the 35mmx.09mm seat tube

Posted: Sep 8, 2019 at 16:26 Quote
Does anyone have drawings of the pinion gearbox and the bridge? I'd like to build a frame for one but my google fu is weak.

Posted: Sep 8, 2019 at 16:27 Quote
smalltownboycustoms wrote:
JokerT wrote:
Beauty!

What is the purpose of the weld at the top of the seattube?

Cheers, It's the seat tube collar I machined to fit 30.9 seat post. It slots into the 35mmx.09mm seat tube
I do it the same way .. Its a nice way to fit it up

Posted: Sep 8, 2019 at 20:46 Quote
latheboy wrote:
Does anyone have drawings of the pinion gearbox and the bridge? I'd like to build a frame for one but my google fu is weak.

I would bet if you emailed them nicely they would send you control drawings

Posted: Sep 9, 2019 at 1:48 Quote
latheboy wrote:

This should work
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JUOi_DoDrcslGV3obOAfk_h7AkywPZyG

Posted: Sep 9, 2019 at 3:12 Quote
I did ask very nicely a few years ago and got nothing back. Might have been missed no big deal. Thanks @octanejake, thant is helpful .. do you know the crank location related to the bridge?

Posted: Sep 9, 2019 at 5:11 Quote
if you email them they will send them. i have it too if you need it

Posted: Sep 9, 2019 at 14:42 Quote
latheboy wrote:
I did ask very nicely a few years ago and got nothing back. Might have been missed no big deal. Thanks @octanejake, thant is helpful .. do you know the crank location related to the bridge?

In the side view, middle top, there is a line intersection labeled "bottom bracket axis" that is dimensioned. I assumed that would be the crank axle center, although, I haven't verified it.

Posted: Sep 9, 2019 at 17:48 Quote
[Quote="NorCalNomad"]
latheboy wrote:

I have the drawings with measurements, whats your email?

Posted: Sep 9, 2019 at 19:43 Quote
Thanks guys, I didn't see the datum looking on my phone. I'll pm you simon. Cheers

Posted: Sep 10, 2019 at 12:59 Quote
My latest frame

My latest build

My latest frame

Testin the new frame

So thanks to the article today on PB i found this place here are some pics of my latest frame a 140mm 29er.
Hope you like it Smile

Posted: Sep 10, 2019 at 13:13 Quote
DanAlmberg wrote:
So thanks to the article today on PB i found this place here are some pics of my latest frame a 140mm 29er.
Hope you like it Smile

Love it!

Could you please tell us more, such as:

• What led you to creating your own bikes
• The specific design goals of this build
• How it turned out
• What you learned or would do differently
• Future projects

Thanks!

Posted: Sep 10, 2019 at 13:59 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
DanAlmberg wrote:
Hope you like it Smile

Love it!

Could you please tell us more, such as:

• What led you to creating your own bikes = broke 9 frames in 5 years
• The specific design goals of this build = a do it all bike all from park days to hole days out
• How it turned out = Woorks good so far 600 kilomters on it
• What you learned or would do differently =Thinner tubing for the rear frame would work i think
• Future projects = now im doing a front triangle for a bike to my kid

Thanks!

And happy that you like it here is a vid from this summer when testing it Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vjAny4ax9U

Dont know how to embed it here...

Posted: Sep 10, 2019 at 14:27 Quote
Thanks!

Not many kids have a custom frame! Just be sure a water bottle fits inside the main triangle or you'll never hear the end of it - or maybe that's just the Pinkbike comments Wink

Posted: Sep 10, 2019 at 16:36 Quote
How long will the down tube last having to react the shock load which is acting near on perpendicular in the middle of an unsupported tube, OR have you massively overbuilt it with huge wall thickness which means it’s overly heavy?

Good work getting the frame together Dan, but to me that design just shouts compliance and/or failure... I’d like to be proven wrong though... Smile

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015475
Mobile Version of Website