Home Made Bikes

Posted: Sep 10, 2019 at 16:52 Quote
Didn't want to say it, but jgmu may be right. I see the huge gusset and that's comforting; still, it may benefit from a Rocky Mountain 2XS ladder-frame brace:

Rocky Mountain 2XS was the carbon kevlar version of their Pipeline freeride bike

Posted: Sep 10, 2019 at 21:41 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
Thanks!

Not many kids have a custom frame! Just be sure a water bottle fits inside the main triangle or you'll never hear the end of it - or maybe that's just the Pinkbike comments Wink

Thanks it won't have a bottle holder she had a camel back I prefer low standover????

Posted: Sep 10, 2019 at 21:45 Quote
jgmu97 wrote:
How long will the down tube last having to react the shock load which is acting near on perpendicular in the middle of an unsupported tube, OR have you massively overbuilt it with huge wall thickness which means it’s overly heavy?

Good work getting the frame together Dan, but to me that design just shouts compliance and/or failure... I’d like to be proven wrong though... Smile

That's mine mail concern as well. It's 1 mm wall thickness tubing there but a really long shock mount. And only way I managed too get a singlepivot to be progressive. Holds so far only time will tell but there are some similar frames or there that don't have a hole down tube????

Posted: Sep 10, 2019 at 22:07 Quote
DanAlmberg wrote:
R-M-R wrote:
Thanks!

Not many kids have a custom frame! Just be sure a water bottle fits inside the main triangle or you'll never hear the end of it - or maybe that's just the Pinkbike comments Wink

Thanks it won't have a bottle holder she had a camel back I prefer low standover????

Just a joke. Pinkbike is famous for vigorously complaining whenever a bike is introduced without space for a water bottle.

Posted: Sep 10, 2019 at 23:12 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
DanAlmberg wrote:
R-M-R wrote:
Thanks!

Just a joke. Pinkbike is famous for vigorously complaining whenever a bike is introduced without space for a water bottle.

Yeah i know Smile But you never know Wink

Posted: Sep 10, 2019 at 23:25 Quote
DanAlmberg wrote:
R-M-R wrote:
DanAlmberg wrote:

I've excluded bikes from my shopping list over the lack of a bottle mount, so I'm only half joking!

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 1:13 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
DanAlmberg wrote:
R-M-R wrote:

I've excluded bikes from my shopping list over the lack of a bottle mount, so I'm only half joking!

I never use them. Only on gravel bikes. But i could easly fit one on that frame.

Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 16:29 Quote
smalltownboycustoms wrote:
Just finished my latest build, 130mm travel 29er hardtail.

25% Sag Geometry

homemade 29er steel hardtail
Just needs cable routing sorting and then ready for paint

No way, that’s almost exactly the project i’m working on right now, a 130mm hardtail! Yours looks absolutely gorgeous!

Posted: Oct 15, 2019 at 12:33 Quote
we are getting closer...

Really long time since the last update. The whole thing takes FOREVER. I don't even want to know how many hours i spent working on this frame. but it is turning out awesome. I'm actually a little further ahead than on this picture. All the joints are wrapped and the frame is structurally finished. Working on the ports of the internal cable routing now.

Well, actually I'm working on a couple of snowboards now. Frame has to wait a little bit...

Posted: Oct 16, 2019 at 4:02 Quote
Hello everyone. Im looking to get back into building some frames. I always struggle big time with CAD - has anyone got links to or 3D models they could share of components I can use to build an assembly so I can focus on the actual frame. Im looking for
142 or 148mm hub / wheel & tyre 29"
Forks around 120mm
Crankset

Thanks v much

Posted: Oct 17, 2019 at 2:28 Quote
findhan wrote:
Hello everyone. Im looking to get back into building some frames. I always struggle big time with CAD - has anyone got links to or 3D models they could share of components I can use to build an assembly so I can focus on the actual frame. Im looking for
142 or 148mm hub / wheel & tyre 29"
Forks around 120mm
Crankset

Thanks v much

Try here, https://grabcad.com/library you can find pretty much all you need.

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 0:35 Quote
I took a few parts from grabcad and am just going to modify them, thanks. Damn cad!!

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 11:16 Quote
My kids new bike 29 er. Giant Anthem 2011 with new front triangle.

Just made this for my kid Smile
Giant Anthem 2011 with new front triangle.
29er 65 ha

Posted: Oct 19, 2019 at 6:15 Quote
DanAlmberg wrote:

Just made this for my kid Smile
Giant Anthem 2011 with new front triangle.
29er 65 ha

Elegant styling.. How does she like it?

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018342
Mobile Version of Website