Home Made Bikes

Posted: Feb 28, 2020 at 8:55 Quote
Soda am rad!! Love it buddy!!

Posted: Feb 28, 2020 at 9:02 Quote
Too bad you can’t see the brazing any more but that painting is friggin awesome. Beautiful bike man!

Out of curiosity, how tall are you?

Posted: Feb 29, 2020 at 4:24 Quote
scotteh wrote:
Too bad you can’t see the brazing any more but that painting is friggin awesome. Beautiful bike man!

Mark is like 6'1" unless he's shrunk since we rode bmx together back in the day.

Mark, your bike is rad and I love it!

Posted: Feb 29, 2020 at 18:08 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
scotteh wrote:

Mark is like 6'1" unless he's shrunk since we rode bmx together back in the day.

Damn, that’s a long ass bike. I’m the same height and found a 488 reach too long. Can’t imagine 515.

Sweet spot is 460-470 for me personally depending on type of bike and riding.

Looks sick though!!

Posted: Mar 1, 2020 at 7:50 Quote
scotteh wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
scotteh wrote:

Damn, that’s a long ass bike. I’m the same height and found a 488 reach too long. Can’t imagine 515.

Sweet spot is 460-470 for me personally depending on type of bike and riding.

Looks sick though!!

im 5'11, with limbs of someone 6'3. saddle height is 785mm.

the seat tube angle and low stack height has a lot to do with how this bike feels. at sag the sta on this bike creeps towards 79 degrees. my dual susp reach is also 515, and it feels a lot bigger because of the 76 sta, and 35 more mm of stack height.

ive had a couple people sit on this hardtail that normally ride 480-490 reach bikes and thought it felt 'surprisingly normal'.

Posted: Mar 5, 2020 at 12:57 Quote
Anyone got experience with 6061 aluminium and brazing it?

Posted: Mar 11, 2020 at 13:06 Quote
SRAM's universial derailler hanger specification is now available for everyone:
https://www.universalderailleurhanger.com

Posted: Mar 14, 2020 at 12:47 Quote

trying to wrap my head around building a single pivot dual susp. so far the most daunting task seems to be trying to learn fusion360! built the shock in fusion first as it seems to be a good first project. eye to eye set to 230 mm, and max compression set to 60 mm.

the plan is to build something that doesnt require any machining, based off of the curtis xr650 - but with 29" wheels.

probably going to use a headset and steer tube as the pivot.

anyone else tackle a dual susp?

Posted: Mar 15, 2020 at 17:05 Quote
Hey Guys,
I've been a long time lurker. Only now started in on actually attempting to put my ideas into CAD. My big issue is finding standards that I can model parts off the shelf parts from. Where do I go to find CAD drawings of forks, shocks, hubs, etc? Or are there documents out there that give standard dimensions??? I just can't seem to find where to start. Seems like a dumb question but I just can't figure it out!

Posted: Mar 15, 2020 at 19:51 Quote
EarninTurns wrote:
Hey Guys,
I've been a long time lurker. Only now started in on actually attempting to put my ideas into CAD. My big issue is finding standards that I can model parts off the shelf parts from. Where do I go to find CAD drawings of forks, shocks, hubs, etc? Or are there documents out there that give standard dimensions??? I just can't seem to find where to start. Seems like a dumb question but I just can't figure it out!
Fox, Rockshox/Sram, and some of the framebuilding suppliers have relatively easy to find part specifications/drawings. Shimano's drawing are for the most part much harder to find but they do also exist. You can also measure the actual parts on your bike.

Posted: Mar 17, 2020 at 11:27 Quote

I drew mine in Autocad Inventor. Only the front in 3d but i could at least see that it all would work Smile
Ridden the bike for about 1500 kilomerers now.

Posted: Mar 18, 2020 at 8:10 Quote
Got some dropouts laser cut through Fractory which I'm pretty stoked on. Files arrived yesterday so pretty much ready to start!

Posted: Mar 18, 2020 at 12:25 Quote
EarninTurns wrote:
Hey Guys,

Hi,
Heaps of stuff here https://grabcad.com/library?page=1&time=all_time&sort=recent&query=mountain%20bike
Just double check a few key dimension before you go ahead and manufacture.

Posted: Mar 19, 2020 at 14:26 Quote
jamieridesbikes wrote:
Got some dropouts laser cut through Fractory which I'm pretty stoked on. Files arrived yesterday so pretty much ready to start!

Fractory advert keeps popping up on my Instagram. How were they? Also how much did this order cost?

Posted: Mar 19, 2020 at 16:52 Quote
smalltownboycustoms wrote:
jamieridesbikes wrote:

Fractory advert keeps popping up on my Instagram. How were they? Also how much did this order cost?
Super happy with them, barely need any smoothing or touching up. Tiny marks from the last bit of the cut but pretty clean otherwise.

They do instant quotes on their website, dunno if you've used 3D hubs or Weerg but it's pretty similar. Good to have a play about with different ideas/materials etc. I've tried a few things and the minimum order is around £70-80 plus shipping.
These are mild steel but you can also get stainless and aluminium. I think they can do stuff like countersinking and threading too.

Got a few spare if anyone's after some...

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009217
Mobile Version of Website