Home Made Bikes

Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 1:02 Quote
https://www.peterverdone.com/you-cant-fix-it-in-post/

I think he's saying that because you didn't do any trigonometry or technical drawings it's crap??

Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 4:18 Quote
Just because there is no CAD drawings doesn't mean it is not well thought out. I know a guy who built 20 aircrafts this way (and I'm not talking about RC aircrafts). Some of them became really popular designs.

Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 15:07 Quote
Hey guys, does anyone know dimensions of hardware for Trunnions mount shocks, or at least how wide the shock is between mounting points?

I can’t find any docs online

Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 15:23 Quote
pvd666 wrote:
You should read my 2020-03-13 post.

What a knob you are.

Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 15:55 Quote
rideonjon wrote:
pvd666 wrote:

What a knob you are.
Word

Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 19:31 Quote
pvd666 wrote:

Dude nobody cares, this thread is for cool home made shit, not for you to talk shit and promote your garbage blog website.

Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 19:34 Quote
theweaz wrote:
Dude nobody cares, this thread is for cool home made shit, not for you to talk shit and promote your garbage blog website.

To be fair, his blog has some good information. It's just his personality that's garbage.

Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 19:41 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
theweaz wrote:

To be fair, his blog has some good information. It's just his personality that's garbage.

Agreed the guy is a skilled craftsman and makes some beautiful bikes,but absolute shit as a person.

Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 19:58 Quote
rideonjon wrote:
Agreed the guy is a skilled craftsman and makes some beautiful bikes,but absolute shit as a person.

And that's fine ... mostly.

I'm grateful for his experiments and investigations and he's provided us with valuable information and worthwhile ideas. A few crackpot ideas, too, but that's part of the process. I'm glad he exists. It's just a matter of extracting the value and ignoring the "less savory elements".

Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 20:17 Quote
I’m still going to stand by my opinion that he doesn’t need to be driving traffic to his own website that for the most part is full or arrogant language, although does provide some useful data if you look past how much this guy obviously thinks of himself.

Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 20:30 Quote
theweaz wrote:
I’m still going to stand by my opinion that he doesn’t need to be driving traffic to his own website that for the most part is full or arrogant language, although does provide some useful data if you look past how much this guy obviously thinks of himself.

That's what I said! Beer

Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 22:22 Quote
SleepingAwake wrote:
Just because there is no CAD drawings doesn't mean it is not well thought out. I know a guy who built 20 aircrafts this way (and I'm not talking about RC aircrafts). Some of them became really popular designs.
Yep agree. I use the linkage software and draw the main points onto my steel table using measuring tape and rule.. Even some sincostan to get the head angle. Have thought about getting prints done then lay it on the table but i can draw it on the table in about an hour.. all good.

Posted: Mar 29, 2020 at 11:08 Quote
simon477 wrote:
SleepingAwake wrote:
Yep agree. I use the linkage software and draw the main points onto my steel table using measuring tape and rule.. Even some sincostan to get the head angle. Have thought about getting prints done then lay it on the table but i can draw it on the table in about an hour.. all good.
"They act like I have a duty to support these evaluations with academic rigor and test sessions. I don’t." -pverdone
so.. carry on! great looking bike!

Posted: Mar 29, 2020 at 12:42 Quote
hmbprider61 wrote:
"They act like I have a duty to support these evaluations with academic rigor and test sessions. I don’t." -pverdone

"I do this for fun and for free. You don’t pay me. I owe you absolutely nothing. What should you get for free? What is my responsibility here? How about – fu*k you. Often, I will leave one word comments on a thing; “junk” or “crap”. People get upset. They act like I have a duty to support these evaluations with academic rigor and test sessions. I don’t. I’m busy. I do enough already. You get long winded write ups on topics I enjoy. That is my fun. If a drive by snipe is what I had time for then that is what you get. Learn from it. Instead of asking more from me, how about if you ask more from yourself? Why don’t you try what I do? Grow a goddam pair and fight. I get tired of lame debates with tools that think saying anything bad about a shit product is bad. So tired. I’d like to read a decent critique once in a while, why don’t you give it a try? Do some math. Prove your point."

https://www.peterverdone.com/i-am-a-critic/

Posted: Mar 29, 2020 at 16:10 Quote
Please go away pvd.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007713
Mobile Version of Website