Home Made Bikes

Posted: Mar 29, 2020 at 17:06 Quote
pvd666 wrote:
hmbprider61 wrote:
"They act like I have a duty to support these evaluations with academic rigor and test sessions. I don’t." -pverdone

"I do this for fun and for free. You don’t pay me. I owe you absolutely nothing. What should you get for free? What is my responsibility here? How about – fu*k you. Often, I will leave one word comments on a thing; “junk” or “crap”. People get upset. They act like I have a duty to support these evaluations with academic rigor and test sessions. I don’t. I’m busy. I do enough already. You get long winded write ups on topics I enjoy. That is my fun. If a drive by snipe is what I had time for then that is what you get. Learn from it. Instead of asking more from me, how about if you ask more from yourself? Why don’t you try what I do? Grow a goddam pair and fight. I get tired of lame debates with tools that think saying anything bad about a shit product is bad. So tired. I’d like to read a decent critique once in a while, why don’t you give it a try? Do some math. Prove your point."

https://www.peterverdone.com/i-am-a-critic/

Crap post.

Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 3:48 Quote
pvd666 wrote:
hmbprider61 wrote:
"They act like I have a duty to support these evaluations with academic rigor and test sessions. I don’t." -pverdone

"I do this for fun and for free. You don’t pay me. I owe you absolutely nothing. What should you get for free? What is my responsibility here? How about – fu*k you. Often, I will leave one word comments on a thing; “junk” or “crap”. People get upset. They act like I have a duty to support these evaluations with academic rigor and test sessions. I don’t. I’m busy. I do enough already. You get long winded write ups on topics I enjoy. That is my fun. If a drive by snipe is what I had time for then that is what you get. Learn from it. Instead of asking more from me, how about if you ask more from yourself? Why don’t you try what I do? Grow a goddam pair and fight. I get tired of lame debates with tools that think saying anything bad about a shit product is bad. So tired. I’d like to read a decent critique once in a while, why don’t you give it a try? Do some math. Prove your point."

https://www.peterverdone.com/i-am-a-critic/
jesus Christ your broodier than Batman.back to the bat cave for you.

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 11:01 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
rideonjon wrote:
Agreed the guy is a skilled craftsman and makes some beautiful bikes,but absolute shit as a person.

And that's fine ... mostly.

I'm grateful for his experiments and investigations and he's provided us with valuable information and worthwhile ideas. A few crackpot ideas, too, but that's part of the process. I'm glad he exists. It's just a matter of extracting the value and ignoring the "less savory elements".

I dot mind him to be fair. ...THERES LOTS OF PEOPLE who are shit at talking but have plenty to offer technically

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 11:36 Quote
I'm a toolmaker of 20 years, a professional CAD designer of 10 years.
Reading Pvd's stuff made me feel sad for the students he deals with. Lots of buzz words and repeated lines to fill out his post.

If he was shitposting I'd give h credit though. Sadly not.

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 11:38 Quote
Pvd contributes as much as Wakidesign. We'd be better off if we didn't have to hear from either.

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 11:59 Quote
his FAQ at the end of that post sounds like a 12 year old who just learned about the F word

Posted: Apr 3, 2020 at 5:57 Quote
simon477 wrote:

Just finished another frame

Feel like that all so many people want right there. Simple, clean, gearbox.

Posted: Apr 3, 2020 at 7:02 Quote
sethius wrote:
simon477 wrote:

Just finished another frame

yeah, but space for, but no bottle cage mounts? dangerous for the succes rate.

But for real: pretty spot on.

Posted: Apr 3, 2020 at 11:34 Quote
sethius wrote:

Ticking all the boxes for me!

I've got a problem and I'm wondering if anyone could help me.
The plan was to chop the top off a cheap steel pivotal seat post to braze to my (steel) seat tube, to make a neat ISP on the dirt jump frame I have just started. Turns out the top part is actually aluminium and is just pressed into a steel shaft.

Am I shit out of luck? Seems like brazing aluminium to steel is a no-go.
Sorry if it's a stupid question, done some research but I have zero knowledge of anything other than brazing.

Posted: Apr 3, 2020 at 22:53 Quote
curbwzrd wrote:

trying to wrap my head around building a single pivot dual susp. so far the most daunting task seems to be trying to learn fusion360! built the shock in fusion first as it seems to be a good first project. eye to eye set to 230 mm, and max compression set to 60 mm.

the plan is to build something that doesnt require any machining, based off of the curtis xr650 - but with 29" wheels.

probably going to use a headset and steer tube as the pivot.

anyone else tackle a dual susp?
Hey Mark! If you need anything turned on a lathe let me know. I have the goods.

Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 17:03 Quote
jamieridesbikes wrote:

I've got a problem and I'm wondering if anyone could help me.
The plan was to chop the top off a cheap steel pivotal seat post to braze to my (steel) seat tube, to make a neat ISP on the dirt jump frame I have just started. Turns out the top part is actually aluminium and is just pressed into a steel shaft.

Am I shit out of luck? Seems like brazing aluminium to steel is a no-go.
Sorry if it's a stupid question, done some research but I have zero knowledge of anything other than brazing.

You can't weld or braze Aluminum to Steel. You can bond them with 2-part epoxy. Most of the big brands have products specifically for bonding metal to metal.

I'd actually recommend using a Nylon (plastic) Pivotal seatpost instead of aluminum or steel though. It'll be easier to work with, and if it gets damaged or you decide to modify the frame, it'll be a lot easier to remove without damaging the seat tube.

Just be sure to get an epoxy that's made for bonding plastic to metal, and thoroughly rough up the surface of the seatpost nub with coarse grit sand paper.

Posted: Apr 10, 2020 at 4:10 Quote
Is 304 stainless strong enough for mtb frame? I'm planning to get a 50x2mm tube for down tube and 40x2 for top tube. 6060 aluminium is second option but I won't be able to heat treat it.

Posted: Apr 10, 2020 at 5:03 Quote
ghost h amr x 9.7 custom build, 29" nice and clean

Posted: Apr 10, 2020 at 5:03 Quote
wrong thread bud

Posted: Apr 10, 2020 at 8:47 Quote
przecinak wrote:
Is 304 stainless strong enough for mtb frame? I'm planning to get a 50x2mm tube for down tube and 40x2 for top tube. 6060 aluminium is second option but I won't be able to heat treat it.

Any material is strong enough if you put enough in ....304st steel is just a bit higher tensile strength than mild steel so look on it as quite a thick wall your half the strength rough figure than 4130 treated condition and still lower than 4130 in annealed condition so don't go using no 35 thou wall 2mm is probably overkill 1.6 maybe stainless steel also has a very slightly higher mass than old 4130

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010693
Mobile Version of Website