Home Made Bikes

Posted: Jul 23, 2020 at 2:09 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
Not quite sure what you mean. I enjoy reading about his findings through geometry experiments, but I don't know that a collaboration would be fruitful.

What you do with your own time is entirely yours

the iron-man arguments (and we could all say we are guilty) disguised as critical constructive comment are wearing a bit thin now though.

Posted: Jul 23, 2020 at 3:16 Quote
I'm afraid I still have no idea what you mean. We can drop it, if you like.

Posted: Jul 23, 2020 at 4:17 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
I'm afraid I still have no idea what you mean. We can drop it, if you like.

Comment wasn't directed at you just an observation on the way he operates.

Posted: Jul 23, 2020 at 4:39 Quote
That was my best guess at what you meant!

I hope my defense of the guy doesn't get tedious; I just feel if people don't get tired of bashing him, hopefully there's equal patience for a counterpoint. Yes, the attitude is off-putting, but there's interesting information amid the less savory bits.

Posted: Jul 23, 2020 at 7:20 Quote
Don't feed the troll.

Posted: Jul 23, 2020 at 10:50 Quote
Compositepro wrote:
...people that actually can do engineering work...

Mike, when you get beat in a race, you acknowledge the loss and move forward to the next. You don't throw a fit. You're upset and I understand that. You made a fixture that was a high end copy of an Arctos jig. It's really really nice. The problem is that you didn't really engineer anything. You just added some linear rails and fancy machining but it's just a copy. Mike, that's not engineering. Engineering finds simpler solutions to complex problem, solutions that are cheaper or more capable or more robust. You totally missed that even though you use a breadboard as a backdrop for all of your photos. Talk about missing the obvious. Dam.

I saw this and you didn't. I did the math and reasoned out the problem in an original way. You didn't. Don't get mad at me. I'm just the engineer.

Posted: Jul 23, 2020 at 12:06 Quote
I was at the mall yesterday while it was closing and the kernals dude had a bag like that of popcorn he was throwing out.

Guess who's sick as f*ck today?

Posted: Jul 23, 2020 at 12:13 Quote
lol lol lol Know that feel all too well!!

Posted: Jul 23, 2020 at 14:37 Quote
pvd666 wrote:
Compositepro wrote:
...people that actually can do engineering work...

Mike, when you get beat in a race, you acknowledge the loss and move forward to the next. You don't throw a fit. You're upset and I understand that. You made a fixture that was a high end copy of an Arctos jig. It's really really nice. The problem is that you didn't really engineer anything. You just added some linear rails and fancy machining but it's just a copy. Mike, that's not engineering. Engineering finds simpler solutions to complex problem, solutions that are cheaper or more capable or more robust. You totally missed that even though you use a breadboard as a backdrop for all of your photos. Talk about missing the obvious. Dam.

I saw this and you didn't. I did the math and reasoned out the problem in an original way. You didn't. Don't get mad at me. I'm just the engineer.

This is the thing you don't understand ...what an engineer is I have seen what you do and it isn't engineering in fact Someone sent me this and it’s plainly obvious you cannot do calculations https://forums..com/frame-building/bb86-30%25-stronger-than-bb30-731604.html there’s absolutely so much missing that it’s scary if you were to claim so I noticed you did the usually running away and trying to attack the people once you were outed rather than doing the free body diagram and the supporting calculations you would need. There are many examples dotted all over the www I’m now seeing as people point them out. Lol

to me you have always been an annoyance in the background that goes away once its desire for attention has been satisfied, but don't ever think you could do what I can sunshine your not talented or qualified to get through the door at some of the places. However reading some of the posts you put out the titles made me LOL you could get into anywhere that designs weapons systems its fantasy

my point is f*ck off and don't bother me again with your shitty facebook posts you were told I haven't built a thing for over two years and you are so wide of the mark with what you actually know that I'm apopletic with delight that you don't.

As for the rest I told you ages ago I don't really care either way I never claimed anything you just roll out your straw hollow or ironman arguments to keep you looking like your at the top of your game

Posted: Jul 23, 2020 at 14:38 Quote
Imagine how hard it is going through life not understanding how metaphors work. They dont teach you that in 'engineering' school. Someone needs to read some creative fiction and expand their thinking a bit.

Posted: Jul 23, 2020 at 14:42 Quote
pvd666 wrote:
Imagine how hard it is going through life not understanding how metaphors work. They dont teach you that in 'engineering' school. Someone needs to read some creative fiction and expand their thinking a bit.

Some need to get over the fact that until recently they were largely ignored.

Posted: Jul 23, 2020 at 14:43 Quote
Compositepro wrote:
This is the thing you don't understand ...

I understand exactly. You don't ride bikes. Maybe you did once years ago. You imagine that you are an engineer because of where you go to work but what you do on your own is just copy others with fancy ingredients. Yeah. I know what engineering is. You're the one that is totally confused.

Mike, try solving some problems on your own BEFORE everyone else tells you it's a problem. FFS.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018689
Mobile Version of Website