Home Made Bikes

Posted: Nov 7, 2021 at 13:37 Quote
Take my money, now. Please!

Posted: Nov 7, 2021 at 21:04 Quote
AkulaLLC wrote:
You heard it hear first! I've got something crazy in the works called the "Cowboy" - Here's a sneak peak Wink

Graphics for my E-DH FR prototype Cowboy Inception by Alexander Darovskikh AKULA LLC design carried out by artist Ali Maskuri.

Swingarm shot and core filler

3D printing setup - complete with enclosure heat recovery ventilator

[PV=https://www.pinkbike.com/video/544106/] / https://www.pinkbike.com/video/544106/

[PV=https://www.pinkbike.com/video/544105/] / https://www.pinkbike.com/video/544105/

Hawt hawt stuff. Love to see it.

Posted: Nov 24, 2021 at 12:30 Quote
So I did a @kaimbell90 and started over...

aaaaaaand .... I started over saged

aaaaaaand .... I started over

aaaaaaand .... I started over linkage

changed basically everything, from geo to suspension layout. Will start making parts this weekend!

Posted: Nov 24, 2021 at 12:38 Quote
SleepingAwake wrote:

changed basically everything, from geo to suspension layout. Will start making parts this weekend!

Well why would you do that... Don't do a me! Haha

Looks awesome, can't wait to see it's progress. What made you change the geo and kinematics?

Posted: Nov 24, 2021 at 13:10 Quote
kaimbell90 wrote:
SleepingAwake wrote:

Well why would you do that... Don't do a me! Haha

Looks awesome, can't wait to see it's progress. What made you change the geo and kinematics?
For the geo i ended up just having a change of heart and really felt the old design wasn't slack enough. Then once i started modifying one thing lead to the other...

Many little things like the pulley was based on a commencal spare part with 15 teeth. Now i changed to 16 which can be narrow/wide. Got rid of the split pivot so I can have proper size bearings and use a universal derailleur hanger. Shock is now on a short yoke to have less side loading with diy tolerances. Cable routing is soo much neater. More space for a burlier chain slap protector. Shock is much better hidden from debris and dirt. Oh and very important, the tooling will be a lot less complicated as it requires less inserts with weird negative draft angles and such.
I'm sure there was more, but can't think of it right now.

Posted: Nov 24, 2021 at 14:52 Quote
SleepingAwake wrote:

Ive gotta say I'm excited to see this thing when it is done.

Posted: Nov 24, 2021 at 17:05 Quote
That looks amazing

Posted: Nov 24, 2021 at 22:45 Quote
SleepingAwake wrote:

Very nice!

I normally just creep around here but saw this and the linkage reminded me of something I designed around 10 years ago.
I thought I'd dig through my old hard drives and managed to find a few snapshots.

Never got close to building it!

Posted: Nov 25, 2021 at 1:10 Quote
Reminds me of a devinci wilson frame

Posted: Nov 25, 2021 at 2:11 Quote
yeah very cool! The curved seat stays certainly bring a devinci wilson flair. although the wilson has the rocker link pivoting around the bottom bracket (like the norco range my bike is getting closer to with every iteration Big Grin )

Posted: Nov 25, 2021 at 6:22 Quote
SleepingAwake wrote:

holy smokes, that's amazing...!

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 13:37 Quote
Linkage fork cad

I'm still working on this. Making progress. I'm hoping to make it for my senior project next year.

Here are some practice welds:

Practice welds for linkage fork

Has anyone here tried using metal 3D printed parts and/or know where to get them cheap? I know Athertons have been using them and I was curious as to weather or not it would be cheaper to have parts machined or printed.

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 15:26 Quote
mediocrityontwowheels wrote:

Has anyone here tried using metal 3D printed parts and/or know where to get them cheap? I know Athertons have been using them and I was curious as to weather or not it would be cheaper to have parts machined or printed.

Probably cheaper to machine, but 3d printing is way cooler Smile

check out https://www.3dpbs.com/

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016392
Mobile Version of Website