close
Pinkbike is now part of Outside! As of December 3, 2021, please refer to the Outside Terms of Use and Privacy Policy which govern your use of the Pinkbike website and services.

Home Made Bikes

Posted: Dec 1, 2021 at 18:41 Quote
adm750 wrote:
joose wrote:
Shit did I say Clown? If I did that’s a serious my bad…

Having more avenues open is solid and I can’t argue with you.

Oh no....thanks man, but it was not you at all joose....! it was Mr. Smith...

Tsmith1234 wrote:
joose wrote:

Nothings impossible dude. Ask again. If they aren’t using it, buy it and repair it. Then resell for $$$

Are you guys just trolling him or are you serious?.... You may be able to find a local shop that is more affordable. Ignore the clowns that keep saying to buy a CNC

You and I were on the same page about going after something you might want regardless of it appearing well out of reach at first pass. Wink

it's all good though, just kindof a shabby thing to say about people you don't know.

Sometimes you have to come at shit from a different angle, right? Who knows, kid might get a loan and tangent off into his own CNC biz. Hobby turned job'y. That kind of thing. Never be ashamed to dream. One day you may just make it happen. Salute

edit: I agree with the sandwich artist comment too. subway ain't appreciatin', @mediocrity should be makin' it rain. Pimp

pls start a blog with inspiring messages lol

Posted: Dec 1, 2021 at 20:02 Quote
Dabroski-5 wrote:
pls start a blog with inspiring messages lol

f*ck all that Wink

Posted: Dec 1, 2021 at 21:30 Quote
adm750 wrote:
Not trolling @mediocrity at all Mr. Smith.

My family, and myself, have purchased some really expensive shit for pennies on the dollar because someone who thought they were all-knowing determined it was going to be some radical dollar amount to fix. I don't know what mediocrity is up against with that CNC. Sitting unused ?? Broken and no budget for school to repair..? f*cking thing could be brand new. What do I know...? I'm just trying to give him alternate avenues of thought for problem solving and goal reaching.

and I'll disregard the "clown" comment Wink

Not trying to start something lol, clown is a pretty innocuous term in my book. Just seemed like a couple of you guys were focusing a bit much on the path of buying a CNC which seems a lot less practical and a completely separate project versus mediocrity’s goal of getting some cycling parts made. Cheers all.

Posted: Dec 2, 2021 at 6:29 Quote
My skills are well below most people in this thread but building my next bike. Making some slow progress.
Got the shock mount finished. Now time to make a jig.

What the front triangle will look like. Still designing the rear and finishing the modelling of it.

Using 27.5" wheels with 3.0" tires. A dirt bike fork and the rear shock is from the front of a ski-doo. Basically just copying a Kona Stinky Frame for the rear-end.

Don't have a picture of the fork on my phone but I did model it. It is from a late 90's Suzuki I think.

Posted: Dec 2, 2021 at 6:44 Quote
Are you going to put an electric motor on this one?

Posted: Dec 2, 2021 at 7:00 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
Are you going to put an electric motor on this one?
This one will still be pedal powered. Will do an electric bike one day.

Posted: Dec 2, 2021 at 7:38 Quote
That’s some good modelling! Speaking of, does anyone here have some sort of contact with Rockshox? Looking for a CAD model of their Trunnion Super Deluxe air…and an explanation of which base tune I would need.

(138mm of travel; 9% constant progression. Ratios: 2.6->2.38

Posted: Dec 2, 2021 at 8:03 Quote
Can't wait for the next Laynehip special! The last one is probably one of my favorite home builds ever

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 17:28 Quote
Very bad@$$, @laynehip!

Posted: Dec 5, 2021 at 5:03 Quote
laynehip wrote:
My skills are well below most people in this thread but building my next bike. Making some slow progress.
Got the shock mount finished. Now time to make a jig.

What the front triangle will look like. Still designing the rear and finishing the modelling of it.

Using 27.5" wheels with 3.0" tires. A dirt bike fork and the rear shock is from the front of a ski-doo. Basically just copying a Kona Stinky Frame for the rear-end.

Don't have a picture of the fork on my phone but I did model it. It is from a late 90's Suzuki I think.

No really they ARE NOT dont sell yourself short

Posted: Dec 5, 2021 at 18:11 Quote
laynehip wrote:
My skills are well below most people in this thread]

Let's hold that though for just a second, at least until you've heard me out Big Grin

Have any of you guys ever thought, "you know what I'd like? I'd like to watch a guy who has almost no idea how to build bikes, build a bike." If so, you're going to be so excited when you hear this.

I've built the one frame

And since I'm a glutton for punishment, I decided to get stupid for frame number 2. Rather than building 11 more hardtails like people would have me believe I need to do, I'm gonna build a full sus for frame the second. And I'm gonna film it and put it on the internet for everyone to make fun of. No mill, no lathe, I barely have a working drill press. I coped every joint on the pink frame with an angle grinder. I don't believe that I'm particularly talented, but I'm stubborn as hell and that's worth something.

I'm not a Framebuilder (capitol F) don't want to be. I'm not selling anything. I like screwing off in the "garage", my friend likes making films. We'll do this for fun until it's not fun anymore. This definitely won't be a "how to" series more like a "why not?" series. If that sounds like something you might like to look in on, you're welcome to. I don't give a shit if you subscribe, I won't ever ask you to smash that thumbs up button. I just thought I'd throw this out there because maybe it will be something different. This first one is just a little painting and a lot of bullshitting. We're starting to build in episode 2.

Might also be worth mentioning that we'll upload as we go. This is happening in real time, I toyed with waiting to see if I could actually pull this off before I posted anything, so much for that idea. My plan might work, it might not. We can find out together.

Posted: Dec 5, 2021 at 20:18 Quote
Hey soy, you inspire me!

I look forward to future episodes. Getting some J.K. Simmons in Whiplash vibes from your colourful way with words.

Also neat to see some of the behind the scenes of that pink thing.

Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 5:31 Quote
@soywater

looks good, just make sure you maintain proper engineering practices as demonstrated: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDNg-WmWG_I

thanks for your service

Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 16:50 Quote
Fueniker wrote:
Hey soy, you inspire me!

I look forward to future episodes. Getting some J.K. Simmons in Whiplash vibes from your colourful way with words.

Also neat to see some of the behind the scenes of that pink thing.

This! getting out there and just doing it is very impressive.

Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 18:15 Quote
housem8d wrote:
@soywater

looks good, just make sure you maintain proper engineering practices as demonstrated: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDNg-WmWG_I

thanks for your service

How did you get advanced footage of episode 2?!

Thank you all for the kind words, I truly appreciate it. We'll post updates as we get them done tup

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011089
Mobile Version of Website