Tips on getting your stolen bike BACK

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Tips on getting your stolen bike BACK
Posted: Jun 22, 2012 at 9:50 Quote
I ride a very unique bike, very low production. But regardless it stays in my living room (one of the perks of being single) When I do travel with it I keep it loked on my bike rack, they could steel the whole package, but it would take time to get away. Being unique as it is, it wouldn't take long to find it!

Posted: Jun 22, 2012 at 9:51 Quote
puma001 wrote:
I ride a very unique bike, very low production. But regardless it stays in my living room (one of the perks of being single) When I do travel with it I keep it loked on my bike rack, they could steel the whole package, but it would take time to get away. Being unique as it is, it wouldn't take long to find it!

Smae thing was said about my Raleigh, total one off and unique....got stolen, never found though mate. However, I ask myself this, had it not beent aken, I'd not have the decent ride I have now..

Posted: Jun 22, 2012 at 10:47 Quote
Stormus55 wrote:
puma001 wrote:

Smae thing was said about my Raleigh, total one off and unique....got stolen, never found though mate. However, I ask myself this, had it not beent aken, I'd not have the decent ride I have now..

I ride a Sinister Gruitr, sticks out like a sore thumb, haven't seen another one like it in my area..
bike

Posted: Jun 22, 2012 at 14:07 Quote
that Sinister kinda looks like my Purple Ironhorse Warrior 4.0

Similar pivot location, very similar swing arm...though the only noticeable difference I see is you have multiple shock mountings on the swing arm...and it's all solid..where as mine has cutouts onthe swingarm above the pivot point.

People really like it, lol

Single pivots are relatively clean looking.couple people have mistaken my bike for a FS DJ frame.

But getting a biek stolen sucks, I've had 3 stolen from High School....all wal-mart bikes, but a bike was my only way to get to school...I hate kids like that.

Posted: Jun 23, 2012 at 0:42 Quote
Wal-mart bikes are the sort of bike you want for a bike to commute/lock up. Keep your good bike at home and for leisure activities only.

I'll have a retro single speed road bike as my bike for going up to town, and my better bike for just riding long distances.

Posted: Jul 7, 2012 at 4:43 Quote
I had a bmx stolen from me a while back. I'd just come back from my girlfriend at the times house and We got to mine, I needed the toilet so I went in my house leaving my bike on the front garden come back 5 minutes later my bike is gone. I didn't report it to the police because the police don't give a flying f*ck unless your bikes worth over 10 grand, so anyways I was quite devasted but a couple weeks later this event called fright night was on so I went with my very good mate and had fun with my girl her mates and on way back We went passed meadowhall (my shopping centre) and We noticed my bike was in the bike rack locked up and the pain had been scratches off, it'd just started to rust and got tacky so I phoned the police because this definitely was my bike, they asked me to wait and an officer would assist me shortly. bearing in mind this is at 12:45 in mornin so anyway I got bored and waited for 15 mins everyone's gettin inpatient so my mate decides Yano what f*ck it he jumped on the post in the bike rack and asked me to stretch the lock as far as possible so I did and what do you know it snapped I was proper happy then as I turned I noticed in the far back behind the bus shelter (Yeah this bike racks based in a bus interchange at the centre) the guy who I think stole it was watching and We shouted him and he ran. shows the courage he has. Pussy.

Posted: Jul 7, 2012 at 4:46 Quote
Glad you found your bike. But thieves are usually like that.

Posted: Jul 7, 2012 at 5:14 Quote
psyclist wrote:
Glad you found your bike. But thieves are usually like that.

Yeah i know man, not really fussed about it now though ive got a nicer bike i cant even remember where i left my old bike aha

Posted: Oct 30, 2012 at 16:39 Quote
Yeah well it's been a month and abit since she's been gone but yeah im still hopeful, anyone anywhere keep your eyes peeled, i don't think many of theses bikes where even brought into the UK..

Mod Plus
Posted: Nov 2, 2012 at 7:22 Quote
Have posted it on FB. Will keep my eyes and ears open.

Posted: Mar 30, 2013 at 12:11 Quote
has anyone ever put a GPS tracker in your frame? im considering doing that with all my bikes as i"ve had bikes stolen before

Posted: Mar 30, 2013 at 12:17 Quote
Any time you see videos of people tracking down their stolen bikes it almost always involves a GPS tracker.

Posted: Mar 30, 2013 at 12:20 Quote
trozei wrote:
Any time you see videos of people tracking down their stolen bikes it almost always involves a GPS tracker.
Or Danny Pace slapping someone.

Posted: Mar 30, 2013 at 12:20 Quote
bikejunkie88 wrote:
has anyone ever put a GPS tracker in your frame? im considering doing that with all my bikes as i"ve had bikes stolen before

Check this out. They also have a tracker disguised as a top cap.

Posted: Mar 30, 2013 at 12:52 Quote
psyclist wrote:
bikejunkie88 wrote:

Check this out. They also have a tracker disguised as a top cap.
totally getting one of those for each of my bikes! thanks so much man! those are sweet!

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.033554
Mobile Version of Website