Tips on getting your stolen bike BACK

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Tips on getting your stolen bike BACK
Posted: Aug 18, 2013 at 18:59 Quote
2010 Giant Reign 2 Black Medium stolen Aug 18 at William Griffin North Vancouver. REWARD

Posted: Aug 23, 2013 at 16:27 Quote
aj-podman wrote:
williampieroway wrote:
beef5030 wrote:
i keep mine in my room, and if someone tires to get in, i have a extremely efficent and affordable 30'06 Springfeild security system, it blows theives away.

nice. i bet over half the ppl that read this don't even know what a 30'06 is.Rolleyes

Its a sniper rifle Razz
30'06 is a rifle caliber bullet and not only used in sniper rifles a scope doesn't turn a rifle into a sniper rifle if that was the case I have a 20 g sniper shot gun

Posted: Sep 2, 2013 at 20:22 Quote
Radio controlled pipe bomb in seat post of bait bike.

Posted: Sep 14, 2013 at 6:31 Quote
Johnnybad1 wrote:
too far man, too far. at most an m80, thief will blow a nut and probably think twice about stealing a bike again!

Posted: Sep 16, 2013 at 13:54 Quote
My custom OnOne 456 Evo bike got took
from my van last nite. It had fox float and slx groupset and hope/mavic wheelset.

It was taken from Solihull area(south birmingham) so could be anywhere area the midland I'd imagine.

Posted: Sep 16, 2013 at 15:22 Quote
redline-45 wrote:
Johnnybad1 wrote:
too far man, too far. at most an m80, thief will blow a nut and probably think twice about stealing a bike again!
I wouldn't want to go down for hurting someone with a quarter stick of dynamite.

Posted: Sep 17, 2013 at 16:38 Quote
trozei wrote:
redline-45 wrote:
Johnnybad1 wrote:
I wouldn't want to go down for hurting someone with a quarter stick of dynamite.
that and it would pretty much destroy your bike

Posted: Nov 3, 2013 at 7:51 Quote
aj-podman wrote:
In another thread I saw "Check the local Pawn Shops" and I thought that'd be good to add to this. also hang around the bad area of town, where all the drugs and stuff are. you'll see A LOT of nice bikes around that area of town.

LOL So true, but I find it funny that the majority know jack shit when it comes to bikes

Posted: Nov 3, 2013 at 7:52 Quote
Johnnybad1 wrote:

Love that

Posted: Nov 3, 2013 at 7:55 Quote
Therealmatt wrote:
My custom OnOne 456 Evo bike got took
from my van last nite. It had fox float and slx groupset and hope/mavic wheelset.

It was taken from Solihull area(south birmingham) so could be anywhere area the midland I'd imagine.

I find it just pure wrong that someone would steal a bike and most of the time its just because it looks nice and dont know its true value.

Posted: Nov 3, 2013 at 7:58 Quote
JoeeeCunningham wrote:
There is some gypsies that live near me riding about on a 06 big hit withh boxxers hope hubs mavic rims all the kit but he sprayed it tan , I asked where did you get it he paused then said eBay , I asked how much he said 50 pound nervously , it kills me to know someone probably spent a fair amount of time and money on it for them to go f*ck it up , they also followed me home after and tried to take mine ! If they get your bikes you will NEVER Get them back police are scared of them

This is what I mean they don't know its true value or what its made for. Absolutely love the fact he said "uuhhm £50"

Posted: Nov 19, 2013 at 4:07 Quote
I went through the security issue with my motorbike. The best way to secure is to get an Almax chain, squire ss65 lock and a ground anchor. Ive read countless stories of unsuccessful attempts on these.
Or you could get one of these Smile

http://www.spyshop.co.uk/alarm-mine

We should cut thieves hands off.

Posted: Nov 22, 2013 at 16:57 Quote
My bike was just stolen in San Diego by the beach PB it was a new Foes 275 all black. It was locked up for 15 minuets. on the 14 Nov 2013

Posted: Feb 19, 2014 at 7:32 Quote
I had my bike stolen three times from me. I live in an area where we have a pretty high theft rate here. First time it was stolen , I was not able to recover it. I searched all over ebay and craigslist. Second time my bike got stolen (a different bike ) I was able to recover it by going to the police, filing a report and they somehow caught the thief when he was trying to sell it on a flea market(I gave the police pics of the bike and a serial number). The next day I got a bicycle insurance policy from Velosurance and in 2 months my bike that cops recovered got stolen again. THis time I was not able to get it back but at least with the police report the insurance company processed my claim and reimbursed me the cost of the bike. My advice : use better locks, U-locks preferably, stay away from chain locks.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021670
Mobile Version of Website