How do you get the most height possible on a jump?

PB Forum :: Tutorials
How do you get the most height possible on a jump?
Posted: Jul 11, 2008 at 18:41 Quote
Pyro011 wrote:
patrickrider wrote:
Boosting is when you tuck your bike up and push your arms outs in the air, so you are at the maximum possible height. Sorta like when you bunnyhop and have to tuck up and push your arms out to hop really high.

No, well mabey so if your saying the dictionary is wrong.

Maybe if you actually ride a f*cking bike and don't spend your time reading a dictionary, you would no that when you boost, you f*cking pretty much bunnyhop off the lip and suck up your bike to maximum height.

Posted: Jul 11, 2008 at 20:17 Quote
patrickrider wrote:
Pyro011 wrote:
patrickrider wrote:
Boosting is when you tuck your bike up and push your arms outs in the air, so you are at the maximum possible height. Sorta like when you bunnyhop and have to tuck up and push your arms out to hop really high.

Maybe if you actually ride a f*cking bike and don't spend your time reading a dictionary, you would no that when you boost, you f*cking pretty much bunnyhop off the lip and suck up your bike to maximum height.

thank you

Posted: Jul 11, 2008 at 20:57 Quote
patrickrider wrote:
Pyro011 wrote:
patrickrider wrote:

mabey if you werent so stupid you could read a book.

Posted: Jul 12, 2008 at 1:21 Quote
Pyro011 wrote:
patrickrider wrote:
Pyro011 wrote:

mabey if you werent so stupid you could read a book.

Mayb if you could afford a bike you would know but books are easier to get for nothing

Posted: Jul 12, 2008 at 1:48 Quote
Try going slower then you usually do over the jump then you will naturally boost/pump w/e and get more height to compensate for the lack of speed, because anyone can hit a jump faster but that’s not going to improve your jumping

Posted: Jul 12, 2008 at 2:14 Quote
Its hard to explain but basically when you go up the lip, as your front wheel gets to the top of the lip pull back hard on the bars, then like a bunny hop you lift the back wheel up as well. The shallower the lip the more effort you have to put in to it. Then when your in the air you pull the bike up close to you and forward a bit so your arms are straight and your arse is over the back wheel. Then once you've reached the high point you push the bike back into normal position and extend your legs a bit so you can land smoothly and pump for the next jump.

Posted: Jul 24, 2008 at 12:02 Quote
Bunnyhopping is the main factor lifing your front tire up then back leaving out boosting, then comes speed.

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 20:55 Quote
Lol i always hit the landing like 2 inches shorter it kinda messes me up , my friend tells me at the lip to push in ur forks and pull up so you get a boost is this rite????????Confused Confused Confused Confused

ilikemybike011 wrote:
Push your weight into the lip and jump off of it harder than just like riding off it. I don't know how to explain Confused

kind of what this guy said

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 20:59 Quote
just go at a goodd speed,it will help then compress your body and lift up your front tire when its at the lip, as you back tire to the lip throw your weight forward(NOT TO HARD)then in one motion from weight forward push your arms out and bend your knees alot....brap here you come

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 21:02 Quote
xt-shreder wrote:
just go at a goodd speed,it will help then compress your body and lift up your front tire when its at the lip, as you back tire to the lip throw your weight forward(NOT TO HARD)then in one motion from weight forward push your arms out and bend your knees alot....brap here you come

yeah im try that tomarrow............and ive gone like really fast i just always get 2 inches shorter or something like that but i do remember a long time ago when me n my friend just started i tried this jump i made then i did wat my friend does and i got twice as much air (it was a good feeling Big Grin )

O+
Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 21:09 Quote
hit it lke u would a quarter pipe with out the 180

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 21:16 Quote
ratherberidin wrote:
hit it lke u would a quarter pipe with out the 180

i wouldnt really know lol ive never hit a quarter pipe

O+
Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 21:18 Quote
well pull ur bars uber hard and push down in mid air may be go a tad faster or slower

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 21:23 Quote
ratherberidin wrote:
well pull ur bars uber hard and push down in mid air may be go a tad faster or slower

ok i think i have a pretty good idea of what to do im going to hit them tomarrow....thanks for tips guys

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 21:35 Quote
NoRcO-SaSq wrote:
what do u do to get alot of air off a jump?
Those who can, do. Those who can't coach.
So heres my chance to coach, start on a smaller jump and come in at a speed that should get you over the jump, as your front tire hits the face of the jump compress your body into the bike (you should hear a difference in the sound of your tires when you do this) as your front tire reaches the lip pull up on the bars and extend your legs pushing your wieght and efforts into the rear wheel . This will cause the front of the bike to raise faster at a steeper angle, as the bike reaches the highest point push the bars forward and tuck your legs up, this will level the bike in the air. Once the bike is level extend you arms and legs to get ready for the landing. If it looks like you are going to come up short but the front is going to clear, push the front down as it clears the tranny lip. This will usually cause the rear tire to raise just enough to clear the jump.

All of this must be done in one smooth motion and there really isnt enough time to go through it all in your head in the air so be sure to practice on smaller jumps until it comes naturally to you. I know people that can get thier tires 3-4 feet up of of a 6 inch bump, and speed isn't the answer, technic is the answer. Another tip that I have recieved is to do something with your bike while it is in the air, something like a little bar tweek, that way you are in control of your bike instead of just being along for the ride.
These are my tips but hey what do I know

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013987
Mobile Version of Website