How do you get the most height possible on a jump?

PB Forum :: Tutorials
How do you get the most height possible on a jump?
Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 23:06 Quote
daaneel wrote:
ratherberidin wrote:
well pull ur bars uber hard and push down in mid air may be go a tad faster or slower

ok i think i have a pretty good idea of what to do im going to hit them tomarrow....thanks for tips guys
Daniel you also need 2 pump when you are about to land!!!!!!!

O+
Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 23:24 Quote
pump helium into your frame and handle bars

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 23:43 Quote
ridetolivelivetoride wrote:
pump helium into your frame and handle bars
\ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm noPirate

Posted: Sep 23, 2008 at 21:11 Quote
go fast and bunny hop off the top if its possible

Posted: Aug 24, 2010 at 11:49 Quote
its simple just preload(keep low and down wen going up the take off)
then boost at the lip ( pull your body and you bike up just as you are leaving the lip
then wen in the air keep that final postion

Posted: Aug 24, 2010 at 11:52 Quote
Trailboss-Dan wrote:
Its hard to explain but basically when you go up the lip, as your front wheel gets to the top of the lip pull back hard on the bars, then like a bunny hop you lift the back wheel up as well. The shallower the lip the more effort you have to put in to it. Then when your in the air you pull the bike up close to you and forward a bit so your arms are straight and your arse is over the back wheel. Then once you've reached the high point you push the bike back into normal position and extend your legs a bit so you can land smoothly and pump for the next jump.

Smile

O+ FL
Posted: Aug 28, 2010 at 15:05 Quote
GGGGGGRRRAAAAAVVVVEDIG!!!
Guy, the last post on this thread was 2 years ago. OP's question has already been answered.
I won't say that you aren't providing good input, it's just that you are bumping a 2 year old thread.

Posted: Aug 29, 2010 at 8:37 Quote
samsq wrote:
Guy, the last post on this thread was 2 years ago. OP's question has already been answered.
I won't say that you aren't providing good input, it's just that you are bumping a 2 year old thread.

ahha true but i was bored Smile

O+
Posted: Dec 20, 2010 at 21:06 Quote
f00ddude wrote:
shankmelank1 wrote:
m47h13u wrote:
Speed, clearly.

no bro its a lot more than just that..

but f*ck does it help
yes

O+ FL
Posted: Dec 22, 2010 at 13:07 Quote
samsq wrote:

Posted: Dec 27, 2011 at 15:07 Quote
You push your bike forward near the lip of the jump.

O+ FL
Posted: Dec 27, 2011 at 15:16 Quote
samsq wrote:
samsq wrote:
HOLY CRAP HOW MANY TIMES IS THIS GOING TO HAPPEN

Posted: Feb 23, 2012 at 9:52 Quote
Personally on a bmx I find that you gotta pump the bottom of the transition and then try to manual up the ramp, you won't actually manual but it pops you high off the lip

O+ FL
Posted: Feb 24, 2012 at 20:27 Quote
samsq wrote:
samsq wrote:
samsq wrote:
HOLY CRAP HOW MANY TIMES IS THIS GOING TO HAPPEN
STOP THIS STOP THIS RIGHT NOW

Posted: Apr 16, 2012 at 10:21 Quote
Its like stretching your neck

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.053025
Mobile Version of Website