please help me choose forks

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
please help me choose forks
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jun 29, 2008 at 16:22 Quote
ok so heres my bike i need some forks around 100mm prefrebly black thats the bike they will be goin on any suggestions
photo

Posted: Jun 29, 2008 at 16:23 Quote
08 dj 2 get the black version or get a pike.

Posted: Jun 29, 2008 at 16:26 Quote
Kona--Boy wrote:
08 dj 2 get the black version or get a pike.
yh i was thinking pike because i would prefer a 20mm axel do you thin a black 426 would be ok ?

Posted: Jun 29, 2008 at 16:37 Quote
i dont no if they good ma fren got 1 its ok check out my kona 08 pic its a dj2 and it isnt a QR

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 13:42 Quote
jon m8 i think u should get some ridigts or pikes or bombeers lol
hey lol
Smile

or maybey a pair of 66s like stu is gettin for his bike

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 13:51 Quote
craig-dumpling wrote:
jon m8 i think u should get some ridigts or pikes or bombeers lol
hey lol
Smile

or maybey a pair of 66s like stu is gettin for his bike
ha u havin a laugh do u know any thin 66 :S

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 13:52 Quote
318 argyle end of thread

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 14:30 Quote
rock shock revelation 426 are great they are like mini pikes and you don't need the 20mm axle. If you really want it though id suggest the pike then get either a sun ringle a.d.d or a supra bh 32 rim for the front 20mm hub in stead of re-lacing that one

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 14:37 Quote
bigbigbike wrote:
rock shock revelation 426 are great they are like mini pikes and you don't need the 20mm axle. If you really want it though id suggest the pike then get either a sun ringle a.d.d or a supra bh 32 rim for the front 20mm hub in stead of re-lacing that one
i wouldent need 2 re lace my rim so dosent matter what size axel as i have a halo spindocter hub that can change axel sizes

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 14:50 Quote
jonjones91 wrote:
bigbigbike wrote:
i wouldent need 2 re lace my rim so dosent matter what size axel as i have a halo spindocter hub that can change axel sizes

sweet then i wouldn't worry too much the pikes will be great for you Big Grin

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 14:50 Quote
lower a fox 32 van

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 14:52 Quote
fox shocks are super plush ill give you that but unless they are air or have a motion control style to them they are way to soft and dive almost 3/4 of your travel just from hard braking

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 14:58 Quote
Its insane how so many people on this forum don't know how to type... They type some crap like cuz, some1, u, imma and other crap like that.

About 40% of the time i can't understand half of what people are saying because they can't type correctly. Is it to much to ask to just write so we can atleast understand your comments guys?

Look my english is my second language, and i try as hard as possible to write the best i can. When i see people that only speak english and write about 10 times worst than me its pretty sad to be honest.

So please do the effort to write correctly. Doesn't need to be perfect, but at least understandable. Thats all we ask for.

Back on thread;
Okay, so i say go with an argyle for this. Pikes are great, but can make a hole in your pocket. Argyle are more affordable than a Pike.

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 15:09 Quote
what do you thin the max amount of travle this bike could take any ideas ?

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 15:14 Quote
I think the lowest this frame could take is 80mm but i think that might bot be enough. I'd go more around something withh 100mm or in that range.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.023063
Mobile Version of Website