This thread for All Hondas and Nissans fan out there.

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
This thread for All Hondas and Nissans fan out there.
Posted: Jul 11, 2008 at 19:54 Quote
and nissan Wink

but ya, it will fly, but il will fly even more with a supercharger.
io appredicate the odd honda, but there is replacement for displacement

Posted: Jul 14, 2008 at 13:02 Quote
Exactly where does your experience come from? Mine comes from rallying for the past, oh, five years and interaction with Canada's top race teams.

The Subaru is more powerful and has a better engineered drivetrain than the EVO. It's also actually street legal here, unlike the EVO, aside from the X.

As for the Civic, it's the way to go with a budget FWD rally car or a cheap autocross car. It also can't be compared with the EVO.

Posted: Jul 14, 2008 at 13:33 Quote
CrankShaftYQX wrote:
Exactly where does your experience come from? Mine comes from rallying for the past, oh, five years and interaction with Canada's top race teams.

The Subaru is more powerful and has a better engineered drivetrain than the EVO. It's also actually street legal here, unlike the EVO, aside from the X.

As for the Civic, it's the way to go with a budget FWD rally car or a cheap autocross car. It also can't be compared with the EVO.

SO much has to be done to subars to get them rally ready, EVO's go from factory to track and domintate. Did you see the canadian rally chanpionships on yesterday? An EVO was first place in the snow rally.

Posted: Jul 14, 2008 at 13:58 Quote
Pyro011 wrote:
CrankShaftYQX wrote:

SO much has to be done to subars to get them rally ready, EVO's go from factory to track and domintate. Did you see the canadian rally chanpionships on yesterday? An EVO was first place in the snow rally.

No, they don't. And no, I didn't see it but I'd bet it was Andrew Comrie-Picard in the red Evo 8. Good to see him win, he doesn't have much luck in Canada and he's a good guy. But his car is nowhere near stock. Neither are the Subarus. Any open-class car is not even close to stock.

Posted: Jun 15, 2009 at 20:19 Quote
OK i was going to leave this one alone....

I cant let it go down like this though. This is going to be a long post.

There is some serious misconceptions about honda's and engine swaps and turbo's

I'll start with the tourque steer.

Yes it can be horible. I drive a civic with a mild bolt on build and it'll pull itself straight for the ditch. I also drive a 2010 ford flex at work with 265 hp FWD, and it will do the same. OK where am i going with this...right?? Here's where it changes. My car has two half shafts. One is longer than the other causing a wind up in the longer shaft hence the pull. Also i have 14 year old weak engine mounts. Having equal length half shafts, stiff mounts, and an LSD Final drive can drastically improve and minimize the torque steer effects...

My second battle... Turbos

This can cost as little as 600 bucks and go up to..?...well any amount really.

For example, you source as many junkyard/used parts as you can. Forget about building the bottom end, because you know 7 psi on a stock civic engine is fine. also ebay is your friend. So when somebody says they are turbo'd it does not mean they have spent a whole ton of cash..

On the other hand you can spend a little more cash and shoot for higher whp levels...

My friend and i built up a d16Z6 engine for a turbo

If you want to see a build thread on it...

[L=http://d-series.org/forums/forced-induction/84040-built-z6-boost-fun-8.html]
http://d-series.org/forums/forced-induction/84040-built-z6-boost-fun-8.html[/L]

And give it up...

There are some insanely fast modded civics that will walk all over your favourite car. There are also many of your favourite car that will walk all over a modded civic. So yeah in certain cases a modded civic FWD will tear up an EVO in a straight line. Think power to wheight ratio. 200 hp in a 2100 pound 1992 hatch can do wonders.

Anyways my .02

Oh and here is mine

a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v316/Norco2004/?action=view&current=P1000590.jpg" target="_blank">img src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/Norco2004/P1000590.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">/a>

a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v316/Norco2004/?action=view&current=P1000615.jpg" target="_blank">img src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/Norco2004/P1000615.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">/a>

Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 12:11 Quote
My new Z car, ask for specs, this will be my ongoing project car.
And im posting this because, datsun=nissan

I am a nissan/datsun person till I die. end of story

Posted: Jul 5, 2009 at 19:36 Quote
wait.. do acuras and infinitis count, cuz there part of honda/ nissan?

Posted: Jul 5, 2009 at 20:07 Quote
ningabison wrote:
wait.. do acuras and infinitis count, cuz there part of honda/ nissan?

yessir. They are both owned by the companies so go for it.

Posted: Jul 5, 2009 at 20:36 Quote
why is everyone so rice.

Posted: Jul 6, 2009 at 3:44 Quote
that RSX is the riciest thing i have seen the whole week

Posted: Jul 6, 2009 at 6:19 Quote
Aftermarket vertical doors= Thumbs Down

There's a couple cars around here with them and whenever I've seen them, the guys will get out of their car and leave their doors up while they do whatever they're doing. Congratulations, you attached a set of bolt-on hinges.

Posted: Jul 6, 2009 at 10:41 Quote
I had a guy open his vertical doors on his civic while driving down mainstreet in Montana, needless to say he thought he needed to impress everyone while he was driving next to a z car, so he tried and I destroyed him from the next light. I felt pretty baller until I got pulled over for not having front plates, the cop didnt give me a ticket for going 60mph in a 35. He must not have liked the rice kid and was happy I royally boned him.

Posted: Jul 6, 2009 at 13:45 Quote
pS-P-TO-D-Km wrote:
I had a guy open his vertical doors on his civic while driving down mainstreet in Montana, needless to say he thought he needed to impress everyone while he was driving next to a z car, so he tried and I destroyed him from the next light. I felt pretty baller until I got pulled over for not having front plates, the cop didnt give me a ticket for going 60mph in a 35. He must not have liked the rice kid and was happy I royally boned him.
i thought its ok not to have front plate in the US? i see a lot of cars without a front plate?

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.031367
Mobile Version of Website