What is the best Freeride and light cross country bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
What is the best Freeride and light cross country bike
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jul 1, 2008 at 11:39 Quote
What do you guys think is the best Freeride and light cross country bike

Posted: Jul 1, 2008 at 11:41 Quote
sx trail w front and rear lock out air shocks.

Posted: Jul 1, 2008 at 11:44 Quote
makripper wrote:

i like the sound of the sx trail

Posted: Jul 1, 2008 at 11:45 Quote
transition preston fr and kona coilairs and norco sixs

Posted: Jul 1, 2008 at 11:46 Quote
Norco Six is well reputed.

Posted: Feb 7, 2009 at 22:32 Quote
Blur 4x, kills it... or a reign would be good too. heckler of you want a single pivot.

Posted: Feb 7, 2009 at 22:53 Quote
Santa Cruz Nomad, older generation. New generation Nomad's are freaking lame shit.

Posted: Feb 10, 2009 at 18:41 Quote
iggz wrote:
Santa Cruz Nomad, older generation. New generation Nomad's are freaking lame shit.

Care to elaborate on this statement? I thought the new Nomads have been improved over the last? Less pedal feedback, better shock ratio, less maintenance because of improved linkage, grease ports, 1.5 head tube, etc, etc.

O+
Posted: Feb 10, 2009 at 18:59 Quote
ronny wrote:
iggz wrote:

Care to elaborate on this statement? I thought the new Nomads have been improved over the last? Less pedal feedback, less maintenance because of improved linkage, etc, etc.
ya how did they make it worse? o and also the reign x is the best

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 at 0:12 Quote
ronny wrote:
iggz wrote:

Care to elaborate on this statement? I thought the new Nomads have been improved over the last? .... 1.5 head tube, etc, etc.
1.5 headtubes are pretty pointless.

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 at 0:47 Quote
Dude I run the Norco Six One from 2007, and it handles anything I can do, which tops out at about 10 foot high drops, and it will dust any gap you want. Yet I can lock out the front, and turn up my pro pedal and go for a nice XC ride, and have no problems at all. Norco Six FTW!

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 at 2:21 Quote
Trek remedy in my humble opinion

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 at 11:09 Quote
The Ibis Mojo SL(22lbs) or an Ibis Mojo Standard(25 lbs)
5.5 in rear travel and DW-Link, the best FS design on the market. Climbs like a monkey on acid, and DH's like a dream.
Brian Lopes wins almost every event he has entered on the standard bike.
And don't let the carbon make you think it isn't sturdy. I have ridden the hell out of mine in an AM/FR discipline, and it still performs great. 14,000kms on it already, I've changed the bearings once. Most bikes would need new bearings after that much riding anyway.

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 at 11:23 Quote
MTB-MAD-MAN wrote:
makripper wrote:

i like the sound of the sx trail

a friend of mine went to the mega avalanche, and took his S-Works instead of his SX-Trail... LOL why?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012937
Mobile Version of Website