Transition Blindside for pure DH. What's your opinion?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Transition Blindside for pure DH. What's your opinion?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jul 1, 2008 at 14:03 Quote
I'm thinking to buy a Blindside frame matched with a Boxxer Team fork for DH racing. Anyone got the chance to ride that bike? Is there any owner out there who can tell how it performs in the different part of a course (rock gardens, fast corners, sharp ones, bumps and jumps, etc.) Thank you guys Wink

Posted: Jul 1, 2008 at 14:03 Quote
the bike looks perfect for downhill

Posted: Jul 1, 2008 at 14:22 Quote
nanianorcored wrote:
I'm thinking to buy a Blindside frame matched with a Boxxer Team fork for DH racing. Anyone got the chance to ride that bike? Is there any owner out there who can tell how it performs in the different part of a course (rock gardens, fast corners, sharp ones, bumps and jumps, etc.) Thank you guys Wink

i own one, i love it, ridden it at whistler only so far but it is sick, handles the rough well, nimble and easy to toss around in the gnar, and fun in the air as well. feels very stable at high speeds with the vivid and it corners quite nicley. its very reasonobly priced but it will perform as well as the rest of them, its single pivot, simple and effective

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199708 pictures of it there

Posted: Jul 1, 2008 at 17:54 Quote
Hey, you wanted me too talk about my bike so I will, It is f*ckIN Awesome, I have ridden sunday's, a-lines and RMX's, nothing compares though, this bike has the perfect head stack height with a very nice low yet large bike feel. It plows EVERYTHING in sight and I am running the floater which is great, makes it a lively bike when you are bouncing and hoping it around on trails at high speeds with the brake on most the time. Definetly an awsome bike man, I hope you enjoy whatever rig you encounter but you will be very happy with the blindside, it also manuals very well and is super stable at high speeds. And it takes large jumps and Drops like nothing, awesome rig man. Hope that helped.

Posted: Jul 1, 2008 at 17:57 Quote
I'd say no. They're not light by any means, the shock is high in the frame, which leads to a higher center of balance, they don't have a very good suspension design, and I personally don't think they look all too mint.

On the same note, you can get much nicer frames for cheaper.

Posted: Jul 1, 2008 at 18:03 Quote
Name one frame? I am not challenging you, I am just curious cause I can't think of any? And the bike squats more than a sunday and rides lighter too.

Posted: Jul 1, 2008 at 18:11 Quote
Lucky 7, for sure. 2500 for a complete bike, with a frame that's superior to a Blindside in every way.

Posted: Jul 1, 2008 at 18:13 Quote
I hope your joking, I will let you come pick up my friends snapped front triangle if you want his KHS 7, nothing better than snapping your frame off the GLC landing smoothly

Posted: Jul 1, 2008 at 18:16 Quote
I actually wouldn't mind seeing a broken one. My friend is considering getting one, but still.

As far as the Blindside goes, it's literally like a kona, as far as suspension goes. How much did you get your frame for?

Posted: Jul 1, 2008 at 18:22 Quote
715$ but I work at a shop

Posted: Jul 1, 2008 at 18:24 Quote
I REALLY suggest that you don't talk cost prices on the internet. I know shop owners that would fire for that.

That being said, retail is normally double, so about $1500?

Posted: Jul 1, 2008 at 18:25 Quote
bcroots wrote:
715$ but I work at a shop

i hate u...lol...(i'll edit the price when u do)

Posted: Jul 1, 2008 at 18:27 Quote
The price I originally saw was closer to two grand, and in that range, there's many bikes that are competitive.

Posted: Jul 1, 2008 at 18:28 Quote
hahah excuse me.... I meant to say 1715$ hehehhe, My boss doesn't care, it isn't anything new that bikes are marked up a shit load, if you don't know that than start learning, the stock price is 1545$ american with a 5.0coil

Posted: Jul 1, 2008 at 18:30 Quote
That's actually not too bad at all. Though I still don't think it's that great of a frame, doesn't sound like a bad one for the price.

Bighit would give it a run for it's money.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010408
Mobile Version of Website