Transition Blindside for pure DH. What's your opinion?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Transition Blindside for pure DH. What's your opinion?
Posted: Jul 1, 2008 at 18:32 Quote
ehh, I don't think so, this bike with a floater rides nicer than any other bike i have ridden (I have ridden a Bighit DH) with the exception of the Canfield bikes which will impress ANYONE

Posted: Jul 1, 2008 at 18:35 Quote
That's personal preference, I guess, and I'd rather not butt heads.

Posted: Jul 1, 2008 at 18:37 Quote
i am glad there is another mature soul on this site, seriously, give a canfield a try and you will find every other bike to be almost incomparable

Posted: Jul 1, 2008 at 18:38 Quote
They seem a little beefy. As far as frames go, I'm extremely satisfied with my KHS DH-200.

Posted: Jul 2, 2008 at 3:08 Quote
sherbet wrote:
I'd say no. They're not light by any means, the shock is high in the frame, which leads to a higher center of balance, they don't have a very good suspension design, and I personally don't think they look all too mint.

On the same note, you can get much nicer frames for cheaper.

I asked owners' opinion right to avoid comment based only for the frame design and geometry (which I can notice by myself). That informations are in the Transition's site and anyone can consider them good or not for every purpose. (Peace)
What I'm looking for are riding opinion of that bike, nothing to businness with data on paper.

Thak you everybody; please keep leaving your riding impressions.
Bye Wink

Posted: Jul 2, 2008 at 3:19 Quote
I guess it's Transition's DH bike. So it's made for downhill. I think that you'd have to ride it, and see what your opinions would be. I've never ridden a transition, let alone a Blindside, but if you took it for a spin and liked it, get it. If you used an XC bike for dh, many people would call you crazy, but if you're comfortable.....

Posted: Jul 2, 2008 at 3:22 Quote
exetertim wrote:
I guess it's Transition's DH bike. So it's made for downhill. I think that you'd have to ride it, and see what your opinions would be. I've never ridden a transition, let alone a Blindside, but if you took it for a spin and liked it, get it. If you used an XC bike for dh, many people would call you crazy, but if you're comfortable.....

Of course I asked only impressions on a DH setup and on DH courses. It's the title of the tread!!! I think you misaunderstood me.

Posted: Jul 2, 2008 at 3:27 Quote
nanianorcored wrote:
exetertim wrote:

Of course I asked only impressions on a DH setup and on DH courses. It's the title of the tread!!! I think you misaunderstood me.

so I did. well from the Transition website, It looks like the bike would hold up fine for all sorts of downhill. Maybe if you search for photo's of it, on here, then talk to someone that owns one. Were you thinking of getting the whole build. Or just Frame, then the Boxxers, then building the rest up?

Posted: Jul 2, 2008 at 3:29 Quote
Also...

bigquotesDH friendly geometry like a lower bottom bracket and slack headtube for railing corners at high speed

&

bigquotesbike that can handle any situation. From steep technical rocky sections to massive drops and jumps, the Blindside can do it all.

From what I can see on the Transition website, it looks like it would quite easily cope with downhill.

Posted: Jul 2, 2008 at 3:57 Quote
[Quote="exetertim]. Were you thinking of getting the whole build. Or just Frame, then the Boxxers, then building the rest up?[/Quote]

I would buy frame and fork. I have all the set-up from my Norco Shore (Diabolus crankset, EX729 wheels, Formula K18 brakes). In Italy the frame with a DHX5 shocks stands around 1450 euros (2280 USD, 1150 pounds).

Posted: Jul 2, 2008 at 4:02 Quote
nanianorcored wrote:
[Quote="exetertim]. Were you thinking of getting the whole build. Or just Frame, then the Boxxers, then building the rest up?

I would buy frame and fork. I have all the set-up from my Norco Shore (Diabolus crankset, EX729 wheels, Formula K18 brakes). In Italy the frame with a DHX5 shocks stands around 1450 euros (2280 USD, 1150 pounds).[/Quote]

that sounds like it would easily cope with downhill, but, you Italians do have some pretty harsh courses!

Posted: Jul 2, 2008 at 7:24 Quote
So hey guys!

I am a German guy , 16 years old . I bought my blindside in march and built it up on my own . its my first really dh bike . I had an univega f*cking bad xc fully before .

So , in my opinion its a really great allrounddownhill/freeride bike . It is easy to ride and feels very smooth and soft !
I sat on the demo 8 with fox 40 of a friend . it felt nice but i have to say , i liked my transitioon more. He has been downhilling in hongkong and whistler and rides since 2 years ... and i have to say , that i could hold up with him while riding in a train with my transition . i easyliy drop 1,5 m with that bike!

Buy the transirition Blindeside!
This is my.
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://fotos.mtb-news.de/img/photos/7/7/9/1/1/_/large/DSC00927.JPG
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://img-a5.pe.imagevz.net/photo6/4e/d3/b74f202467b500c11acb44113f4d/6-784baa144581bbb85318f3e1689ca9e7.jpg

Posted: Jul 2, 2008 at 8:13 Quote
sherbet wrote:
I'd say no. They're not light by any means, the shock is high in the frame, which leads to a higher center of balance, they don't have a very good suspension design, and I personally don't think they look all too mint.

On the same note, you can get much nicer frames for cheaper.

your a mod so i though you would have some knowledge.

look at my build, link is in my post on the first page, it wieghs 38lb. tell me what is wieght weenie on my bike? nothing. you could argue the i9 wheels are, but other than that, nothing. i built it to 38 not even trying. you could say i have biased reviews because i ride for transition, but that isnt the case. ive owned a sunday, dhr, swd, blindside and 7 point. and ive had ample dh bike time on an m3, rotec, socom, and a little on the new m6. i can say the blindside does perform well, and its suspension is a single pivot so i dont see how its not good, that means all single pivots are bad?

1500 for a dh frame is also one of the cheapest out there.

im not trying to argue, but if you dont have ride time dont bitch about it. the looks, well thats all preference, i dont think it looks too great compared to my old dhr or sunday either but it rides great. i wouldnt mind it being a little lower and a degree or 2 slacker, but that boils to personal rider preferences as well.

Posted: Jul 2, 2008 at 10:02 Quote
I was adding in another point of view, as all other points up until mine were about how good it was. Just my 2 cents as it were.

As for single pivot, it doesn't brake well at all, though it can be remedied with a floating brake attachment. On the same note, I personally like how many single pivot bikes track the terrain through their travel.

Posted: Jul 2, 2008 at 12:10 Quote
i just got my blindside about a month ago. it rides really plush and can take anything you throw at it. i got mine down to 38 pounds and its really strong. you just have to spend the money ):

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012498
Mobile Version of Website