Demo 8

Posted: Nov 16, 2013 at 11:10 Quote
Fellas,

I have a 2012 Demo, Troy Lee Designs model. In good condition, wanna sell it with CCDB, Ti spring, Headset and Fox 40 adapter kit. What kind of price do you think is acceptable?

Posted: Nov 16, 2013 at 14:31 Quote
my best suggestion would be to do some research and have a look at what prices other people are selling similar for. recent year demos are considered pretty top-line frames, so it wouldnt be unreasonable to consider other top of the range frames during your research. obviously adjust prices up/down depending on condition...
remember that where, when, and how you sell (i.e. whether the advert is on ebay) etc will make a difference to how much you can ask for.

Posted: Nov 16, 2013 at 15:50 Quote
Murphys-law-kills wrote:
Fellas,

I have a 2012 Demo, Troy Lee Designs model. In good condition, wanna sell it with CCDB, Ti spring, Headset and Fox 40 adapter kit. What kind of price do you think is acceptable?

I will give you $3.50....

What size btw?

Posted: Nov 16, 2013 at 16:34 Quote
crohnsy wrote:
Murphys-law-kills wrote:
Fellas,

I will give you $3.50....

What size btw?

Lolz. It's a large.

Posted: Nov 17, 2013 at 12:30 Quote
Another annoying question, what are the ISG tabs on and 07 demo 8?

Posted: Nov 27, 2013 at 6:07 Quote
alright guys, got my demo 8 and am building it up. having an issue with the rear wheel, it's not fitting the frame straight, when bolted in its bias to one side. anyone know what the issue is? it's an 07 demo 8. also is the rear triangle meant to be symmetrical? are all the tubes meant to be the same shape, on each side, I know some makes gave the rear triangle separate tubes on each side. cheers

Posted: Nov 27, 2013 at 6:59 Quote
Needs a 6mm offset dishing on the wheel m8

rear triangle is not symmetrical

steve3265 wrote:
alright guys, got my demo 8 and am building it up. having an issue with the rear wheel, it's not fitting the frame straight, when bolted in its bias to one side. anyone know what the issue is? it's an 07 demo 8. also is the rear triangle meant to be symmetrical? are all the tubes meant to be the same shape, on each side, I know some makes gave the rear triangle separate tubes on each side. cheers

Posted: Nov 29, 2013 at 10:47 Quote
Hi there, has anyone been able, to ride their Demo 2012 - onwards (alu versions) with a Fox40 without having the annoying problem of the crowns hitting the frame?

I have tried the Cane Creek external Cup (12mm stack height), a friend has tried the Chris King External Cup (14.9mm stack height) and they dont help the lower crown on the 40 still hits the frame.

I was just about to order the Acros EC (14.2mm stack height), but since the King has a bit more height and still hits... I am wondering, if there is truly a solution to this?

Posted: Nov 29, 2013 at 20:34 Quote
Isn't there custom bumper that Specialized provides for the 40??

Posted: Dec 1, 2013 at 8:04 Quote
Yes. There is a spacer you place under the crown race, and bumpers that sit flush on top of the lower crowns, that cover the top 'corner' and stop it striking the frame.

If you cannot get hold of these the ODI fork bumpers work just as well.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.024762
Mobile Version of Website