Freecoaster Thread *Everything you need to know* Questions Welcome

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Freecoaster Thread *Everything you need to know* Questions Welcome
Posted: Jul 11, 2013 at 0:40 Quote
So it's a gearbox. I'd be interested to see what's on the inside.

Posted: Jul 11, 2013 at 1:57 Quote
I was hoping they would show the internals as well.

Posted: Jul 12, 2013 at 10:41 Quote
Hey hey hey. I got my free coaster the other day. And i was wondering if i should use more or less slack? I mean obviously its how it feels tp me but what are your guys' preferences and experiences with slack? I have like 1/8th of a turn before it engages. Thanks for any help guys

Posted: Jul 12, 2013 at 10:56 Quote
Full slack or it's pointless in my opinion. Having it engage on you sucks and there should be no reason to use pedal pressure with a coaster.

Posted: Jul 12, 2013 at 12:10 Quote
When I first got my coaster, I started with any slack because I wasn't used to going forward and I would hit my knee on the stem. I casually worked my way up to more and more over about a months span and then rode full slack for 2 years. Majority of coaster riders prefer full slack with the acceptation Harry.

Posted: Jul 12, 2013 at 12:13 Quote
Alright thanks guys.

Posted: Jul 12, 2013 at 14:26 Quote
justins right, you wanna use full slack otherwise you might aswell stick with a cassette

Posted: Jul 12, 2013 at 16:26 Quote
I found I used a little less than full slack for a while but experienced random engagement when coasting. Took my adjustable slack pin out and left it for the past 6-7 months

Posted: Jul 12, 2013 at 16:35 Quote
So it's basically the mist slack you can have? lol
I was tempted to take mine out too but I wasn't sure if the pin was a necessity to the coaster or not.

Posted: Jul 12, 2013 at 20:24 Quote
Alright ill try it guys. And after an actual day of riding (with a bum knee) i have half cabs dialed and they look good(stoked on that :lolSmile and also got my hops well in fakie good too. Hopped down a two star. Is sketchy though. Also did any one else find that you need to get gturns 180° exactly? I kinda cheated on a cassette and landed 160° and fakie but on here i can't. Also got used to the gap easily. People said they smashed there knee and flipped otb but i never did.

Posted: Jul 13, 2013 at 0:42 Quote
just got myself a v3 federal and was wondering if anyone could link me to the washers to addjust the slack, perferbly a uk site? or an alternative?

Posted: Jul 13, 2013 at 9:02 Quote
Did you not get any of washers with your freecoaster?

Posted: Jul 13, 2013 at 20:15 Quote
Making the second version of my hub guard for my federal v3 , am i alright to have it replace the cone nut as well as the none driveside spacer? Without being threaded .

Posted: Jul 13, 2013 at 22:14 Quote
I wouldn't trust it without the locknut, maybe make a guard that replaces the spacer but have it bored out to fit the locknut outside?

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007022
Mobile Version of Website