Hope moto v2 vs Avid codes limited edition white

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Hope moto v2 vs Avid codes limited edition white
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jul 4, 2008 at 0:12 Quote
i like both brakes but just wondering what set would you get

Posted: Jul 4, 2008 at 0:21 Quote
Had both.

Hopes every time, so much better than codes.

Hopes have beastly power, nice lever feel, modulate well and are more beefy than Codes.
Codes are alright.. powerful and modulate but are so noisy and are very fragile.

Posted: Jul 4, 2008 at 0:25 Quote
STP-Matt wrote:
Had both.

Hopes have beastly power, nice lever feel, modulate well and are more beefy than Codes.
Codes are alright.. powerful and modulate but are so noisy and are very fragile.

yh but the problem here is that ive heard that some hope leak, does any1 hav that problem with the v2s ?

Posted: Jul 4, 2008 at 0:30 Quote
No problems so far.
Been used for half a year,

Hope really have it Dialed this year, very little problems that were associated with them from previous years
Very very good brakes now.

Posted: Jul 4, 2008 at 0:31 Quote
stevendh wrote:
STP-Matt wrote:
Had both.

yh but the problem here is that ive heard that some hope leak, does any1 hav that problem with the v2s ?

yeah does happen but then their warranty service is next to none. my m4's were leaking out of every orifice after 2 weeks in france and for 45 squid the fixed everything, added in phenolic pistons new pads spring cable. so go for the hope

Posted: Jul 4, 2008 at 0:33 Quote
stevendh wrote:
STP-Matt wrote:
Had both.

I've been running the V2s for a year now with no leaks. Power is awesome, it's allways there when I need it. Codes are propably allright, but I've got no experience of them.

Posted: Jul 4, 2008 at 0:37 Quote
ok cheers guys for the help oh are the v2s 2 pot piston if so what is the comparrison compared to say hayes or juicys cus they are 2 pot aswell

Posted: Jul 4, 2008 at 0:38 Quote
From a Canadian Shop perspective i would recommend the Code
Reasons
-Price
-Easy to get Parts
-Lots of aftermarkets kits
-Tons modulated of Power

I have friends with hope brakes and it always seems to be good or bad. I'm not sure how readily Hope parts are available where you are but the are hard to come by around myself even getting a set of pads seems to be a ordeal

Posted: Jul 4, 2008 at 0:41 Quote
strider wrote:
Reasons
-Price
-Easy to get Parts
-Tons modulated of Power

I have friends with hope brakes and it always seems to be good or bad. I'm not sure how readily Hope parts are available where you are but the are hard to come by around myself even getting a set of pads seems to be a ordeal

You live in Canada..
We live in the UK.. Hope parts are easier to come by than Avid parts here.

The Hopes have more power than Hayes, and tons more power than the Juicys.

Posted: Jul 4, 2008 at 0:42 Quote
stevendh wrote:
ok cheers guys for the help oh are the v2s 2 pot piston if so what is the comparrison compared to say hayes or juicys cus they are 2 pot aswell

Yes they are 2 pot. I would not compare them to Hayes, at least not to HFX-9s. They are no even close when it comes to quality or power. I have Juicy 5s on my trailbike and they are good for the money. But I think there aren't many better brakes than the V2s. Go for them.

Posted: Jul 4, 2008 at 0:52 Quote
STP-Matt wrote:
strider wrote:
Reasons
-Price
-Easy to get Parts
-Tons modulated of Power

You live in Canada..
We live in the UK.. Hope parts are easier to come by than Avid parts here.

The Hopes have more power than Hayes, and tons more power than the Juicys.

Hence the " Canadian Shop perspective "
Love both Brakes but the Avid takes the cake here across the pond

Posted: Nov 11, 2009 at 9:07 Quote
right i'm after some hope moto's and i don't like the levers they come with, i still love my mini levers on my m4's.

i can run these levers on moto calipers can't i? all the lever does is displace fluid into the hose and the cylinder is the same size on all.

i know you can put juicy ultimate levers on codes, just wondering if anyone's tried with hope

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010515
Mobile Version of Website