What is your favourite STREET/DJ fork?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
What is your favourite STREET/DJ fork?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jul 4, 2008 at 5:28 Quote
Hey Guys, I just want to know what your favourite street/dj fork is. It can be rigid or suspension. Just want to see what you guys like! For me personally, I know it's not the best fork but I love my buddys 2007 dirtjam comp. I love it soo much actually I'm saving for one right now! So ya, post your fav fork!

Posted: Jul 4, 2008 at 5:41 Quote
Manitou Gold Label

judging by the fact that you like the dirt jam comp im guessing you haven't ridden many. that fork is just a cheap OEM fork that comes on less expensive bikes, you cant even buy one after market there so cheap

Posted: Jul 4, 2008 at 5:46 Quote
2 of my friends have one, well one decided on going rigid but I rode their bikes a lot and I really liked the feel of them.

Posted: Jul 4, 2008 at 5:48 Quote
i meant you haven't ridden many different forks, not dirt jam comps. try riding a gold label, DJ 1, argyle and even a pike then go back the the comps, you'll cringe

Posted: Jul 4, 2008 at 5:50 Quote
ok ok. I'm also pretty young so money is an issue, thats another reason why I'm liking them.

Posted: Jul 4, 2008 at 6:10 Quote
Rigid.
its the only way to go.

Posted: Jul 4, 2008 at 6:12 Quote
i really like the argyle 409's.

Posted: Jul 4, 2008 at 6:29 Quote
i like my dirt jumper 4's

Posted: Jul 4, 2008 at 6:30 Quote
a pair of white fox forks

O+
Posted: Jul 4, 2008 at 6:32 Quote
argyles are awesome street forks... they're uber stiff and are completely idiot proof to both adjust and maintain...

Posted: Jul 4, 2008 at 6:35 Quote
i dont see why you want uber stiff forks

O+
Posted: Jul 4, 2008 at 6:45 Quote
having a plush fork for dirt jumping licks balls... when you get into the curve of the jump at high speed, the fork begins to preload under the g-force... then when you get off the lip of the jump, it rebounds back to full extension and it throws off your initial jump trajectory... the less a fork compresses during the initial take-off, the bigger and better your jumps will be

Posted: Jul 4, 2008 at 6:50 Quote
hmm good point but wen you land i normally hurt my wrists with stiff forks so thats why i like um butter soft

O+
Posted: Jul 4, 2008 at 7:01 Quote
try and find a compromise... not too stiff, not too soft... you'll have way more fun... another reason i love the argyle... the top and bottom compression settings are quite a contrast to one another...

Posted: Jul 4, 2008 at 7:05 Quote
ive got marzochi dirt jumper 3 there alright they do the job the air has been totally taken out and the coil spring has been losend a tad but is there sumething i can do with the bottom bit of the forks

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010986
Mobile Version of Website