Beginner bike tricks
  • Previous Page
Posted: Oct 19, 2007 at 16:54 Quote
Hey guys
i know you guys can probably do these
what are some of the other trick that are easy to do
but fun
and will build skills
im just trying to teach my friend some tricks.

trackstand
Catwalk
Bunnyhop up curb or 1 foot object
Manual

O+ FL
Posted: Oct 19, 2007 at 16:57 Quote
roll back
one hand
one foot
endo

Posted: Oct 19, 2007 at 17:01 Quote
If they're riding a hardtail or BMX, I suggest finding a jumpbox and try the following:

X-up
No footer

When the no footer is dialed (actually it doesn't have to be) just start jumping to the side of your bike and eventually you will have learned the No Footed Can-Can.

Posted: Oct 19, 2007 at 17:05 Quote
i cant get the cat walk down...and a track stand is where u lean back and do a wheelie right??...i dont know wut u call those...im working on a t-whip...can anybody give me some pointers?

Posted: Oct 19, 2007 at 17:11 Quote
Footjam tailwhip or the real deal tailwhip? On both, commitment is the key. Trackstand is when you stay still on a spot balancing both feet on the pedals. I suggest not even learning catwalk, it looks ugly and it sucks Big Grin Standing while in a wheelie.

Posted: Oct 19, 2007 at 17:21 Quote
vpsatomik wrote:
i cant get the cat walk down...and a track stand is where u lean back and do a wheelie right??...i dont know wut u call those...im working on a t-whip...can anybody give me some pointers?

a track stand is just basically standing on your bike without rolling everywhere. great for learning how to balance on your bike.

are you learning tail whips or just whips? cause people call regular whip 'tail whips' cause they are whipping out the tail of your bike, even though a tail whip is a full rotation of your bike underneath you while you hold onto the handle bars.

once your friend gets roll back, 180s are good to learn and really give you a feel for maneuvering your bike in the air (learning spins for me made my whips like 2 or 3 times better then before i knew how to spin)

also half cabs, once he has 180s and roll backs down

Posted: Oct 20, 2007 at 12:52 Quote
ya...im working on the regular whip....i need some pointers...i cant really do it..i have the general idea...but doing it is where i screw up...

Posted: Oct 20, 2007 at 14:22 Quote
rolling barspin (on the ground)
just learn them on grass or something like i did. pinch the seat with your knees, pop the front end up, when the front end reaches as high as it will go spin the bars and catch them, this trick took me 5 minutes to learnBeer

Posted: Oct 20, 2007 at 14:33 Quote
anyone have any tips on 1 handers and whips? i want to learn so bad

Posted: Oct 20, 2007 at 14:43 Quote
manuals are hard there no a begineer move

Posted: Oct 20, 2007 at 14:48 Quote
i know for alot of beginners taking your hand off while in the air seems hard. it was for me to. but you just gotta go for it. the longer you try and dont do it, the harder it gets each time. also when yu do finally get them off, have a destination for them, like out to the side or to your chest. its a lot easier this way.

Posted: Oct 20, 2007 at 14:55 Quote
ive been trying the manuals at the moment and its harder than i thought but slowly getting there.

Posted: Oct 23, 2007 at 15:20 Quote
so i should learn how to do 180's ?
im just kinda looking for a few tricks to start learning seeing as i have never touched a bmx bike hahaha

Posted: Oct 23, 2007 at 15:21 Quote
Just try and learn all the tricks people have mentioned but you will never get them straight away so you need to stick at them Smile

Posted: Oct 23, 2007 at 15:25 Quote
is there any way you could compile a list of the ones i should learn off the get go?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.091594
Mobile Version of Website