it's my choice to have a helmet or not

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
it's my choice to have a helmet or not
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 2:23 Quote
well i've got pics of me jumping helmetless, why is everyone saying get a helmet on? surely it's up to me if i want a helmet on or not

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 2:35 Quote
It's up to you if you want to listen to everyone telling you to wear a helmet but just ask yourself why they are telling you that.

photo

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 3:18 Quote
yer u really should if u sticker them up they look pretty cool

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 3:29 Quote
Unfortunately you show your age with this topic. You're 12, you've got the "it'll never happen to me" attitude.

My girlfriend works in the local hospital and sees lots of youngsters with head injuries which could have been avoided with a £20 helmet. Some of these injuries have lead to brain damage, which has affected their whole lives. Some can't walk properly any more, and with damage like that you'll never be able to ride again.

The other side of the coin, which you'll not appreciate is how much it costs the NHS to patch those kids up and get them better. The bill runs into tens of thousands of pounds. Money that you parents have put towards from their earnings. Wouldn't you rather see that money being spent better stuff?

Seriously, invest in a lid, once you ride with it for a while you'll forget it's even there.

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 3:35 Quote
ultimately its your choice, you have the freedom to wear one or not. youre a dick if you dont however.
if someone came to my jumps and rode withought a helmet id find it a little disrespectful to be honest.
look at the photo above and people like toby forte who have crashed withought helmets, ive witnessed people being saved by their helmets loads. just because bmx emo whores think their to cool for helmets doesnt mean you should copy.
And the people who pay their taxes for the NHS are gonna have to pay if you have an injury. its insulting to people who are paying for everyone to get free healthcare if you cant even wear a helmet which could save you from needing brain surgery

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 3:48 Quote
there are so many threads about not wearing helments Madder
if you dont want to then dont

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 4:02 Quote
ma bro fractured his skull and bruised his brain with a helmet on and allwys did and allways will still wear 1 what would of happend if he dident

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 4:16 Quote
jazmx82 wrote:
ma bro fractured his skull and bruised his brain with a helmet on and allwys did and allways will still wear 1 what would of happend if he dident

His spelling would have got worse? Razz

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 4:18 Quote
sixtyten wrote:
jazmx82 wrote:

leave me alone i go 2 school in johnstone

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 4:28 Quote
jazmx82 wrote:
sixtyten wrote:
jazmx82 wrote:

Just messing dude... Big Grin

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 4:33 Quote
sixtyten wrote:
jazmx82 wrote:
sixtyten wrote:

Just messing dude... Big Grin
nea danger power ranger Cool

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 7:05 Quote
If you don't want to wear a helmet, dont wear one, simple as that, you didn't need to post up a whole thread about people telling you to wear them because they have more sense than you.

Just dont post a new thread about your wheelchair when you crash and get brain damage.

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 7:08 Quote
exetertim wrote:
If you don't want to wear a helmet, dont wear one, simple as that, you didn't need to post up a whole thread about people telling you to wear them because they have more sense than you.

Just dont post a new thread about your wheelchair when you crash and get brain damage.
haha, epic response tup

i wear a helmet, i think its cool. plus it keeps the sweat and stuff of your face. it beats brain damage too..

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 7:21 Quote
dmrlover wrote:
well i've got pics of me jumping helmetless, why is everyone saying get a helmet on? surely it's up to me if i want a helmet on or not

You have yet to work. Therefore you have yet to pay taxes. In turn you have yet to contribute to the fact that most people don't have enough insurance to cover their stupid injuries. Who's pocket does it come out of? That's right. The taxpayer. So, unless you are rich or your parents have the best insurance in the world, people like you that get hurt make the tax rates go up to cover the hospitals expences. So, surely it shouldn't be up to you if the rest of us have to pay for it ultimately. SO, PUT ON A HELMET! Just my .02

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 7:25 Quote
Burga wrote:
dmrlover wrote:

You have yet to work. Therefore you have yet to pay taxes. In turn you have yet to contribute to the fact that most people don't have enough insurance to cover their stupid injuries. Who's pocket does it come out of? That's right. The taxpayer. So, unless you are rich or your parents have the best insurance in the world, people like you that get hurt make the tax rates go up to cover the hospitals expences. So, surely it shouldn't be up to you if the rest of us have to pay for it ultimately. SO, PUT ON A HELMET! Just my .02

tup but we don't have Health insurance here in the UK, all of our health service is provided by the government, paid for by the Tax Payer. But I actually think that an insurance funded health service would actually be better than a Tax funded one. It would encourage people to be more healthy and take care of themselves more.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011356
Mobile Version of Website