it's my choice to have a helmet or not

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
it's my choice to have a helmet or not
Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 13:26 Quote
jac114 wrote:
my 11 yo boy kept moaning because as a good parent I kept telling him to wear his helmet we got him (and yes he choose it so it wasnt exactly a barbie lid) got the usual groans "ahh but dad " anyway he came in a bit shock up after racing around..his mate jumped the kerb and fell in front of him.. he slammed on the brakes and went over the handlebars.. he now has 3 holes in the front of his helmet where he headbutted his mates peddles.. and the pins.. strange i dont have to nag him now he automatically puts it on.. I am just glad he learnt the lesson with it on and not with 3 holes in his head...

so yes its up to you..just remember you can turn back time if ssomething bad happens without a lid..

you mean you cant right?

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 13:27 Quote
just put on a brain bucket and suck it up. i used to think like you (this was like 6 years ago when i was 12 mind you) until i split the back of my head wide open f*cking up a jump. i got a concussion to boot and i still get massive headaches everyonce and a while. i probably would have been fine if i had been wearing a lid...point made.Helmet

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 13:40 Quote
nlitworld wrote:
exetertim wrote:
I actually think that an insurance funded health service would actually be better than a Tax funded one. It would encourage people to be more healthy and take care of themselves more.

Haha, and the U.S. is a good example of that one.

And as for the helmet issue, if the kid doesn't want to wear one, it's only him that will look retarded.

Ya ever seen Sicko? And the US is so healthy because of their private healthcare... having what the highest obiesity rates in the world? Its a lifestyle choice, just like wearing a helmet while riding lol.

Get a sick looking one and you'll even want to show it off.

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 14:41 Quote
valtra wrote:
The US is so healthy because of their private healthcare... having what the highest obiesity rates in the world.

Exactly my point. People take things like health care for granted. And even our health care system is really messed up, with a huge portion of people without health insurance and those with it pay out the ass for crap coverage. No bueno. Complaining over. Back to topic.

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 14:45 Quote
just wair a helmet

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 14:53 Quote
dmrlover wrote:
well i've got pics of me jumping helmetless, why is everyone saying get a helmet on? surely it's up to me if i want a helmet on or not

Depending on your age, If your under 18 its the law to wear a helmet, maybe thats only in canada, but you'd still be an idiot to not wear a helmet, like why take the chance is how I see it.

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 17:26 Quote
lets just put it this way you fall n bust your head u tell mom she calls cops or city they level the jumps or get rid of the trail.... that happend at one of my local trails braindamage is going to be the least of your worriesJailbreak Madder

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 18:13 Quote
DHdemoliton wrote:
lets just put it this way you fall n bust your head u tell mom she calls cops or city they level the jumps or get rid of the trail.... that happend at one of my local trails braindamage is going to be the least of your worriesJailbreak Madder

Technically, brain damage wouldn't be his worry, since he would have no brain activity and be kept alive by electronics hooked to his heart and lungs. Pretty sweet deal if you're too lazy to do chores.

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 18:24 Quote
I dont ride a helmet for one reason, I cant afford it right now. Whenever I really want to do something that Im not sure I could land then I will ask others for their helmet, but for just regular riding I dont need a helmet(regular to me is riding up and down the street). Im saving up for a helmet right now but not sure what I want. I ride a lot of street dirt jumps so I want a pisspot but my local spot is turning into a really sick freeride spot with 3-10 fott drops, skinnys, and their making super booters.

I need help on this one, shouuld I go for a pisspot like a Fox Transition or a cheap full face like a Bell BalisticVery confused

EDIT: Ive been begging my dad for a helmet for soo long but all he says is that he would worry about that when I fall, and when he pulls out the-your grades are too low- excuse, then I tell him that with brain damage they might be a bit lower.

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 18:27 Quote
dont ride unless you got a helmet my step brother was just riding down the road and some taxi driver hits him he flies off his bike then hits a telephone pole of course he wasnt wearing a helmet hits the pole and bam he's dead just like that so wear a helmet you idiot the doctors said a simple helmet would have saved his life

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 18:32 Quote
Okay, I get what your saying, but I ride on the sidewalk and...f*ck there is no way to say this pollitly, WHO GIVES A f*ck WHAT I WANT TO DO WITH MY LIFE!!! HOLY SHIT I SO f*ckING PISSED OFF WHEN PEOPLE BRING THIS SHIT UP!!! Finally, I said what I wanted to, I just get soo mad when people come up to me when I ride and start having a fit about how Im not wearing a helmet, it usually ends up with them getting a punch in the face and I ride away feeling better.

An by the way, whenever a TAXI honks at me I yell at him till he says sorry, I just hate themso much.

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 20:03 Quote
rokor wrote:
Okay, I get what your saying, but I ride on the sidewalk and...f*ck there is no way to say this pollitly, WHO GIVES A f*ck WHAT I WANT TO DO WITH MY LIFE!!! HOLY SHIT I SO f*ckING PISSED OFF WHEN PEOPLE BRING THIS SHIT UP!!! Finally, I said what I wanted to, I just get soo mad when people come up to me when I ride and start having a fit about how Im not wearing a helmet, it usually ends up with them getting a punch in the face and I ride away feeling better.

An by the way, whenever a TAXI honks at me I yell at him till he says sorry, I just hate themso much.

well if you get brained on the sidewalk or on the road i dun care that much the'll just scoop you up with a shovel just dont come anywhere near any good jumps or trails without a helmet

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 20:13 Quote
rokor wrote:

Sounds like someone had an accident already. See kids this is why you wear your helmets so you won't become a brain dead loser who doesn't think before he speaks. Hopefully he won't forget to take his meds before he rides off to the library to post a comment like this again. And hey tough guy, I bet half the people on here would beat the f*ck out of your skinny white ass if you punched them in the face.

Posted: Jul 6, 2008 at 2:17 Quote
tvsucksrideyourbike wrote:
rokor wrote:

Sounds like someone had an accident already. See kids this is why you wear your helmets so you won't become a brain dead loser who doesn't think before he speaks. Hopefully he won't forget to take his meds before he rides off to the library to post a comment like this again. And hey tough guy, I bet half the people on here would beat the f*ck out of your skinny white ass if you punched them in the face.
innit how f*ckin olds this kid you can talk the talk when you are in the safety off your home you wouldnt say any of this to the people on here face to face you f*ckin pussy, you sound like some lunatic you need restarining and putting in a straight jacket and taking back to a mental assylum you f*ckin c*nt

Posted: Jul 6, 2008 at 3:13 Quote
rokor wrote:

Lol, coming from a 13 year old.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012375
Mobile Version of Website