Is anyone else as pissed off as I am?

PB Forum :: Social / Political Issues
Is anyone else as pissed off as I am?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jul 5, 2008 at 9:45 Quote
Is anyone else as pissed off as I am that mountain bikers get totally overlooked?
Like, a few years ago we got a big skatepark in our town, last year we got a two
million dollar
asto-turf field, and what have the mountain bikers gotten? Only
a grant allowing house companies to put houses where our local trails are.
Do you know what that is? It's bullshit and I'm a mad panda about it!

Posted: Jul 7, 2008 at 15:43 Quote
I assume since you are bitching about this, you are very active with your local land management and parks departments right? Been going to meetings, doing trail work (that benefits everyone, not just riders) on LEGAL trails. Organizing trail clean-up days, fund raisers, meet and greet get to know you type meetings between the various trail users. You know doing something aside from bitching about not getting what you want.

Posted: Jul 8, 2008 at 21:06 Quote
No? None of that?

Posted: Jul 12, 2008 at 22:03 Quote
vancouver-bound wrote:
*cough*
The sound of the wind blowing

Posted: Sep 9, 2008 at 18:08 Quote
it makes me laugh you think mountain bikers are being over looked in BC come to ontario and ull see

Posted: Sep 21, 2008 at 14:59 Quote
kuba466108 wrote:
it makes me laugh you think mountain bikers are being over looked in BC come to ontario and ull see
+1 Atleast you got mountains to build in Abbotsford, I'm pretty much giving up on dh here, so hopeless considering their is nowhere to ride.

Posted: Sep 21, 2008 at 17:42 Quote
kuba466108 wrote:

BAHAHAHA this guy is from BC? Get some perspective man. They practically wipe your ass for you over there compared to what we get. Don't kid yourself either, mountain bikers are definately a minority, you are not going to get anything close to the amount of support the mainstream sports get.

Posted: Nov 12, 2008 at 9:00 Quote
Cant build houses if they cant get to the land... dig a fat as hell ditch around your trails so they can't get to them and if they fill it in dig it again.

Posted: Nov 13, 2008 at 15:48 Quote
FriedRys wrote:
I assume since you are bitching about this, you are very active with your local land management and parks departments right? Been going to meetings, doing trail work (that benefits everyone, not just riders) on LEGAL trails. Organizing trail clean-up days, fund raisers, meet and greet get to know you type meetings between the various trail users. You know doing something aside from bitching about not getting what you want.

Someone speaks the truth.

Posted: Jan 3, 2009 at 11:00 Quote
Yes, because i can REALLY imagine all the footballers getting together, going to meetings etc to get an astro turf...

Posted: Jan 3, 2009 at 12:50 Quote
TommahawkBike wrote:
Yes, because i can REALLY imagine all the footballers getting together, going to meetings etc to get an astro turf...

That's pretty weak. Where do you think all the fees and such when you register go. They go to an entire organizing body. What do you think those people do? Have meetings, get government sponsorships, get land grants and building approvals. That's what they do.

Posted: Jan 3, 2009 at 12:56 Quote
cohenp wrote:
TommahawkBike wrote:

That's pretty weak. Where do you think all the fees and such when you register go. They go to an entire organizing body. What do you think those people do? Have meetings, get government sponsorships, get land grants and building approvals. That's what they do.

I would imagine it would go to pitch maintenance, hiring staff, and equipment and such.

Posted: Jan 3, 2009 at 12:57 Quote
TommahawkBike wrote:
cohenp wrote:
TommahawkBike wrote:

I would imagine it would go to pitch maintenance, hiring staff, and equipment and such.

And the organizing body. Your coach doesn't hire all the staff and order equipment and maintain the grounds. Someone has to do it. Guess who?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013430
Mobile Version of Website