Free running thread

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Free running thread
| Next Page
Posted: Apr 7, 2009 at 1:21 Quote
gibson19 wrote:
itamarbmx4life wrote:
I realize this is a very old thread, but i recently started getting into Parkour/freerunning, just as a little something to do on the side..
so does anyone here have any tips on getting started?

i also recently learned front flips on flat, but my landings are really bad, i always land really hard on my legs, and it kinda hurts.. any tips for front flips?

They shouldn't be hurting if your jumping from the ground... Does it hurt when you just jump from flat and land...

My suggestion is to practice absorbing more... aka when you land try to land on your tip toes to your heels then bend you knees... all this in a continuous motion will soften any blow...
Yeah, i know what i'm doing wrong, i just cant get enough air, so when i land, i dont have time to position my feet for the landing, so i just land flat on my feet really violently, and the shock goes all the way up my thighs and it hurts...
i was just wondering if there was a way i can practice not doing them as low, and spinning faster in the air... and also on how to be able to control my body more while in air because i cant manage to actually plan how to land while i'm flipping, i just let it happen.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008758
Mobile Version of Website