Places To ride in Nottingham area

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Places To ride in Nottingham area
Posted: Dec 13, 2010 at 8:55 Quote
[Quote="sam264"]
MetalheadA7X wrote:
dorny wrote:
Are you allowed to take bikes on the tram?
Nope!

There's also a skate park in lady bay next to the trent, it's only small though. If you can be arsed with the ride, there's a really nice skatepark in radcliffe, it's about a 40 minute + ride out of the city centre, though worth it i think

can get the train out to radcliffe... costs like £3.

Posted: Feb 20, 2011 at 2:58 Quote
[Quote="jessejones"]
Budlee wrote:
Just wondering how to find beestwood I've read some of the stuff before but not a clue where this quarry is or which woods are the right ones? Any help would be great

EDIT: Deleted directions as land owner doesn't want loads of people!

Posted: Feb 20, 2011 at 9:34 Quote
[Quote="jessejones"]
jessejones wrote:
Budlee wrote:
Just wondering how to find beestwood I've read some of the stuff before but not a clue where this quarry is or which woods are the right ones? Any help would be great

Have you not seen how busy it gets at weekends in the summer anyway?!

Posted: Feb 21, 2011 at 0:19 Quote
[Quote="sam264"]
jessejones wrote:
jessejones wrote:

Yeah but its mainly the same people and they're all locals, If you've been watching Live to Ride and Reading Russ's blogs you'll understand Wink

Posted: Feb 21, 2011 at 7:49 Quote
[Quote="jessejones"]
sam264 wrote:
jessejones wrote:

Yeah but its mainly the same people and they're all locals, If you've been watching Live to Ride and Reading Russ's blogs you'll understand Wink

Cheers Jesse. Imagine if it got as busy as Chicksands. We would definitely have problems with residents and probably lose the place. We have recently been threatened with demolition because of the litter and stuff so we have to be very careful about who comes down and how busy it gets in summer. If people are willing to help clear litter up and not park too close to Kilarney park then we'll probably be alright. The trails are not legal and its only by kind permission from the land owner that we are allowed to ride and build there. We cannot abuse that privilege by advertising something that isn't ours. I was hesitant about doing the series at all because I worried about making it too busy but so far its been ok. Just try and keep the name off the internet so it makes it harder for people to find online. Cheers

Posted: May 12, 2011 at 14:21 Quote
Alright people I live in Toton and only went to the Hemlockstone for the first time .........hmmm ! what can I say about the place ........................... I LOVED IT Big Grin Had a great time all on me lonesome , but it was bloody ace ! If whoever built reads this they should feel PROUD of what they have done. Salute

One last thing could somone p.m. me with directions to get there from the stone/ quickest route ? It took me an age to find it , but well worth the hassle , had a great ride !!! all I can say is THANKYOU! Hope to see you up there soon ! let me know when owts going off please , what a great afternoon .
Ads.

Posted: Sep 21, 2011 at 4:02 Quote
Going on a ride today, going to hit the Bulwell BMX track as a warm up, quickly sign on at the Bulwell job center (the one perk of being unemployed Wink ) then going to Bestwood country park. If anyone fancies it pm me sharpish!

Posted: Oct 7, 2011 at 11:17 Quote
go to center paces holday park

Posted: Oct 30, 2011 at 19:42 Quote
When are most of you guys at Bestwood? I've not been in a while but even when I did go fairly regular in the week nobody was around. I'd love to go again sometime and maybe take some photos with the regulars, you've got some sick lines nearing completion last time I checked.

Posted: Oct 31, 2011 at 5:50 Quote
boiltheocean wrote:
When are most of you guys at Bestwood? I've not been in a while but even when I did go fairly regular in the week nobody was around. I'd love to go again sometime and maybe take some photos with the regulars, you've got some sick lines nearing completion last time I checked.

They mainly tend to be down at weekends dude

Posted: Oct 31, 2011 at 16:03 Quote
Cool I'll try get there sometime in the next few weeks. Out of interest what is happening with the Volcano? Last time I saw it, it had no run in yet the summer before everyone was flying off it.

Posted: Nov 1, 2011 at 5:00 Quote
I've not been up for a while, i used to be up there every week, but last time i saw its been hacked down so big bikes can hit it, there's a new step up with a soft landing though just round the corner that's pretty nice, I might try and get up this weekend, not ridden properly for nearly 3 months Frown

Posted: Nov 1, 2011 at 12:21 Quote
It got knocked down by local chav twats, nothing to do with big bikes. We gave up rebuilding it because people keep knocking it down. I think it's because it's down the bottom where all the rubbish little jumps are. Don't think they'll be any of our lot down this weekend but it's winter now so we should be there a lot more at weekends generally. Just please be mindful of litter and be nice to the local residents!

Posted: Nov 1, 2011 at 15:32 Quote
Ahh that sucks, I never hit the volcano but I've watched Russ and a few others having fun off it. The jumps up top though are sweet and I rarely see any chav twats venture up there. I think I'm going to try get up this weekend too if I can fix my brake.

Posted: Nov 25, 2011 at 6:53 Quote
Hey, just moved to from Canada start of November(lived here in 08-09 previously) and have just discovered Bestwood. Looking for some people to go riding with. I don't work at the moment as the government won't let me, so I'm available every day all day, unless I have something else planned. If anyone is interested or a group of people get out and wouldn't mind having someone tag along it would be great.

Craig

Copyright © 2000 - 2017. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.043082
Mobile Version of Website