Latest Crash Injuries

• Previous Page
Posted: Jul 6, 2008 at 22:51 Quote
I don't know about you, but I wear all my biking injuries as a badge of honor. It says I'm not sitting on my ass watching boobtube all weekend. It means I'm pushing myself. It means I've made it through another weekend of ripping it up. My shins are pockmarked with pedal slaps from years gone by, my hip scarred from road rash, I haven't slept on my right side in 5 weeks because I bashed my shoulder. I go to work every Monday with a new Whistler medal. My girlfriend just shakes her head. My biking friends just laugh.

So, let's hear about your latest crash injury. Mine was today at Whistler. Coming down lower A-line, just after the big drop, I hit the tabletop, landed off balance, skidded into the trees, and endoed. On the scale of 1 to 10 of my dramatic wipes, it was a 3, but damn did I twist my thumb back. It now looks like mottled over-stuffed sausage.

What's your latest injury and story that led to it?

Posted: Jul 6, 2008 at 23:00 Quote
ya i was riding street and i bunny hoped into this mini bowl curb thing and comming out i flipped nack and smacked my head on the ground ( wearing helmit thank god) and winded my self it happend so fast i didnt even have time to let go of bike,,, got some gnraly road rash on my back,, oh well nothing new

Posted: Jul 6, 2008 at 23:06 Quote
i was at my local skatepark at like 5 am...and i went to air out of a quarter...and when i came down i guess my bars were turned to much and i just went straight down...smashed my shoulder into the ground and cut my knuckles elbows and kness up preeettty badd.

Posted: Jul 6, 2008 at 23:55 Quote
today i was riding a local little dh trail and tried a new line. it was faster but i couldnt make the turn and tumbled about 30 ft down the side on the mountain. cut my knee because my knee pads twisted around, scraped up my elbow and got fox tails everywhere.

just bruised my ego that i let the rock win =/ i tried it twice and gave up.

Posted: Jul 7, 2008 at 0:12 Quote
I crashed two months ago on some local dirtjumps and hurt my hand, still hurts have not been on my bike since. Think I am done dirtjumping anybody looking for a 2008 norco 125?

Posted: Jul 7, 2008 at 21:59 Quote
giantfro wrote:
today i was riding a local little dh trail and tried a new line. it was faster but i couldnt make the turn and tumbled about 30 ft down the side on the mountain. cut my knee because my knee pads twisted around, scraped up my elbow and got fox tails everywhere.

Way to get back on the horse. Tell us how is goes next week.

Posted: Jul 7, 2008 at 22:21 Quote
dmancan wrote:
giantfro wrote:

Way to get back on the horse. Tell us how is goes next week.

haha will do. i screwed up my knee yesterday but i should be good to go for this weekend.

Posted: Jul 7, 2008 at 23:03 Quote
unbound08 wrote:
I crashed two months ago on some local dirtjumps and hurt my hand, still hurts have not been on my bike since. Think I am done dirtjumping anybody looking for a 2008 norco 125?

Dude! What kind of spirit is that? Do you think the Wright Bros. just packed it in after their first crash? Did NASA scrub the shuttle program after Challenger? Did the Fonz stop riding his chopper after his crash? Are we going to let gravity push us around? I say NO my friend!

Back to the dirt jumps you go!

Posted: Jul 7, 2008 at 23:07 Quote
-Hardrock- wrote:
i was at my local skatepark at like 5 am...and i went to air out of a quarter...and when i came down i guess my bars were turned to much and i just went straight down...smashed my shoulder into the ground and cut my knuckles elbows and kness up preeettty badd.

Nice! Sounds like you gave the Earth an elbow smash. Teach the planet some respect, yo!

Posted: Jul 7, 2008 at 23:13 Quote
about two weeks ago i was at some local jumps and a broke my collar bone bone and got knocked out. this was rite before i was going to lake tahoe to ride for a week and the day before i did it i just ordered my new frame.

Posted: Jul 7, 2008 at 23:19 Quote
i got a broken scapula, separated A.C. joint about 2.5 months ago....
most recent was a cuncusion...hahaha i will alway ride with a helment nowGeek

Posted: Jul 8, 2008 at 15:57 Quote
dmancan wrote:
unbound08 wrote:

Dude! What kind of spirit is that? Do you think the Wright Bros. just packed it in after their first crash? Did NASA scrub the shuttle program after Challenger? Did the Fonz stop riding his chopper after his crash? Are we going to let gravity push us around? I say NO my friend!

point taken. but I honestly cant even pedal around without feeling pain in my hand. I work with my hands and can't risk further injury.

Posted: Jul 8, 2008 at 20:34 Quote
unbound08 wrote:
dmancan wrote:
unbound08 wrote:

point taken. but I honestly cant even pedal around without feeling pain in my hand. I work with my hands and can't risk further injury.

Dude: you need to go to a physiotherapist. Shit like that can be sorted out with some exercises, stretching, and ultrasound treatment. I said my shoulder got pooched about 5 weeks ago, but I've done some physio and it's really helped. I can actually sleep on it for a couple hours now.

You work with your hands, eh? Are you a gigolo?

Posted: Jul 8, 2008 at 20:35 Quote
dher0521 wrote:
i got a broken scapula, separated A.C. joint about 2.5 months ago....
most recent was a cuncusion...hahaha i will alway ride with a helment nowGeek

If that's your x-ray of your shoulder, I hate to tell you this, but you're missing your right lung as well.

Posted: Jul 8, 2008 at 20:39 Quote
Just over two weeks ago i was riding a local trail. I have to cross the road at one part and a car didnt stop and hit me. I taco'ed my double track. ripped the spokes outta the hub bent the rotor and broken headset. It tossed me over the road and 10 feet into the bushes. i some how didnt break or tear anything.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012318
Mobile Version of Website