Latest Crash Injuries

Posted: Jul 8, 2008 at 20:50 Quote
dmancan wrote:
-Hardrock- wrote:
i was at my local skatepark at like 5 am...and i went to air out of a quarter...and when i came down i guess my bars were turned to much and i just went straight down...smashed my shoulder into the ground and cut my knuckles elbows and kness up preeettty badd.

Nice! Sounds like you gave the Earth an elbow smash. Teach the planet some respect, yo!

It was worse when there was an old guy laughing at me...prolly 80 years old...

Posted: Jul 8, 2008 at 20:59 Quote
-Hardrock- wrote:
dmancan wrote:
-Hardrock- wrote:
i was at my local skatepark at like 5 am...and i went to air out of a quarter...and when i came down i guess my bars were turned to much and i just went straight down...smashed my shoulder into the ground and cut my knuckles elbows and kness up preeettty badd.

Nice! Sounds like you gave the Earth an elbow smash. Teach the planet some respect, yo!

Think about it. You're an oldtimer, creaking along with your walker, some punkass kid is flaunting their youth with some tricks on their bike. The kids falls on their ass, smashes her shoulder. I don't know about you, but I'd be laughing my ass off too.

You'll get your chance one day. Growing old is mandatory, being mature is optional.

Posted: Jul 8, 2008 at 21:04 Quote
2 weeks ago I was riding some DJs and got bucked. I got knocked out, broke the 2 main bones in my arm and my growth plate, not to mention I cant remember 5 minits before the crash and 20 minutes after the crash.

Mod
Posted: Jul 8, 2008 at 21:11 Quote
3.5 weeks ago... caught a pedal in a berm and ended up launching off the side of a step up headfirst into a tree bout 10 feet down the hill. Got up and rode for a while longer. Couple days later I realized I was messed up. Head and neck started hurting, couldn't spell worth crap and my short term memory was messed. Turns out I had gotten a concussion. 3 weeks later and I still have the damn thing. I was feeling dece some of last week so I raced Psychosis this weekend and ended up feeling pretty gross most of the weekend and coming across the finish line with a nosebleed even though I never crashed once or anything. WEnt to kicking horse yesterday and stacked on a falt corner. Bumped my head a little bit and now I'm paying even more for it. My head feels like a small freight train ran over it. Think it's time for another visit to the doctor.

Posted: Jul 8, 2008 at 21:13 Quote
-mt-b-mx- wrote:
2 weeks ago I was riding some DJs and got bucked. I got knocked out, broke the 2 main bones in my arm and my growth plate, not to mention I cant remember 5 minits before the crash and 20 minits after the crash.

Tough buck cowboy. It kind of sounds like you wouldn't want to remember when you crashed anyways. Ouch.

BTW: you've forgotten how to spell 'minutes' as well. You should get that checked out on your next doc appointment.

Posted: Jul 8, 2008 at 21:15 Quote
well today i was screwin around infront of a school and i did a lil footjam and i went to far and slammed my nuts on the stem and i was bleeding a little bit and wow it hurt so much Frown

Posted: Jul 8, 2008 at 21:20 Quote
terriflow3-0 wrote:
3.5 weeks ago... caught a pedal in a berm and ended up launching off the side of a step up headfirst into a tree bout 10 feet down the hill. Got up and rode for a while longer. Couple days later I realized I was messed up. Head and neck started hurting, couldn't spell worth crap and my short term memory was messed. Turns out I had gotten a concussion. 3 weeks later and I still have the damn thing. I was feeling dece some of last week so I raced Psychosis this weekend and ended up feeling pretty gross most of the weekend and coming across the finish line with a nosebleed even though I never crashed once or anything. WEnt to kicking horse yesterday and stacked on a falt corner. Bumped my head a little bit and now I'm paying even more for it. My head feels like a small freight train ran over it. Think it's time for another visit to the doctor.

Terriflow: I'm going to sound like your creepy hippy uncle who you smoke up with then he gets all huggy and mooshy and telling you that even though your parents had you by mistake and that you were almost aborted and then you were born and he knew that you were golden and he couldn't wait for the day that you'd be grown up and he could smoke you up but not too much because you have to take care of your brain...but take care of your brain dude. A concussion is a bruised brain, quite possibly swelling, and pressure. That's serious shit. You need to take some time off the bike and break out the Wii. Peace.

Posted: Jul 8, 2008 at 21:22 Quote
dmancan wrote:
-Hardrock- wrote:
dmancan wrote:

Think about it. You're an oldtimer, creaking along with your walker, some punkass kid is flaunting their youth with some tricks on their bike. The kids falls on their ass, smashes her shoulder. I don't know about you, but I'd be laughing my ass off too.

You'll get your chance one day. Growing old is mandatory, being mature is optional.

It wasnt even like he cared that i was bleeding out both my arms or like f*cked my rim up completely this guy was just laughing his ass off...man i wish i could start my days seeing that...he had a good day i can tell you that right now

Mod
Posted: Jul 8, 2008 at 21:26 Quote
Wow.. I barely understood that writing there.

I plan on taking it easy. I was feeling pretty good up until the 3rd day of practice for the race and had taken off like 2.5 weeks already. By the 3rd day of practice I just decided to go for it and race since I had put so much in already. But now I plan on taking it easy for another week or two and go see a doctor again (already done a trip to the ER and doctor back int he first week). Random nosebleeds and stuff don't seem to be on a getting well plan.

Posted: Jul 8, 2008 at 21:30 Quote
dmancan wrote:
unbound08 wrote:
dmancan wrote:

Dude! What kind of spirit is that? Do you think the Wright Bros. just packed it in after their first crash? Did NASA scrub the shuttle program after Challenger? Did the Fonz stop riding his chopper after his crash? Are we going to let gravity push us around? I say NO my friend!

Back to the dirt jumps you go!
point taken. but I honestly cant even pedal around without feeling pain in my hand. I work with my hands and can't risk further injury.

Dude: you need to go to a physiotherapist. Shit like that can be sorted out with some exercises, stretching, and ultrasound treatment. I said my shoulder got pooched about 5 weeks ago, but I've done some physio and it's really helped. I can actually sleep on it for a couple hours now.

You work with your hands, eh? Are you a gigolo?
buddy its not that easy healthcare is not free in the United States.

Posted: Jul 8, 2008 at 21:47 Quote
unbound08 wrote:
dmancan wrote:
unbound08 wrote:
point taken. but I honestly cant even pedal around without feeling pain in my hand. I work with my hands and can't risk further injury.

Dude: you need to go to a physiotherapist. Shit like that can be sorted out with some exercises, stretching, and ultrasound treatment. I said my shoulder got pooched about 5 weeks ago, but I've done some physio and it's really helped. I can actually sleep on it for a couple hours now.

You work with your hands, eh? Are you a gigolo?
buddy its not that easy healthcare is not free in the United States.

Maybe Obama will come through on Universal Healthcare when he becomes Prez.

Posted: Jul 8, 2008 at 21:50 Quote
Campbells-Soup wrote:
well today i was screwin around infront of a school and i did a lil footjam and i went to far and slammed my nuts on the stem and i was bleeding a little bit and wow it hurt so much Frown

Bloody bollocks?! Ok, you win. We may as well shut this thread down.

Who can one-up crushed nuts and bleeding testicles?

Posted: Jul 9, 2008 at 16:15 Quote
dmancan wrote:
dher0521 wrote:
i got a broken scapula, separated A.C. joint about 2.5 months ago....
most recent was a cuncusion...hahaha i will alway ride with a helment nowGeek

If that's your x-ray of your shoulder, I hate to tell you this, but you're missing your right lung as well.
ya thats my xray and they put one of those protective blankets on top of my chest so i dont get aton of radation....so it dosent show ny thing below that.

Posted: Jul 9, 2008 at 16:18 Quote
well bout three weeks ago at a dh race i fell on a praccy run and busted my hand, broke y 5th metacarpal in right hand into 4 pieces and also fractured the 4th also.

6days after surgery..

photo

Posted: Jul 9, 2008 at 16:24 Quote
rush10 wrote:
well bout three weeks ago at a dh race i fell on a praccy run and busted my hand, broke y 5th metacarpal in right hand into 4 pieces and also fractured the 4th also.

6days after surgery..

photo

ahahaha ohhh man that is some major suckage, i'm not laughing at you, just laughing at how extreme that is for a hand injury.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014218
Mobile Version of Website