Latest Crash Injuries

• Next Page
Posted: Jul 9, 2008 at 18:47 Quote
two weeks ago...lower a-line...lack of concentration and little too much speed...result was scrapes all over, busted helmet (slight concussion), and a wrist broken in three places...now i get to watch other people make use of my park pass for two months... goodtimes

Posted: Jul 19, 2008 at 18:53 Quote
about four months ago my friend went off a jump and landed flat. he crashed and got a serious concussion and tore his spleen almost completely in half. he was out for about three months. during that time he could not get touched anywhere near his spleen because if it got hit to hard he could bleed to death in less that 15 minutes. my friends and i had to be his bodyguards at school. he even had a pass allowing him to leave all class early and arrive at all late so he wouldn't get bumped in the spleen in the crowded halls. about a month ago he was allowed to ride again. his first day back on his bike he went off a 30 ft table, over cleared, and landed flat. He broke his arm in the shape of an "s" and shattered his ankle. He has been in a wheel chair for about a month. he can sort of walk but only with a cane.

Posted: Jul 19, 2008 at 19:16 Quote
G-Penny wrote:
about four months ago my friend went off a jump and landed flat. he crashed and got a serious concussion and tore his spleen almost completely in half. he was out for about three months. during that time he could not get touched anywhere near his spleen because if it got hit to hard he could bleed to death in less that 15 minutes. my friends and i had to be his bodyguards at school. he even had a pass allowing him to leave all class early and arrive at all late so he wouldn't get bumped in the spleen in the crowded halls. about a month ago he was allowed to ride again. his first day back on his bike he went off a 30 ft table, over cleared, and landed flat. He broke his arm in the shape of an "s" and shattered his ankle. He has been in a wheel chair for about a month. he can sort of walk but only with a cane.

Im not a doctor but i would definately suggest that your friend take a season off. Those are serious injuries he is dealing with and they will only get worse if he continues to push himself. I hope everything works out for him.

Posted: Jul 19, 2008 at 19:17 Quote
huck4life wrote:
G-Penny wrote:

Im not a doctor but i would definately suggest that your friend take a season off. Those are serious injuries he is dealing with and they will only get worse if he continues to push himself. I hope everything works out for him.

yeah he is taking it easy this year. no jumping. only chill riding in about a month

Posted: Jul 19, 2008 at 23:04 Quote
G-Penny wrote:
huck4life wrote:
G-Penny wrote:

yeah he is taking it easy this year. no jumping. only chill riding in about a month

Your friend sounds like he's ballsy, but he might want to channel that to a different sport. I think the cosmos is speaking to him. Perhaps he should take up BASE jumping.

Posted: Jul 19, 2008 at 23:06 Quote
dmancan wrote:
G-Penny wrote:
huck4life wrote:

Your friend sounds like he's ballsy, but he might want to channel that to a different sport. I think the cosmos is speaking to him. Perhaps he should take up BASE jumping.

we are trying to make him flatland. Hahaha. I guess he already has the flatlanding part mastered though

Posted: Jul 19, 2008 at 23:17 Quote
nose cased a small gap training my friend at night (dumbest thing i ever did) gt knocked out and ripped apart my gum tissue from my lip tissue all around the inside of my mouth and got good road rash on my face, not sure how many srtiches i got inside my mouth but it sucked i also had a stupid Iintervenus in my arm for a week.

FL
Posted: Jul 19, 2008 at 23:51 Quote
dmancan wrote:
unbound08 wrote:
I crashed two months ago on some local dirtjumps and hurt my hand, still hurts have not been on my bike since. Think I am done dirtjumping anybody looking for a 2008 norco 125?

Dude! What kind of spirit is that? Do you think the Wright Bros. just packed it in after their first crash? Did NASA scrub the shuttle program after Challenger? Did the Fonz stop riding his chopper after his crash? Are we going to let gravity push us around? I say NO my friend!

Back to the dirt jumps you go!

hahaha thats was actually motivating

FL
Posted: Jul 20, 2008 at 0:05 Quote
this wasnt recent, but last year, my buddy took one of my other friends bikes off a jump and oviously wasnt used to it, so he landed kinda weird and bailed. he laughed, so we laughed. then he got up and walked to a tree, looks under his shorts and went pail as a ghost. he landed on the handle bars and they pierced his thigh. we caled his mum and he went to hospital and got 13 stitches. apparently if he had cut a few mm's to the left or right(i dont remember) he woulda bled to death in 3 minutes cuz one of the main arteries is there. scary shit can happen even on the smallest things. this jump was like 3-4 feet long and like 2.5 feet high( we were noobsBeer

Posted: Jul 20, 2008 at 0:35 Quote
I didn't crash but i cant feel my hands after a run on top gun at fernie when my fork decided to hydrologically lock out(internal problem with a valve and my cartridge not being in 100% all the way) i rode to the bottom and now i cannot feel my hands and it stung when i had to take my hands off the bars.

Posted: Jul 22, 2008 at 13:50 Quote
i was riding down a cut through that i have behind my house, and as i was going 5 baby groundhogs ran in front of me and i tried to miss them and somehow my bars got twisted and i went over them and landed in a river.....all wet .... not fun

O+
Posted: Apr 13, 2013 at 15:46 Quote
Luckily I was wearing a helmet. Over cooked a flip in August last year and fractured my skull. If I had not been wearing my lid I would have been dead. Literally. You may think it's fun or nice to not wear a lid, but take it from me... head injuries are not worth it. Please be smart. Neuro surgery is not something you can easily recover from.
Luckily I was wearing a helmet. Over cooked a flip in August last year and fractured my skull. If I had not been wearing my lid I would have been dead. Literally. You may think it s fun or nice to not wear a lid but take it from me... head injuries are not worth it. Please be smart. Neuro surgery is not something you can easily recover from.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.067342
Mobile Version of Website