new mtb game

PB Forum :: Other
new mtb game
Posted: Aug 1, 2008 at 16:54 Quote
flowlikenike wrote:
southboston29 wrote:
flowlikenike wrote:
no matter how much you hate skaters, you've gotta admit skate is f*cking fun. and the idea that ea will come out with a bmx game like that is ridiculous.
So is this fact about this EA "Bike" game or is it fiction. I have dreamt about this ever since I got Skate.

same with me, but think about it. skate is a simple game because you basically point the stick in different directions and in different motions to flip the board, and the face of a skateboard is almost 2 dimensional. but a bike is so much more complex that there is no way the controls of skate could transfer to a bmx game. im not saying ea will not create a bmx game, but if they do it will be a far cry from skate, and more like tony hawk (button mashing)
I am not a game programer so I dont really know but I think you're mistaken. The controls for Skate could definately transfer over to a BMX game. Think about it...push=pedal
ollie=bunny hop
nose and tail manual=nose and tail manual
etc. tailwhips would be a circular motion with the stick
I think they both go hand in hand

Posted: Aug 1, 2008 at 16:56 Quote
but they dont. think about the motions for tricks like these

x-up
barspin
backflip
frontflip
superman
indian air
tuck-no hander

just a couple tricks off the top of my head

the motions to do the tricks would get very complicated, very fast.

Posted: Aug 1, 2008 at 16:59 Quote
the controls for Skate are the most realistic in any game ever I.M.O.
your thumbs have basically become your feet and it would be no different for a BMX game except for your hands. But really the only time your hands ever leave the grips is in a bar spin. It would be more difficult than Skate with out a boubt but definately doable.

Posted: Aug 1, 2008 at 17:01 Quote
flowlikenike wrote:

x-up
barspin
backflip
frontflip
superman
indian air
tuck-no hander

You're absolutely right bro and maybe I'm being a little to optomistic but I just want a game like Skate to come out for us BMXers. We deserve it bro! Shit Tony Hawk has a new every year why cant we just get one dope ass game, you know?

Posted: Aug 1, 2008 at 17:01 Quote
southboston29 wrote:
your thumbs have basically become your feet and it would be no different for a BMX game except for your hands. But really the only time your hands ever leave the grips is in a bar spin. It would be more difficult than Skate with out a boubt but definately doable.

do-able doesn't mean good. im not saying it isn't possible, but it is pretty much impossible to do it well. if you think ea will go on with a game like this not realizing how choppy the gameplay would be, then keep dreaming.....im not gonna rain on your parade. anyways im unsubscribing.

Posted: Aug 1, 2008 at 17:03 Quote
southboston29 wrote:
flowlikenike wrote:

x-up
barspin
backflip
frontflip
superman
indian air
tuck-no hander

You're absolutely right bro and maybe I'm being a little to optomistic but I just want a game like Skate to come out for us BMXers. We deserve it bro! Shit Tony Hawk has a new every year why cant we just get one dope ass game, you know?

oops, you posted before i did. anyways i think a bmx game more like tony hawk is much more likely, and would probably turn out better.

Posted: Aug 1, 2008 at 17:06 Quote
flowlikenike wrote:
southboston29 wrote:

do-able doesn't mean good. im not saying it isn't possible, but it is pretty much impossible to do it well. if you think ea will go on with a game like this not realizing how choppy the gameplay would be, then keep dreaming.....im not gonna rain on your parade. anyways im unsubscribing.
With technology nowadays and games being the way they are nowadays I think a BMX version of Skate is definately doable and if any company can pull it off EA can and it would be GOOD! IMO

Posted: Aug 1, 2008 at 17:11 Quote
flowlikenike wrote:
southboston29 wrote:
flowlikenike wrote:

x-up
barspin
backflip
frontflip
superman
indian air
tuck-no hander

oops, you posted before i did. anyways i think a bmx game more like tony hawk is much more likely, and would probably turn out better.
I feel you on that one but I am soo sick of the Tony Hawk gameplay. It got old like 5 years ago. Good discussion with you though man.

O+
Posted: Aug 1, 2008 at 17:12 Quote
wow all we really need is dave mirra bmx challenge, with more parks, and DJ in it

Posted: Aug 1, 2008 at 17:12 Quote
nishnash wrote:
wow all we really need is dave mirra bmx challenge, with more parks, and DJ in it
Ill agree with you on that.

Posted: Aug 1, 2008 at 17:14 Quote
I always try to see the glass as half full rather than half empty. Sometimes it gets me into trouble. EA Bike coming next whenever...

O+
Posted: Aug 1, 2008 at 17:16 Quote
haha thats y i converted to believing that the glass doesnt exist. life is the most meaningless thing in existence while being the most meaninfull thing in existence

Posted: Aug 1, 2008 at 17:19 Quote
nishnash wrote:
haha thats y i converted to believing that the glass doesnt exist. life is the most meaningless thing in existence while being the most meaninfull thing in existence
Aaaggghhh! You just gave me an acid flashback bro!

Posted: Aug 1, 2008 at 17:22 Quote
So what was this thread again?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009362
Mobile Version of Website