Kona swingarm loose

PB Forum :: Kona
Kona swingarm loose
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 7, 2008 at 17:15 Quote
My 2006 kona stinky the swingarm is coming loose and i dont know why ??? + i checked every places that the shock pivots ! Eek

Could someone help Confused

Posted: Jul 7, 2008 at 18:29 Quote
I had the same problem with my coiler. Seems like the bike is broken in the middle right? Well there goes $200. Its probably the suspension bushing/bearings. Have fun getting a new kit. I know I did.

Posted: Jul 7, 2008 at 18:32 Quote
comoxdh wrote:
I had the same problem with my coiler. Seems like the bike is broken in the middle right? Well there goes $200. Its probably the suspension bushing/bearings. Have fun getting a new kit. I know I did.
do you think i can do a race with it if its loose like that ?
Well I all ready did some ride at our resort soooo....

Posted: Jul 7, 2008 at 18:34 Quote
well you pretty much found your own problem its a "kona" its gonna break theres nothing you can do you buy a crappy bike its gonna break

Posted: Jul 7, 2008 at 18:36 Quote
hotdogprooo wrote:
well you pretty much found your own problem its a "kona" its gonna break theres nothing you can do you buy a crappy bike its gonna break
Thanks for the help Smile Geek

Posted: Jul 7, 2008 at 18:55 Quote
Lawl.. Well my shop told me its alright to ride around town and stuff, not to jump on and things.. But you could, Unless you care that you don't Eff up your frame.. Hell, just buy my coiler. Brand new bearing kit. : D

Posted: Jul 7, 2008 at 19:02 Quote
comoxdh wrote:
Lawl.. Well my shop told me its alright to ride around town and stuff, not to jump on and things.. But you could, Unless you care that you don't Eff up your frame.. Hell, just buy my coiler. Brand new bearing kit. : D
non thanks... I guess it's my last weekend with my stinky lolSalute

Posted: Jul 7, 2008 at 19:03 Quote
But its super awesome!

http://comoxdh.pinkbike.com/buysell/309521/

Edit: Bad idea to advertise on the forums..

Posted: Jul 7, 2008 at 19:04 Quote
comoxdh wrote:
But its super awesome!

http://comoxdh.pinkbike.com/buysell/309521/

Edit: Bad idea to advertise on the forums..
non thanks I just gave a look

Posted: Jul 7, 2008 at 19:04 Quote
Alright. Have fun with the issue.

Posted: Jul 7, 2008 at 19:05 Quote
hotdogprooo wrote:
This seems like a bit of a biased statement don't ya think... I'm not sure you're really helping him much...

O+
Posted: Jul 23, 2008 at 10:22 Quote
raceface77 wrote:
hotdogprooo wrote:
This seems like a bit of a biased statement don't ya think... I'm not sure you're really helping him much...

hes just a retard. LOL

want to sell your kona now?

Posted: Jul 23, 2008 at 10:24 Quote
Kona. Yes its a shit name. Yes it gets dissed a lot. Yes people dissing Kona are probably jealous at how a full bearing set only costs $50. Yes every other bike manufacturer will screw you over for aftermarket or replacement parts except kona.

Kona are good. They have a bad reputation because usually the people who buy them can't afford more upmarket and branded bikes, therefore they also have no knowledge of how to maintain them - and then they break a lot and get a bad rep!

Like any bike, you look after them properly and clean them after each ride and they run forever.

Kona haters can smoke my pole! muhahaha

As for the wobble in the back end? It's probably your main pivot is loose, or all your bearings have a little play in them and its all adding up

You probably won't have checked the other side of it because it involves taking off your driveside crank arm, so check your main pivot out.

Posted: Jul 23, 2008 at 10:29 Quote
the bearings are worn out.. have the shop take em out.. go to a bearing manufacturer... and u can get the same barings for 20 bucks and have em put in by ur bike shop

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009308
Mobile Version of Website