Vancouver

Posted: Jul 29, 2016 at 6:50 Quote

watch out for this bike thief in north van

Posted: Aug 2, 2016 at 10:06 Quote
xTwoSnakesx wrote:
creepingdeath wrote:
Hi guys,
I`m new to Vancouver and looking for riding buddy to explore trails at mount Seymour and Fromme. I only have a DH bike so I do not pedal =) I`ll appreciate any help or advise.
Anton.

Do you listen to Metallica?
but how?
I thought it was impossible to figure that out

Posted: Aug 23, 2016 at 9:55 Quote
Hey guys and gals,
I am trying to plan a trip to Vancouver for the last week of March first week of April 2017. I plan on trying to ride at least three days while I am there. My girlfriend will be attending an archaeology conference at the Hyatt Regency Hotel (general location of where we will be staying) and I am trying to shred while she is doing her thing. I have never been to the west coast and am stoked to get the opportunity to ride your amazing trails. I have a few questions and any info would be greatly appreciated. First, will the weather be okay to ride? Are there any guides in the area that would be willing to show me around? What are the best bike shops that offer demos? (I'm not sure if I will be able to bring my bike. $$) If no guide recommendations what are some must ride trails? Are there any shuttle services available? Best food recommendations? Any and all info is welcome and greatly appreciated. Thanks

Frank

Posted: Aug 23, 2016 at 10:51 Quote
MooseNukl wrote:
Hey guys and gals,
I am trying to plan a trip to Vancouver for the last week of March first week of April 2017. I plan on trying to ride at least three days while I am there. My girlfriend will be attending an archaeology conference at the Hyatt Regency Hotel (general location of where we will be staying) and I am trying to shred while she is doing her thing. I have never been to the west coast and am stoked to get the opportunity to ride your amazing trails. I have a few questions and any info would be greatly appreciated. First, will the weather be okay to ride? Are there any guides in the area that would be willing to show me around? What are the best bike shops that offer demos? (I'm not sure if I will be able to bring my bike. $$) If no guide recommendations what are some must ride trails? Are there any shuttle services available? Best food recommendations? Any and all info is welcome and greatly appreciated. Thanks

Frank

Whew lots of questions.

Weather. Who knows? But likely lower trails will be rideable but it will likely be wet. Here's a list of trails that do well in the wet http://mtbtrails.ca/wet-weather-approved-trails/789

Guides. https://www.endlessbiking.com/#welcome

Bikeshops for demos. https://www.endlessbiking.com/#welcome. http://obsessionbikes.com/ http://steedcycles.com/

Shuttle services - see Endless Biking.

Food. Depends on what you like

Posted: Aug 24, 2016 at 10:26 Quote
@leelau Thank you for all the info, I really appreciate it!

Posted: Sep 27, 2016 at 1:24 Quote
Any shops in Vancouver have/selling #longlivechainsaw stickers?

I like the nsmb ones, but was wondering if there was an option that didn't involve shipping.

Posted: Oct 19, 2016 at 20:03 Quote
xTwoSnakesx wrote:
Any shops in Vancouver have/selling #longlivechainsaw stickers?

I like the nsmb ones, but was wondering if there was an option that didn't involve shipping.

not sure if anyone is selling them. i ordered mine off nsmb and they came within a week if that sways your decision at all.

Posted: Oct 21, 2016 at 15:36 Quote
Hi there

I'm moving from Brazil to Canada on november 10th. I have been to Whistler a couple of times, but this time it's diferent because it's "real life": study and work... Still, I'm wondering how is the riding around Vancouver for someone like me. By that I mean with no vehicle, new in town, etc... Where do I start? Are there bike shops that organize group rides and stuff like that? Wich ones are the best local bike shops?

Any advice will be apreciated . Thanks!

Posted: Oct 21, 2016 at 17:11 Quote
Ridelucas. Most of the shops have group rides. I help out with Obsession's rides. Steed, Cove and Lynn Valley has rides too. Its easy to meet people. A strong group for rides is nsrides.com

Posted: Oct 22, 2016 at 4:28 Quote
leelau wrote:
Ridelucas. Most of the shops have group rides. I help out with Obsession's rides. Steed, Cove and Lynn Valley has rides too. Its easy to meet people. A strong group for rides is nsrides.com

Thanks leelau!

Posted: Oct 25, 2016 at 6:45 Quote
Depending on where you live, taking the bus to the trails is relatively easy as well. All the buses have a bike rack. If you move to North Vancouver, again.. depending on where live, you could potentially have the trails out your backdoor. Like Leelau said, it should be very easy for you to meet people if you hook up with group rides through the shops or through NSRides. Here is a link http://www.nsride.com

Posted: Oct 25, 2016 at 8:34 Quote
lalena wrote:
Depending on where you live, taking the bus to the trails is relatively easy as well. All the buses have a bike rack. If you move to North Vancouver, again.. depending on where live, you could potentially have the trails out your backdoor. Like Leelau said, it should be very easy for you to meet people if you hook up with group rides through the shops or through NSRides. Here is a link http://www.nsride.com

Thanks a lot lalena Smile

About north vancouver, I'm thinking about getting a place there instead of vancouver. I will study downtown, so, maybe living near the ferryboat to downtown is a good idea? Are the rents about the same price?

Posted: Oct 25, 2016 at 12:07 Quote
RideLucas wrote:
lalena wrote:

Thanks a lot lalena Smile

About north vancouver, I'm thinking about getting a place there instead of vancouver. I will study downtown, so, maybe living near the ferryboat to downtown is a good idea? Are the rents about the same price?

Rents in NVan are cheaper than downtown. Not by much but definite cost savings in the Lower Lonsdale area.

Posted: Oct 26, 2016 at 9:34 Quote
leelau wrote:

Rents in NVan are cheaper than downtown. Not by much but definite cost savings in the Lower Lonsdale area.

Thanks man! Two more questions... first, what's the best cellphone carrier or the one I should definitely avoid?

Second.. I need a do-it-all bike for the trails over there. I'm thinking about going for around 150mm of travel, like the process 153. Is it too much or is it on the spot?

Thanks Smile

Posted: Oct 26, 2016 at 18:57 Quote
RideLucas wrote:
leelau wrote:

Thanks man! Two more questions... first, what's the best cellphone carrier or the one I should definitely avoid?

Second.. I need a do-it-all bike for the trails over there. I'm thinking about going for around 150mm of travel, like the process 153. Is it too much or is it on the spot?

Thanks Smile

Yeah you'll save money being in lower Lonsdale and if you work downtown, the seabus is convenient from downtown, you'll hardly need a car TBH.

A bike like the process 153 would be fun for the shore. You could ride that up and down the shore and still feel confident in the summer doing Whistler Bike Park laps. Oh and by the way if you don't have a car... there's a great shuttle service from downtown to whistler in the summer... $35 return trip.

Oh and in terms of cell phone carrier, you'd probably get a variety of opinions. My understanding though is that our plans are obnoxiously expensive compared to the rest of the world. I'm with Virgin Mobile and always been happy with them.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006521
Mobile Version of Website