Vancouver

O+
Posted: Jun 22, 2021 at 8:45 Quote
VanNewbie wrote:
Hello everyone! As the name suggests I'm new to Canada (as well as to the forum). Just moved here from South Africa. I'm obviously psyched to hit the north shore - any recommendations as to how to get started without killing myself? :-)

I have an enduro bike and probably less than average skill levels.

Thanks!

Hey I'm new to Vancouver myself, although I'm here temporarily! Looking for folks to ride with as well so I don't get in over my head. - hope to see you out there or on the Trail Shredders FB page, just requested to join.

O+
Posted: Jul 5, 2021 at 14:40 Quote
Hey All. Planning a trip to BC. Need to rent a bike rack Aug 9 - Aug 20. Any suggestions where I can do that in Vancouver area? Thanks.

Posted: Jul 5, 2021 at 15:38 Quote
bulbec wrote:
Hey All. Planning a trip to BC. Need to rent a bike rack Aug 9 - Aug 20. Any suggestions where I can do that in Vancouver area? Thanks.

Endless Biking

O+
Posted: Jul 6, 2021 at 7:54 Quote
You can 'demo' bikes from John Henry's too if you want to get on a Norco. When my brother came to visit we rented from Endless and it was a good experience.

O+
Posted: Jul 16, 2021 at 23:15 Quote
EVO car share for riders in Vancouver!

I’m moving to Vancouver (Kits, East Van or possibly downtown) due to work and can not afford to bring my vehicle.

Does anyone use EVO car share with the bike racks to transport their bikes for full day rides / after work rides frequently?

Is EVO a good option to get up to the shore / sea to sky from central Vancouver?

Is it worth the money? East Van to Mount Fromme for examples as start and finish locations?

Is there anything you wish would be changed to make this more accommodating to MTB Riders?

Thanks for your thoughts

O+
Posted: Jul 18, 2021 at 23:10 Quote
Hey, moving to Central / Downtown Vancouver soon, I can not afford to bring my vehicle so will need to rely on public transit / EVO to take me and my bikes up to the shore / sea to sky.. this seems very inconvenient for after work rides but I can’t be the only vehicles less mountain biker living in central Vancouver.

How do you do it?!

Is it worth it to live further out to save on rent so I can afford to bring my car?

Thanks

O+
Posted: Jul 19, 2021 at 8:04 Quote
I'm pretty sure Fromme/Seymour/Cypress all fall outside of the EVO home zone. So you would have to have the EVO booked for your entire ride. Can get a bit pricey. I believe a bus goes pretty much all the way to Fromme parking lot from Lonsdale Quay. Although getting to the Quay from East Van would take some time. I think your best bet is to carpool (e.g. Vancouver Trail Shredders). I frequently have access to a vehicle though so I may not be the best person to ask about this stuff.

Posted: Jul 19, 2021 at 17:18 Quote
coast2coast-4 wrote:
I'm pretty sure Fromme/Seymour/Cypress all fall outside of the EVO home zone. So you would have to have the EVO booked for your entire ride. Can get a bit pricey. I believe a bus goes pretty much all the way to Fromme parking lot from Lonsdale Quay. Although getting to the Quay from East Van would take some time. I think your best bet is to carpool (e.g. Vancouver Trail Shredders). I frequently have access to a vehicle though so I may not be the best person to ask about this stuff.

I just googled this.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/evo-expansion-north-south-vancouver-1.3854295

It sounds a bit complicated tbh.

Perhaps an option for Seymour or Fromme is to take the EVO to the trailheads then ride back from the trailheads to bus loops. Trailheads are generally higher on the mountain and then you can cruise or pedal on the flats back to the bus loops?

I can't help with direct experience as I live in NV and have a vehicle so frequently bike or drive to trailheads

O+
Posted: Jul 20, 2021 at 17:56 Quote
Best place to park is probably Capilano U, with access to Fromme via pipeline bridge, or multiple options for Seymour. You can't park at trailheads (for free).

O+
Posted: Jul 29, 2021 at 13:55 Quote
I live in East Van, Nanaimo and Hastings area. I can ride to Seymour (Hyannis trailhead) in 20-25 minutes from home. Fromme is about 40 minutes to Dempsey trailhead, but you spend about half that on trail so its a bit funner. I quite enjoy the bike ride to the trailhead, but I don't think I would want to do it from any further.

Also East Van is a bit cheaper than Kits. Even with a car, Kits can be 45 minutes in traffic to the North Shore.

Posted: Jul 29, 2021 at 17:46 Quote
greenwoodbikes wrote:
Hey, moving to Central / Downtown Vancouver soon, I can not afford to bring my vehicle so will need to rely on public transit / EVO to take me and my bikes up to the shore / sea to sky.. this seems very inconvenient for after work rides but I can’t be the only vehicles less mountain biker living in central Vancouver.

How do you do it?!

Is it worth it to live further out to save on rent so I can afford to bring my car?

Thanks

Sea bus across to Lonsdale Quay - bus up Lonsdale to Fromme is pretty easy.

O+
Posted: Aug 3, 2021 at 15:31 Quote
theconorcons wrote:
I live in East Van, Nanaimo and Hastings area. I can ride to Seymour (Hyannis trailhead) in 20-25 minutes from home. Fromme is about 40 minutes to Dempsey trailhead, but you spend about half that on trail so its a bit funner. I quite enjoy the bike ride to the trailhead, but I don't think I would want to do it from any further.

Also East Van is a bit cheaper than Kits. Even with a car, Kits can be 45 minutes in traffic to the North Shore.

Ebike? Hyannis from that part of East Van is like 9km/150m vert, 25km/h pace is pretty quick on an mtb on the road. Only reason I brought it up was thinking how long it takes me to get to Deep Cove from east van on a road bike.

O+
Posted: Aug 4, 2021 at 12:26 Quote
gramboh wrote:
theconorcons wrote:

Ebike? Hyannis from that part of East Van is like 9km/150m vert, 25km/h pace is pretty quick on an mtb on the road. Only reason I brought it up was thinking how long it takes me to get to Deep Cove from east van on a road bike.

I think I was sniffing glue, I brought up my old ride files. It's more like 40 min to Hyannis, and then 25 min home (way more downhill). Its prob about an hour to Fromme, but you can ride mostly gravel trails from Mountain Highway up to the Dempsey trailhead so its quite a bit more enjoyable.

Posted: Oct 14, 2021 at 10:59 Quote
Hey all,

I'm making a trip to Vancouver next week from Ontario. I'd like to get some riding in while I'm there. I'm staying near UBC, which I am aware is not the best location if I want to access Cyprus/Seymour/Fromme. I'll also need to grab a good rental while I'm there as well. Never ridden the shore before but excited to do so if possible

If you have any recommendations or tips for rentals/transport/trail networks I'd love to hear 'em!

Thanks y'all Big Grin

Posted: Oct 14, 2021 at 12:05 Quote
Endless bikes for rentals... Trailforks for trails. Fromme or Seymour if you aren't shuttling.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017791
Mobile Version of Website