Identifying Scammers

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Identifying Scammers
Posted: May 25, 2014 at 7:37 Quote
Anyone admin / mods on here

O+
Posted: Jul 17, 2014 at 14:37 Quote
Can you guys check if jakobv is a potential scammer, he contacted me for my bike on the day he made his account

Posted: Jul 24, 2014 at 6:47 Quote
EdwardN wrote:
Can you guys check if jakobv is a potential scammer, he contacted me for my bike on the day he made his account

It could be, but I have also made account to buy some bike parts and then discovered forum.

Posted: Jul 24, 2014 at 7:07 Quote
Dorianl98 wrote:
EdwardN wrote:

It could be, but I have also made account to buy some bike parts and then discovered forum.

Same here.

Posted: Nov 3, 2014 at 13:22 Quote
I had a scammer try to swindle me a couple of days ago... I was thinking of selling my 29er but after a few days I took the ad down as I had second thoughts. In that time, I got this:

bigquotesThanks for your swift response, I'm seriously interested in buying this for my Father as gift, your asking price is quite reasonable and affordable considering others I've seen lately, I'll take it. I would have loved to come check it out my self but am currently in camp as military seer instructor for new recruits. I however squeezed out time to check this posting as all personal dealings are highly restricted here, i really want this as a surprise gift for my Father so i won't let him know anything about this until it get delivered to him and due to the fact that phone calls making are restricted......i will be paying you with my PayPal account because it's attached to my bank account and its safe and very secure way to make payment. If my mode of payment is accepted just send me your paypal email address,(Paypal ID) so i can pay in right away. I have a private courier agent that will come for the pick up after payments has been made, so no shipping included. I'll need your name, the pickup address or location and please include your PayPal email address for the payment and send me some recent pictures if available And if you dont have a paypal account, you can easily go to www.paypal.com and sign up. its very easy. I await your reply asap

Scammer if I ever saw one.

Posted: Nov 3, 2014 at 13:26 Quote
100% scammer. What's the username?

Posted: Nov 3, 2014 at 16:31 Quote
LawsonRaider wrote:
I had a scammer try to swindle me a couple of days ago... I was thinking of selling my 29er but after a few days I took the ad down as I had second thoughts. In that time, I got this:

bigquotesThanks for your swift response, I'm seriously interested in buying this for my Father as gift, your asking price is quite reasonable and affordable considering others I've seen lately, I'll take it. I would have loved to come check it out my self but am currently in camp as military seer instructor for new recruits. I however squeezed out time to check this posting as all personal dealings are highly restricted here, i really want this as a surprise gift for my Father so i won't let him know anything about this until it get delivered to him and due to the fact that phone calls making are restricted......i will be paying you with my PayPal account because it's attached to my bank account and its safe and very secure way to make payment. If my mode of payment is accepted just send me your paypal email address,(Paypal ID) so i can pay in right away. I have a private courier agent that will come for the pick up after payments has been made, so no shipping included. I'll need your name, the pickup address or location and please include your PayPal email address for the payment and send me some recent pictures if available And if you dont have a paypal account, you can easily go to www.paypal.com and sign up. its very easy. I await your reply asap

Scammer if I ever saw one.

He forgot to say - his father is the deposed king of Nigeria and he has $10,000,000 waiting for you when he gets the bike. Probably needs it to ride out of the country with the money.

Posted: Jun 13, 2015 at 22:07 Quote
http://m.pinkbike.com/u/lalo24/

Scam

Posted: Jun 20, 2015 at 9:20 Quote
gratefuldmb wrote:
http://m.pinkbike.com/u/lalo24/

Scam

Are you sure?

O+
Posted: Jun 22, 2015 at 9:30 Quote
http://m.pinkbike.com/u/jiorji/

This guy is 100% a scammer. He was very sketchy in his dealings.

Posted: Jul 8, 2015 at 21:21 Quote
Tate27 wrote:
http://m.pinkbike.com/u/jiorji/

This guy is 100% a scammer. He was very sketchy in his dealings.

i almost sold wheels to jiorji, glad i held out, i ended up selling the wheels to a local.

Posted: Nov 3, 2015 at 16:54 Quote
Dorianl98 wrote:
EdwardN wrote:

yeah, that more or less describes me and I'm not one Razz have 20k+ posts on car forums, etc., I suppose getting back on a bike after a long hiatus does probably kick me back to gr@ssh0pper status tho' Jail

guess this may be why the people I made inquiries with on their crank FS ads aren't responding ... Rolleyes

Posted: Mar 13, 2016 at 11:55 Quote
safeer wrote:
sounds line ur typical ebay message Wink

Posted: Apr 7, 2016 at 8:56 Quote
https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/1952840/

Seems like a pretty good deal. Blank Stare
eBay seller name is different and won't answer any questions here or there. PB user is from Aberdeen, eBay item is shipping from Germany and eBay seller is based in Luxembourg.
Listing info on here and on eBay is minimal

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010317
Mobile Version of Website