Officially unofficial rabbit hill discussion thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Officially unofficial rabbit hill discussion thread
Posted: Mar 2, 2011 at 20:32 Quote
j-e-metalhead1 wrote:
the river valley is not just for people who ride bikes its for everyone. Most people that do use it are dog walkers and joggers. And the biking that does happen is XC. The city wont allow us to make a "mountain" bike park in the valley because it will ruin the nature of it. We are lucky enough they allow us to ride our bikes in it in the first place

They allow bikes in it? Pretty sure they don't. I try to go into the river valley with my bike I get dirty looks from old ladies walking their dogs and see tons of signs that say no bikes.

Posted: Mar 2, 2011 at 20:54 Quote
Benjamana wrote:
j-e-metalhead1 wrote:
the river valley is not just for people who ride bikes its for everyone. Most people that do use it are dog walkers and joggers. And the biking that does happen is XC. The city wont allow us to make a "mountain" bike park in the valley because it will ruin the nature of it. We are lucky enough they allow us to ride our bikes in it in the first place

They allow bikes in it? Pretty sure they don't. I try to go into the river valley with my bike I get dirty looks from old ladies walking their dogs and see tons of signs that say no bikes.

I ride in there and never have problems and there are some jumps and drops.

O+
Posted: Mar 2, 2011 at 21:03 Quote
Benjamana wrote:
j-e-metalhead1 wrote:

Facepalm

Posted: Mar 3, 2011 at 8:00 Quote
Lol, Dude bikes are deff allowed.

Posted: Mar 3, 2011 at 16:09 Quote
Yeah bikes are for sure allowed we promote cycling there all the time at my shop. Bike maps include the main trail that is in the river valley.

Posted: Mar 3, 2011 at 16:54 Quote
Will Rabbit remain doing Dh races ? And will they do anymore work on the 4X track ?

Posted: Mar 3, 2011 at 17:57 Quote
No and No, There done.

Posted: Mar 10, 2011 at 19:04 Quote
http://mtnbikemike.pinkbike.com/blog/rabbithillclosure.html

just recieved GOOD news from the Mayor Himself!

Posted: Mar 11, 2011 at 16:15 Quote
I read your post, our councils in favour of helping the terwillger region. Also they spoke with St. Alberts bored of directors and stephan mandel about building our own local park. Theres 4 "hidden" spots that are to be chosen by 4 top pros from canada that will build ours in 2012 and 2013. They will either expand to edmonton or move and work with the terwilliger region.

Posted: Apr 7, 2011 at 21:29 Quote
This Sunday @ 2, 108st-99ave, meeting/Urban ride to discuss further steps to getting our dream!!! lets show this Town, how we Roll!!! i'll bring Rockstars/Pepsi YOU bring your best moves...i'll have a film crew, and HOPEFULLY some media!?
anyone with inside help on media involvement would be greatly appreciated!!!
Peace, Mike

O+
Posted: Jul 3, 2011 at 20:14 Quote
does anyone in this thread know how to ride dirt jumps?? if yes, you should come ride pines in red deer

if you like what you see come ride

Posted: Jul 3, 2011 at 22:17 Quote
ratherberidin wrote:
does anyone in this thread know how to ride dirt jumps?? if yes, you should come ride pines in red deer

if you like what you see come ride

One i get my mtb back im def comin. been wanting to for years.

O+
Posted: Jul 3, 2011 at 22:24 Quote
everyone is welcome but dont expect to show up and just ride tho. if someone is doing some digging grab a shovel and help out a bit, we dont expect you to build a line just a little bit of help is all... pretty small fee when you think about it

Posted: Jul 3, 2011 at 23:08 Quote
ratherberidin wrote:
everyone is welcome but dont expect to show up and just ride tho. if someone is doing some digging grab a shovel and help out a bit, we dont expect you to build a line just a little bit of help is all... pretty small fee when you think about it

come down from edmonton and ride maybe? if I can get time off work

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.088390
Mobile Version of Website