Your thoughts on the new 2009 Specialized SX?

PB Forum :: Specialized
Your thoughts on the new 2009 Specialized SX?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jul 9, 2008 at 13:24 Quote
So I've seen some photos of the new 09 Specialized bikes and honestly I am kinda dissapointed. I mean have you seen the new SX? The bike that I was craving for so long and still couldnt afford, now got a new makeover and became an ugly mess. Dont get me wrong, Specialized know what they are doing and Im sure they have tweeked the geometry to get maximum performance out of it. But still, I think the bike should look simple and clean just like the previous SX models. Guess Im gonna have to buy the used older model Frown Anyways, thats just my opinion on the new SX trail frame. What do you guys think>?

Posted: Jul 9, 2008 at 13:29 Quote
I'm not all that thrilled about them... I don't like how they curved the frame. I didn't like it when norco began to make their frames curvier either. They just don't look as good as the straight tubes. in My opinion anyway...

Posted: Jul 9, 2008 at 13:31 Quote
i think it looks like a POS

I'm in love with the 2009 P.3.

It's like what kind of girl would you rather be with... One that looks like shes permanently pregnant or a normal looking thin girl.

Posted: Jul 9, 2008 at 13:39 Quote
norconelson wrote:
It's like what kind of girl would you rather be with... One that looks like shes permanently pregnant or a normal looking thin girl.

HAHA thats f*ckn halleriouse! Ya Im with ya all the way on that one! I absolutely hate this curvy frames, new trend that everyone is following!

Posted: Jul 9, 2008 at 17:24 Quote
im disapoited.. i liked the older version Frown

O+
Posted: Jul 9, 2008 at 20:44 Quote
ill be the first to say that it looks fukin bad ass. i love the curvy look. its so clean

Posted: Jul 9, 2008 at 20:47 Quote
whoa there...we don't know what the 09 sx will look like, so far we just know what the 09 sx trail will look like.

Posted: Jul 9, 2008 at 20:48 Quote
nwd26 wrote:
whoa there...we don't know what the 09 sx will look like, so far we just know what the 09 sx trail will look like.

They are usually pretty similar no?

Posted: Jul 9, 2008 at 20:54 Quote
someguy101 wrote:
nwd26 wrote:

They are usually pretty similar no?

yeah, until now they've been the exact same, give or take a link or two.

since the bent downtube and retarded headtube system seem based around long travel, i'm wondering if they're going to just slap on a shorter shock and call it an sx, or if they're going to leave the sx alone, or redesign it independently and have it ...gasp...NOT look like shit, like most new specializeds have.

Posted: Jul 9, 2008 at 20:57 Quote
I havent seen it, any pics??

Posted: Jul 9, 2008 at 20:58 Quote
looks sick. looks like it would be unbelievably easy to do a no foot can on it.

Posted: Jul 9, 2008 at 21:01 Quote
you guys should post the pics

Posted: Jul 9, 2008 at 21:05 Quote
New p cro-mo's look amazing in my opinion

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010074
Mobile Version of Website