Most ripped off youve gotten

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Most ripped off youve gotten
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jul 10, 2008 at 0:29 Quote
post your ripped off bike stores either from you LBS or on pinkbike.. i wanna here it

Posted: Jul 10, 2008 at 0:51 Quote
Ok so I went down to suport my local LBS and asked them for a service. After having it there for a whole week they ring up and say it is ready. I go down there and they say that will be $60! I mean $60 for a fricking service. All so I will admit it my brake pads were a bit dodgy but I did'nt mind it just makes me go faster. But they ordered me new pads without even asking if I wanted them and charged me $38 for something I did not even want or ask for.

So I decided never to go there agian.

Then just last week I went down to another store and asked them to put my new chain guide on and give it a service and they only charged me $30 total. I will all ways go to them now.

Posted: Jul 10, 2008 at 7:55 Quote
On pinkbike this guy said he would buy my old bike. WE desided to meet one week later. Every day i asked him "are you still getting the bike?" Then on the day of the sale he says he lost his wallet with 300 dollers in it. Ya right! He was prabaly was a kid who thought it would be funny.

Posted: Jul 10, 2008 at 8:04 Quote
the-sasy-guy wrote:
Ok so I went down to suport my local LBS and asked them for a service. After having it there for a whole week they ring up and say it is ready. I go down there and they say that will be $60! I mean $60 for a fricking service. All so I will admit it my brake pads were a bit dodgy but I did'nt mind it just makes me go faster. But they ordered me new pads without even asking if I wanted them and charged me $38 for something I did not even want or ask for.

So I decided never to go there agian.

Then just last week I went down to another store and asked them to put my new chain guide on and give it a service and they only charged me $30 total. I will all ways go to them now.

i belive bike stores a required to fix anything that could be considered dangerous or worn out. think about it, if some inexperienced rider goes into a shop and asks for a service cause they dont know what to do then they expect the shop to make their bike run smoothly and safely, if the shop dosnt replace this persons pads if they are worn out and the person gets in a crash because they had no breaks then the bike store could get in trouble because the person thought that the bike was safe and it wasnt because the lbs didnt replace the pads. yes the lbs should have asked you if you wanted your pads replaced or atleast notified you before hand but if they thought that your pads were a hazard and could be dangerous to ride on and not be able to stop you then they are supposed to replace them. BUT they are supposed to notifiy you before hand, this is the same with anything on a bike.

Posted: Jul 10, 2008 at 16:00 Quote
I beleive that the most ripped of I have been is $29 for a friking MRP roller. Now thats ripped off

Posted: Jul 10, 2008 at 20:00 Quote
I got charged 20 bucks and charged for an hour and a half of service to change 1 spoke!! From now on i'll do it myself.

O+
Posted: Jul 10, 2008 at 22:48 Quote
if you guys dont like the prices shops are giving you, do it yourself. you are paying for a service, their knowledge, their tools, their staff, their time to look through the books to order your parts, their time to stand there and explain to you YES it IS going to cost money to fix your bike and no you cant get a deal, their time to take the product out of the box and price/account for everything, storing the bike. If you dont like it, do it yourself. They dont show up to work to not make money. If its so easy, do it yourself.

Posted: Jul 10, 2008 at 22:53 Quote
I bought a "SET" of avid carbons of a a guy from Quebec for 450, Asked 2 times if it was both front and rear and only received the front, He even shipped the it in a box that would fit both. The funny thing was that I asked for the other or 1/2 my money back and I recieved I sent you a set and if i give you money back ill be selling them for less then I paid. the box it came in had a price tag 369.99 for just the one.

Posted: Jul 10, 2008 at 22:54 Quote
mcrumble wrote:
if you guys dont like the prices shops are giving you, do it yourself. you are paying for a service, their knowledge, their tools, their staff, their time to look through the books to order your parts, their time to stand there and explain to you YES it IS going to cost money to fix your bike and no you cant get a deal, their time to take the product out of the box and price/account for everything, storing the bike. If you dont like it, do it yourself. They dont show up to work to not make money. If its so easy, do it yourself.

true that!!! every kid needs to stop whinning about their LBS. Bike shops are bussineses and they need to make money to keep running.

O+
Posted: Jul 10, 2008 at 23:05 Quote
My friend went to one shop to get a new chain, cassette, have both installed as well as have the chain line realigned. He was told that it would take 2 weeks. Mind you, that's not too bad if they're a busy shop, but we have a lot of shops in my city. So he took his bike to another shop; it wold have cost him $150 for a new chain and cassette including installation. The shop said they couldn't realign the chain line and it would take 3 weeks. 3 weeks!

And so he took his bike to another shop where he got a new chain, cassette, installation of both as well as the chain line thing done for 85 bucks. It took the mechanic there 2 hours to do it too.

Posted: Jul 10, 2008 at 23:07 Quote
I got charged $80 for a $35 headset and installation. Now I work at a shop, and that kind of labor price is rediculous, but I wanted to ride.

Posted: Jul 10, 2008 at 23:14 Quote
$69.99 for Odyssey Jim Cielencki pedals, they're now $43.99 at a shop a lot closer.

But this was last January, Dollar has changed a lot since then, and newer pedals have come out. Mine were also the limited edition highlighter green ones, though the regular ones were $64.99 at the time.

Posted: Jul 10, 2008 at 23:18 Quote
70 dollars for a kenda stick e back tire

Posted: Jul 10, 2008 at 23:20 Quote
mitch1616 wrote:
I bought a "SET" of avid carbons of a a guy from Quebec for 450, Asked 2 times if it was both front and rear and only received the front, He even shipped the it in a box that would fit both. The funny thing was that I asked for the other or 1/2 my money back and I recieved I sent you a set and if i give you money back ill be selling them for less then I paid. the box it came in had a price tag 369.99 for just the one.

Wow..

Posted: Jul 10, 2008 at 23:20 Quote
the most UN-ripped off.

a 2001 Marzocchi Shiver with 2005 Marzocchi shiver internols, for 40 dolelrs, that only needs a new top cap, and blt.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011378
Mobile Version of Website