Most ripped off youve gotten

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Most ripped off youve gotten
Posted: Jun 2, 2009 at 0:34 Quote
WhatAreYouNewOrSumpin wrote:
Never! had one some dumb mofo try and steal my snowboard gear, and it got him a broken arm, and a boot scuff across his dumb @ss face!
He was a 2 year older hockey player though name Joe debelinhart!

Posted: Jun 2, 2009 at 0:37 Quote
Never! had one some dumb mofo try and steal my snowboard gear, and it got him a broken arm, and a boot scuff across his dumb @ss face!

Rolleyes would you like a trophy?

Posted: Jun 2, 2009 at 0:39 Quote
jGell wrote:

If one more beer = trophy! i have bout 400 bmx ones already!

Posted: Jun 2, 2009 at 0:40 Quote
jGell wrote:

Beer here you go chief

Posted: Jun 2, 2009 at 0:41 Quote
jGell wrote:
jGell wrote:

Beer here you go chief
Cheers bro!Beer

Posted: Jun 2, 2009 at 0:48 Quote
jGell wrote:

Beer here you go chief
Cheers bro!Beer
I grew up in vernon with old schoolers like crey banks, craig rosoveld, and tim nedough

Posted: Jun 2, 2009 at 0:49 Quote
jGell wrote:

Beer here you go chief
Cheers bro!Beer
I grew up in vernon with old schoolers like crey banks, craig rosoveld, and tim nedough
cory*

Posted: Jun 2, 2009 at 1:07 Quote
jGell wrote:
would you like a trophy?
i have bout 400 bmx ones already!

Yeah, you're hardcore and cool and awesome and stuff. We get it.

Posted: Jun 2, 2009 at 3:53 Quote
nickf wrote:
gooieshred wrote:
i think i might have the best UN-ripoff. I got an 07 SXT test bike for $2200. Regular $3900. So i get $1700 off just for a few rides down the sidewalk. hehehehe
you have no idea what happens to test bikes do you...

thats not even that great of a deal. especially since its an older bike as well. last year i had an LBS selling me a 2008 Wilson 3 for $3200 tax-in when they retail for $4500+ tax.

Posted: Jun 2, 2009 at 9:30 Quote
odin333: allen bolts should be the international standard for everything on a bike.

only if they are proper metal i used sum crap 1s once and they chewed such a bastered 2 get off had 2 dril owt in da end twas my fault i used crap 1s but o well

Posted: Jun 2, 2009 at 10:06 Quote
I was having problems with my brakes, the fluid kept leaking, and my local bike shop blead it twice for free and when it still didnt work they ordered new parts from avid and didnt charge me for labour or the cost.Big Grin

Posted: Jun 2, 2009 at 10:14 Quote
Posted an ad wanting a bike.
Was directed to a shop where they had exactly what I wanted for
$650. Some guy was selling it through the shop.
Went and looked at it, was sold. Came back with money a week later.
The guy never called the shop to tell them the price. Shop called him.
He claimed to have never talked to me, but would sell the frame anyways for $750.
So there went my budget for other parts as well... still haven't gotten everything I need to get it rolling.

I currently ride the most expensive scooter ever. Sitting at $1,975.
Still waiting on cranks.

Posted: Jun 2, 2009 at 15:47 Quote
i have actally never "spent" money on a bike. on every bike i have owned i have sold it for more than i have payed for it. my first bike i went half and half with my parents (i was like 14) it was a 2006 kona dawg. i put in 650 bucks. sold it for 850 bucks. bought my 2006 kona coiler (2007 66 ata rc2, dhx 5.0) for 650 bucks (yes, it was an amazing deal!) parted it out. traded the fork for a 2006 fox 40, sold the frame, cranks, rear shock, rear wheel for 550 bucks. used the money and the left over components to buy/build up my 2006 stab supreme. spent around 60 bucks on it when it was done (new rims) sold it for 2400. bought the 2008 demo 7 II. still have not "spent" a dime.

point is, shop around for used stuff. all of my bikes (exept the demo 7 II) have been used. they were great, and got me to the point where i could afford my dream bike. but sadly i will end my streak of not "spending money becuase i will be buying a 2010 boxxer team, mrp g2, sunline v1, straitline levers stem and pedals in a couple months.

photo

\
kona dawg (stock)

photo

kona coiler (with fork/shock upgrade)

photo

kona stab supreme (custom build)

photo

Posted: Aug 4, 2009 at 16:12 Quote
bought a stone age hayes for 60€ without a disk Blank Stare way pissed, and broke my shifter so the guy at the shop sold me the same model, and its just about to break the same way... Blank Stare

Posted: Aug 4, 2009 at 17:25 Quote
I paid $250 for a bike assembly. I could have done it myself but I didnt have the tools, and wanted to ride that night. I had been waiting for the frame for 5 weeks while it was in customs, I got antsy lol.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.121523
Mobile Version of Website