Giant Stp Riders Only!

PB Forum :: Giant
Giant Stp Riders Only!
| Next Page
Posted: Feb 14, 2019 at 6:34 Quote
Scheherazade wrote:
Got myself a 2014 STP SS.
The only problem I found is that the brakes were so far from perfect (Avid Elixir 1).
I want a derailleur hanger for the STP to cover up for some trails but sadly I couldn't find it anywhere.
Can I get some advices where to find STP hangers?
The bike was bought second-hand.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GIANT-Revel-STP-Yukon-FX-Rincon-Boulder-SE-XtC-Sedona-Rear-Mech-Hanger-CC002/301758491437?hash=item4642352b2d:m:mj1HDVhKnznJBbAPttrP3Bg:rk:3:pf:0

Posted: Feb 15, 2019 at 8:39 Quote
nastic wrote:
Scheherazade wrote:
The only problem I found is that the brakes were so far from perfect (Avid Elixir 1).
I want a derailleur hanger for the STP to cover up for some trails but sadly I couldn't find it anywhere.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GIANT-Revel-STP-Yukon-FX-Rincon-Boulder-SE-XtC-Sedona-Rear-Mech-Hanger-CC002/301758491437?hash=item4642352b2d:m:mj1HDVhKnznJBbAPttrP3Bg:rk:3:pf:0

I have a 2010 SS L STP. Is there anything else needed apart from shifter, derailleur, hanger, cassette and chain? (I have a cassette and chain in my parts bin I would use) Does that chainring work with a 10spd chain? Looks like mine has the same crankset as your 2014.

Posted: Feb 16, 2019 at 11:13 Quote
kryten wrote:
nastic wrote:
Scheherazade wrote:

I have a 2010 SS L STP. Is there anything else needed apart from shifter, derailleur, hanger, cassette and chain? (I have a cassette and chain in my parts bin I would use) Does that chainring work with a 10spd chain? Looks like mine has the same crankset as your 2014.

I doubt the single speed chainring will work smoothly with the 10 spd chain, but I'm no professional so I recommend you to visit the bike shop.
I think I'll replace my chainring if I was to install a derailleur.
I'm pretty sure Raceface narrow wide or something that says '10 speed compatible' will do.

Posted: Feb 16, 2019 at 11:18 Quote
nastic wrote:
Scheherazade wrote:

Thanks for the link, but I this hanger is for 2010 or under STPs, and my STP is 2014.
https://www.amaincycling.com/giant-right-dropout-derailleur-hanger-stp-single-speed-27015/p331442
which forces me to use this but it's out of order, and I can't find the hanger anywhere else :/
Thanks for the comment anyway.

Posted: May 16, 2019 at 22:02 Quote
I’ve got a 2005 STP and I found a decent fork to replace the mz comp on it. I ride dirt jumps with my STP, how would slapping a 120mm fork on it affect the ride? Yay or nay for dj?

Posted: May 17, 2019 at 15:45 Quote
When I was a teenager, I used to ride my STP with an 85-130mm travel adjust fork. Gave me a lot of chances to test different setups.

I'd say 120mm will be fine, I actually really liked the feel of my STP at 120-130mm. It felt a lot more confident at speed on actual mountain bike trails, basically turning it into an aggresive XC/ trail hardtail. It will still feel great for dirt jumping, especially if your jumps are big and long.

That said, if your dirt jumps are especially tight/steep, or you intend to ride a lot of urban or skate parks, I'd stick with 100mm.

Posted: May 20, 2019 at 5:50 Quote
Rambad wrote:
I’ve got a 2005 STP and I found a decent fork to replace the mz comp on it. I ride dirt jumps with my STP, how would slapping a 120mm fork on it affect the ride? Yay or nay for dj?

I regularly rode my stp with Pike 454 at 120mm, I thought it was perfect.

Posted: May 20, 2019 at 13:51 Quote
cowieuk wrote:
Rambad wrote:

Frick yeah. What year 454 do you ride and how good a fork is it?

Posted: May 25, 2019 at 18:44 Quote
Rambad wrote:
cowieuk wrote:
Rambad wrote:

Frick yeah. What year 454 do you ride and how good a fork is it?
It was a 2008. That fork was amazing. I was hittig some decent sized jumps and road gaps with it. It survived riding the top of the Fort William downhill track with lockout accidentally on as well although I wasn't going that fast.

I didn't plan on ever changing that bike but it got stolen in 2012 Frown . It's still missed to this day Cry

Posted: May 25, 2019 at 19:49 Quote
wrote:
Thanks for the link, but I this hanger is for 2010 or under STPs, and my STP is 2014.
https://www.amaincycling.com/giant-right-dropout-derailleur-hanger-stp-single-speed-27015/p331442
which forces me to use this but it's out of order, and I can't find the hanger anywhere else :/
Thanks for the comment anyway.

Did you ever end up resolving this?

What about removing the stock tensioner on the drive side and going with one of these?

https://www.universalcycles.com/shopping/product_details.php?id=47444&category=54

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 11:57 Quote
Alright, got a 2006 stp 2 here, I ordered a cane creek ec44/40 lower cup so i could slap a tapered steerer fork on there. Ran into a slight problem here though when I got the cup and found out the press fit interface on the cup was longer that the headtubes was deep. Is the a headset cup with a short enough interface for my 2006 stp frame?

Posted: Sep 27, 2019 at 8:06 Quote
Hi, I'm looking for a STP frame or complete bike to buy. let me know if somebody want to sell it.

Posted: Sep 27, 2019 at 8:34 Quote
TIZZASPAIN wrote:
Hi, I'm looking for a STP frame or complete bike to buy. let me know if somebody want to sell it.

You missed mine by about 3 weeks. Just traded away my 2014 STP signed by Reece Wallace. I would have been open to selling it.

Posted: Oct 2, 2019 at 6:34 Quote
Philitup wrote:
TIZZASPAIN wrote:

You missed mine by about 3 weeks. Just traded away my 2014 STP signed by Reece Wallace. I would have been open to selling it.

very unlucky...next time Smile

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015120
Mobile Version of Website