Giant Stp Riders Only!

PB Forum :: Giant
Giant Stp Riders Only!
Posted: Sep 28, 2021 at 14:11 Quote
Adam3X wrote:
Anyone on here 6’1” and riding an stp? Bike fit ok? Feel small?

I got a 2014 STP (large) I’ve ridden it with a 35mm and 50mm stem and prefer the 50mm albeit with a fox 32 at 120mm just for reference on reach numbers etc.

Posted: Nov 9, 2021 at 16:32 Quote
Adam3X wrote:
Anyone on here 6’1” and riding an stp? Bike fit ok? Feel small?
I'm also 6'1" and have a large 2005 STP1, with a 50mm stem it fits me like a glove, I love it!

Posted: Nov 15, 2022 at 7:06 Quote
Anyone running bmx cranks on their stp? Trying to figure which cranks and bb combo will fit my 2015! Cheers

Posted: Nov 25, 2022 at 2:32 Quote
Bit late here, but heres my STP build. Getting Rockshox Reba for it soon. https://ibb.co/28gzf08

Posted: Feb 9, 2023 at 12:40 Quote
Holy thread resurrection! Big Grin

I have an old 2011 STP 1 which I picked up cheap last year to muck around on and try to develop my non existent skills.
I've converted it to single speed with the DMR kit, Pilgrips on and a cheap Clarks brake - It does the job.

However, the Bottom bracket looks knackered, no movement but a wire has popped out of the end cap.

Does anyone know which BB fits these and the size? I think it's a Truvativ Howitzer, but not sure on size. Thanks

This is the bike

https://www.bikeradar.com/reviews/bikes/mountain-bikes/giant-stp-1-review/

Posted: Feb 10, 2023 at 16:11 Quote
molineux1980 wrote:

I have an old 2011 STP 1 which I picked up cheap last year to muck around on and try to develop my non existent skills.
I've converted it to single speed with the DMR kit, Pilgrips on and a cheap Clarks brake - It does the job.

However, the Bottom bracket looks knackered, no movement but a wire has popped out of the end cap.

Does anyone know which BB fits these and the size? I think it's a Truvativ Howitzer, but not sure on size. Thanks

This is the bike

https://www.bikeradar.com/reviews/bikes/mountain-bikes/giant-stp-1-review/
should have a 68/73 howitzer external BB Pretty sure the frame has a 73 MM BB shell

Posted: Feb 11, 2023 at 2:06 Quote
Hello!
Please help me to find some info about Giant Stp SE version (about 2005?) I found it very rare.
What SE means? Where is its place between other old STP models?

(sorry for my English)
Thank You!

O+
Posted: Feb 11, 2023 at 2:36 Quote
molineux1980 wrote:

Yes! Let’s resurrect this thread! I just got myself a purple ‘09 STP 2 which is somehow pretty much still all stock apart from a ‘golden ratio’ single speed conversion! Been scrolling through this thread all week, might be one of the greatest in mtb forum history.

I’ll post pics and my plan for it shortly

O+
Posted: Feb 11, 2023 at 2:36 Quote
BWielo wrote:
Hello!
Please help me to find some info about Giant Stp SE version (about 2005?) I found it very rare.
What SE means? Where is its place between other old STP models?

Just guessing SE means Special Edition?

Posted: Feb 18, 2023 at 1:49 Quote
Looking for Giant STP 2 or better
frame size 14"
geared
Shipping to Poland
Cheers!Cool

Posted: Feb 21, 2023 at 3:32 Quote
photo

Please help!
is it STP3 frame or better? Its 2006 I think.

Posted: Aug 21, 2023 at 2:00 Quote
Hello, I'm after some help fitting new forks to my giant stp2.
Currently it has what I believe are the standard standard forks with straight steerer.
I think this year (2006) is OD I just don't know enough about giant bikes.
Obviously most forks are tapered now but what confuses me is the top and bottom semi integrated bearing.
Can someone point me to the correct bearing/adapter I need to make a standard 1.5 tapered fit?
Many thanks

Posted: Aug 21, 2023 at 5:06 Quote
ZS44/28.6-ZS44/30 for straight steerer
ZS44/28.6-EC44/40 to use tapered forks
source

You would might want to lower fork travel to 80mm, so you don't change geometry too much when using tapered steerer.

Posted: Nov 28, 2023 at 11:10 Quote
Looking to fit my 2015 STP with a dropper, have my eyes on either a Brand-X Ascend or PNW Cascade since they both have external actuation.

I know I'll need a 30.9mm post, but I don't know how long of a dropper I could possibly stuff in the seat tube.

Has anyone fitted a STP with a dropper post before and know the maximum insertion depth? How much drop could I get while having the dropper slammed?

Ideally I would like to be able to retain enough drop that the seat is out of the way for dirt jumps but also have the seat at a proper height for pedaling uphill, but not sure if that is possible with my long legs.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009874
Mobile Version of Website