Giant Stp Riders Only!

PB Forum :: Giant
Giant Stp Riders Only!
Posted: Jul 1, 2010 at 21:45 Quote
Holy shit! Is that hte new STP with horiz dropouts?

Posted: Jul 1, 2010 at 21:51 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:
Holy shit! Is that hte new STP with horiz dropouts?
:suprise: they've finally caught up to other companies! i might have to consider this for a new frame now Drool notice the way shorter chainstays aswell

Posted: Jul 1, 2010 at 22:27 Quote
i might have to consider this, but only if they gave the geo a nice revision.

Posted: Jul 1, 2010 at 22:30 Quote
yeah no 22 inch top tube and 16 inch chainstay bullshit

Posted: Jul 1, 2010 at 22:33 Quote
SugarDaddy45642 wrote:
yeah no 22 inch top tube and 16 inch chainstay bullshit

and low bb height.

Posted: Jul 4, 2010 at 1:37 Quote
hey all... I have been doing a lot of work on my stp lately.. new fork, singlespeed, new stem, and other small changes. She's feeling pretty dialed just need some nice wide bars. Anyways the point of this message is that the bike is feeling pretty dialed EXCEPT there is a horrible creaking/cracking noise coming from the headset when I do anything that takes the front wheel off the ground.. has anyone encountered this and know what exactly the issue is.. what the fix is? thanks!!

Posted: Jul 4, 2010 at 2:27 Quote
ColinJC wrote:
hey all... I have been doing a lot of work on my stp lately.. new fork, singlespeed, new stem, and other small changes. She's feeling pretty dialed just need some nice wide bars. Anyways the point of this message is that the bike is feeling pretty dialed EXCEPT there is a horrible creaking/cracking noise coming from the headset when I do anything that takes the front wheel off the ground.. has anyone encountered this and know what exactly the issue is.. what the fix is? thanks!!

try taking it out and like cleaning it and regreasing it Smile my mate had it on his bmx i know its different but it might work Smile

Posted: Jul 4, 2010 at 11:53 Quote
WILLD wrote:
ColinJC wrote:

try taking it out and like cleaning it and regreasing it Smile my mate had it on his bmx i know its different but it might work Smile
thanks.. i'll give it a shot.. I am just hoping it isn't shot completely

Posted: Jul 4, 2010 at 13:23 Quote
Just replace the bearings. They're pretty cheap. You can get a whole new headset for around 30 bucks. It's worth it, I'd say. Are you sure it's not the fork? What fork did you put on? Was it new or used?

Posted: Jul 4, 2010 at 15:58 Quote
i'm pretty sure it's not the fork because it has done that with 2 different forks... stock dj1's and 2008 domain 318

Posted: Jul 4, 2010 at 21:17 Quote
Clean out the bearing races on the frame SSUUUPPPERRRRR good. Get isopropyl alcohol, and clean it with that. Then replace your headset.

Posted: Jul 11, 2010 at 10:03 Quote
mine with few upgrade on wheelset & fork. 2006 STP, still jump-n'-roll good...

Posted: Jul 11, 2010 at 11:44 Quote
how many of you guys have or still downhill on your stps?

Posted: Jul 11, 2010 at 12:14 Quote
I've raced a very short downhill race on my STP, but now that I got my Session, the STP is Slalom, Dirt Jump, BMX, and street ride only hahaha Its definately the work horse out of the group.

Posted: Jul 11, 2010 at 15:14 Quote
did you find it okkay? how much travel were you running and was it single speed or geared?

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv14 0.015229
Mobile Version of Website