Hope Mono Moto 6 M6 Downhill DH MTB Disc Brake Brakes

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Hope Mono Moto 6 M6 Downhill DH MTB Disc Brake Brakes
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jul 10, 2008 at 21:47 Quote
I was wondering if any of you could give me some feedback about Hope Mono Moto 6 M6 Downhill DH MTB Disc Brake Brakes. It is time for an upgrade and I was thinking these would be it. Any feedback is appreciated. Thank you, -Cory

Posted: Jul 10, 2008 at 21:49 Quote
peices of shit, get bb7's bet investment you will ever makeBlank Stare

Posted: Jul 10, 2008 at 21:51 Quote
brnters wrote:
peices of shit, get bb7's bet investment you will ever makeBlank Stare
Thank you... I will look into those.-Cory

Posted: Jul 10, 2008 at 21:53 Quote
ya just playing but they are hope brakes. from what i have heard they are all pretty amazing and would stop a train

Posted: Jul 10, 2008 at 22:07 Quote
brnters wrote:
ya just playing but they are hope brakes. from what i have heard they are all pretty amazing and would stop a train
I figured you were feedin' me a line, but I didn't know if you were serious... maybe you dig mechanic....IDK. Yeah, I heard Hopes have crazy stopping pwer, but I was wondering on ease of maintaining them and how the pads hold up. I am running Hayes now, and they have been a pain since I bought them.

Posted: Jul 10, 2008 at 22:09 Quote
hayes are shit
what are you riding and what type of riding do you do

Posted: Jul 10, 2008 at 23:11 Quote
usually hopes are pretty bombproof as far as maintenance, the shop owner has a set on his dh bike and they have never been touched in 3 years of abuse by a 250+lb rider, had to replace front pads once i believe... however hope do produce a lemon once in a while, some people have never ending issues with leaking, fade, and screaming from the brakes. Usually they are fantastic brakes, but just be warned that they do make the odd bad one, the warranty is generally very good about it.

Posted: Jul 10, 2008 at 23:25 Quote
emubritish wrote:
usually hopes are pretty bombproof as far as maintenance, the shop owner has a set on his dh bike and they have never been touched in 3 years of abuse by a 250+lb rider, had to replace front pads once i believe... however hope do produce a lemon once in a while, some people have never ending issues with leaking, fade, and screaming from the brakes. Usually they are fantastic brakes, but just be warned that they do make the odd bad one, the warranty is generally very good about it.
Cool tyvm for the feedback -Cory

Posted: Jul 10, 2008 at 23:29 Quote
brnters wrote:
hayes are shit
what are you riding and what type of riding do you do
I ride a Liquid 25 frame, but it is totally overhauled w/ bad-ass components and DeeMax wheelset... I am buying an Ellsworth Epiphany when prices drop a bit. I am doing more freeride these days, but I want a brake that does it all. I am going to whistler next month, so I want the best, so I do not kill myself.

Posted: Jul 10, 2008 at 23:32 Quote
I have the Hope mono ti6 on my dh bike up front and they are no doubt fantastic.

even better with ceramic pads which seem to last for some time

but i big mountain stuff get the floating discs as the std will taco from overheating

brake copes really well with heat

but negative=it is chunky and not the lightest or smallest piece of kit; though no 2 or 4 piston design is this good.

i also have maguras louise fr and hayes and tried those formula the one brakes and still prefer my very old but trusty ti6's

they also never leaked and don't need rebleeds all to often

as for the v2's have heard very good and very bad stuff; but then again contact area minimized so hotter hotspots; but haven't tried them yet so won't say anything about these

Posted: Jul 10, 2008 at 23:37 Quote
Keit wrote:
I have the Hope mono ti6 on my dh bike up front and they are no doubt fantastic.

even better with ceramic pads which seem to last for some time

but i big mountain stuff get the floating discs as the std will taco from overheating

brake copes really well with heat

but negative=it is chunky and not the lightest or smallest piece of kit; though no 2 or 4 piston design is this good.

i also have maguras louise fr and hayes and tried those formula the one brakes and still prefer my very old but trusty ti6's

they also never leaked and don't need rebleeds all to often

as for the v2's have heard very good and very bad stuff; but then again contact area minimized so hotter hotspots; but haven't tried them yet so won't say anything about these

Thanks alot for the input.-Cory

Posted: Jul 11, 2008 at 0:00 Quote
just get codes they are perfect for what you intend to do plus they are cheaper

Posted: Jul 11, 2008 at 2:00 Quote
im running hope moto v2's with vented rotors. bit on the heavy side but certainly the best ive used to date. awesome stopping power. definatly give you a lot of confidence when things get sketchy. very happy and wont be looking for anything else in the near future

; /

Posted: Jul 11, 2008 at 2:11 Quote
i would go codes also,the hopes are nice and well finished but the engineering in them is a bit garden shed.

also wilson 4 has cooked his hope floating rotors after just 3 rides.

Posted: Jul 11, 2008 at 2:30 Quote
must have been applying the brakes all the way down

to cook a floating rotor takes quite a bit of work

took me two weeks on supermorzine and les gets mtn chery to get by standard rotors to go sloppy.

still running them though as they are not dragging

and i would disagree with the garden shed statement; some of the work and design that goes into hope is exceptional; agreed not all but still consider them at the forefront of brake design

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010597
Mobile Version of Website