What's a good dh racing bike?
Posted: Dec 6, 2008 at 20:20 Quote
poozank wrote:
Jwmbike14 wrote:
roflbikerollrollroll wrote:
changed my mind
I'm getting a complete bike
probably a wilson or demo 8

if your doing a complete. yo ucan still do Sunday V10 or many other compaines.

but if your on a budget. i would definitely suggest at Demo. fair as far as pedaling. long wheel base and a slightly slack headangle. low center of gravity. for an entry level racer it is a bad ass bike. really stable and does everything you want. it will pretty much plow through any rock section or root section with ease. and is fairly in expensive
i would say demo is definatly not entry level it is fairly expensive tho at 6100
dude demo 8 I is 3500 at my lbs

Posted: Dec 6, 2008 at 20:21 Quote
poozank wrote:
Jwmbike14 wrote:
changed my mind
I'm getting a complete bike
probably a wilson or demo 8

but if your on a budget. i would definitely suggest at Demo. fair as far as pedaling. long wheel base and a slightly slack headangle. low center of gravity. for an entry level racer it is a bad ass bike. really stable and does everything you want. it will pretty much plow through any rock section or root section with ease. and is fairly in expensive
i would say demo is definatly not entry level it is fairly expensive tho at 6100

egghhh i just meant cheaper than some. such as Santa cruz starting t 7,200

and Demos are available with cheaper builds.

Posted: Dec 6, 2008 at 20:48 Quote
id go wit a blindside thats what im gonna do when i get the money

Posted: Dec 6, 2008 at 20:50 Quote
Santa Cruz V10 if there's no budget

O+
Posted: Dec 6, 2008 at 21:03 Quote
Jwmbike14 wrote:
this is a Non biased answer.

i would definitely suggest the V10 on an unlimited budget. i have rode many downhill rigs. not all of course. but the major ones.

as far as rating the v10 i take into consideration pedaling. weight. cornering. and handling tough roots and rock sections. along with jumping and feel.

personally i like bikes that can corner fast. because truly thats where most your time is made or lost. the V10 corners great with a 65-67 degree headangle (depending on course and fork set up) it pedals for sure one of the best i have ever rode. and it with plow through anything you throw at it. because of the 10 inches of travel i feel is one huge advantage. many people think its to much. however you sit in 2 to 3 inches of sag meaning the rear tire hugs the ground over and small bumps (stutter or braking bumps) and allows much more traction. mine completely bone stock out of the box is 37 pounds. with new cranks wheels and chainguide i imagine i could get low 35 pounds or high 34.

other bikes:
the ironhorse sunday is a fair bike in every aspect. it pedals and handles rocks roots pretty well. a little slack in head angle but still corners good

Intense. well is very much like a V10 but heavier. and personally i like the feel of the V10 more

Yeti 303 has very well pedaling suspension. and is a great ride. but a really heavy frame and LOTS OF MAINTNANCE ON THE RAILS

Turner DHR fast. great feeling suspension. pedals great. plows through anything. head angle is REALLY slack at 63-64 degrees

your scale must be broken, my good friend just got an 09 v10 with the same wheels guide, he has gravity light cranks, same drivetrain, boxxer wc's, and light bars then yours and it weighs in at 39 pounds 3 ounces, we have weigh his bike on 3 different scales, im calling bullshit on your 37 pound v10

Posted: Dec 6, 2008 at 21:09 Quote
wow thats bigger than most of my english essays lol

Posted: Dec 6, 2008 at 21:22 Quote
jakal44444 wrote:
wow thats bigger than most of my english essays lol

haha yeaaahh.

sorry im going to be studying mechanical engineering. so that part of me mixed with the bike nerdy-ness brings out a whole lotta useless information.

but if you'd like. i oculd write more in depth! and talk about valving and damnping characteristics with different methods of frame to shock input designslol Big Grin Razz Rolleyes Beer lol lol

Posted: Dec 6, 2008 at 22:14 Quote
norco team dh. holla

Posted: Dec 7, 2008 at 9:14 Quote
Is this a serious question? i mean if you are going to buy a new frame for next "season" then you must have a slight idea. I mean just look at a mtb mag, it dosn't take a master mind to work it out.....

Posted: Dec 7, 2008 at 9:40 Quote
SX trail or demo 8. V10 or VP Free are also really good DH bikes, but the SX trail and demo are easier to pedal out of sticky flat sections. If you want a good all-around Dher, go with specialized, if you want a sick DH build with plush suspension, go SC.

Posted: Dec 7, 2008 at 12:58 Quote
poozank wrote:
Jwmbike14 wrote:

dude demo 8 I is 3500 at my lbs
I was talking about the 8 2

Posted: Dec 7, 2008 at 19:36 Quote
Sean115 wrote:
SX trail or demo 8. V10 or VP Free are also really good DH bikes, but the SX trail and demo are easier to pedal out of sticky flat sections. If you want a good all-around Dher, go with specialized, if you want a sick DH build with plush suspension, go SC.

are you retarded? seriously research VPP. not only does the axle path allow for you to sit in the suspension while having it efficient (meaning plush and responsive to terrain) but with using VPP you can have shock rates changing throughout the stroke. VPP is one of the best, if not the best, pedaling platform available. which is why the price tag is so hi as well. FSR is also a great pedaling platform. but still does not pedal as well and is not quite as responsive

seriously. go out and pedal a V10, Nomad, and Blur set up for your weight. it runs a standard shock (no special valving like some companies) yet still pedals better than most other companies! stand up and sprint on a V10 and it pedals as good as a 6 inch bike. stand up and pedal on a nomad and it pedals as good as a XC bike! by pedaling i mean with less pedal induced bob. but yet either of these bikes still respond to terrain while being efficient which is the beauty in it!

sorry about the long a$$ essay. but seriously before talking sh!t about a bike or suspension design, research it. and even better, RIDE IT!

O+
Posted: Dec 7, 2008 at 21:33 Quote
i have pedalled a v10 and pernsonally didn't like it very much the bike just felt dead underneath me, yes it pedals really well but it just feels dead, i personally like the feel of my judge's single pivot design without the floater on it aswell, really it is personal preference, i know quite a few people that like the feel of it and quite a few that don't like it at all, just go out and ride one and compare it to whatever bike you are looking at and see which one feels better.

Posted: Dec 7, 2008 at 21:44 Quote
jason114 wrote:
i have pedalled a v10 and pernsonally didn't like it very much the bike just felt dead underneath me, yes it pedals really well but it just feels dead, i personally like the feel of my judge's single pivot design without the floater on it aswell, really it is personal preference, i know quite a few people that like the feel of it and quite a few that don't like it at all, just go out and ride one and compare it to whatever bike you are looking at and see which one feels better.

once again. even if you have pedaled a bike. don't bash it until you have truly test rode it with suspension set up FOR YOU. because if its not set up correctly. any bike will feel like shit. and if you knew sh!t about the industry you would know thats true.

most peoples reaction to the V10 is exactly opposite. it is rather very alive and responsive rather than dead.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014393
Mobile Version of Website